“Comfortable stay”

Village Hotel Blackpool
Ranked #31 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed for a weekend at this hotel. Room was extremely comfortable and spacious, had two king size beds, including a settee, plasma tv with sky channels. Bathroom was well fitted and had a walk in shower. Breakfast was buffet and good selection. Would definitely stay again

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
jwhur, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Hi "Susan L",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

Its lovely to hear that you did enjoy your recent stay with us.

As stated in your review you would stay again, do not hesitate to contact me direct if you do want me to inform you of any current offers we may have available. My email address is Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

We do hope you come back and visit us again soon.

Janine Whur

Write a ReviewReviews (4,102)

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Did not stay as first room was problem bed broke then tv broke then moved then bedroom second room was too little . Then found out lift broke . The reception they offer carry down stair pool! I in wheelchair I wax upset left same day we ended up at different hotel . Cheaper and was brill but I won't stop here again

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Megchat
jwhur, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Hi "megchat",

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

We can only apologise for the issues you did encounter with the lift during your stay. We did offer all possible and alternatives to enable you to access the basement level to the leisure facilities and we would not wish to offend anyone.

I know you have already spoken with the Reception Team and the Duty Manager but if you do want to discuss your issues further then please do not hesitate to contact me direct via email at Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Thanks,

Reviewed 9 February 2014

This is our second visit to this hotel and we have been very impressed. Firstly, this is a quality establishment, nice rooms, well decorated, friendly staff, great indoor and outdoor pool, which even in Feb was warm enough as long as you kept moving. You'll often bump into footballers in this place, as they stay here when playing Blackpool FC - Nottm Forest were staying while we stayed. There is a pub, restaurant and coffee shop in which to eat, the gym is open from 6am 7 days a week, closing about 10pm. The only negative we found was the lift, which is slow, limited to 3 people, broke down whilst we were there, and serves probably around 100 people.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Hi "Jay b",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your second visit to the hotel and had the opportunity to use the outdoor pool.

We are having new lifts installed at the moment and apologise of any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me direct if you do want to return as I can advise of any current offers.

My direct email address is: Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Thanks,

Reviewed 5 February 2014

As many colleagues use this hotel I decided to give it a try instead of my usual hotel. What a mistake!
Room was ok but very similar to Premier Inn. No toileries which was a surprise for a 4 star resort.

Italian restaurant was terrible. Ignored when I arrived & then gazzumped by staff taking a later arriving group before me. When challenged I was advised that I had been told that I wouldd be dealt witb in a few minutes. So why did someone queue jump me? I was far from happy about how I was spoken to and left before things escalated. I spoke with duty manager & was reassured issues would be addressed.

But it went from bad to worse. Having initially gone to restaurant at 8pm shown to table at 8.30. Placed order immediately. After 30 min wait asked after my soup - I was advised that they were busy - restaurant was only ~50% full! soup arrived after 45 mins. Other customers also complained about slow service. They even ran out of parmesan cheese in an italian restaurant! On collecting my empty soup plate I was advised main course would be right away. Another 20 mins!!

When I complained got `apologies` but was also told `……thats the way it is`. I will leave you to consider if this was naive or arrogant.

Breakfast mediocre buffet - at least Premier Inn cook to order!

Discussions with management ongoing........

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank nga1962
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed here for a weekend in January and have to say it is a lovely hotel.
All staff are extremely friendly and obliging, rooms are lovely and food was excellent.
Only small complaint would be the lack of entertainment in the Hotel at night time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
jwhur, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Hi "loopy5724",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are pleased to hear that you did enjoy your stay with us.

Its always great to read positive reviews about the team on site and I will ensure that they are made aware of your comments.

During our busier periods we do have live entertainment within Victory Pub and we also host numerous tribute nights ... if you do want more details on this then please do not hesitate to contact me direct as I would be more than happy to advise you of these.

My email address is Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and i stayed here for a couple of nights and arrived late at night for check in to be greeted by a very happy young man on reception. Within minutes we were in our room. The room was cosy once i figured out how to work the heating. The room itself was rather on the small side considering the price i had paid and i was told on the phone when i booked there would be toiletries and their was not. Simple phone call down to reception and they brought us up toothpaste! Breakfast was poor and pretty tasteless! The fried tomatoes were disgusting but i suppose you cant get everything right unfortunately. We did not use the spa etc however it looked very very nice! Wish we had! On the up side the staff were very friendly and exceptionally helpful at all times! Could not of asked for better service to be honest! Overall i would return if the slight issues i have mentioned were corrected.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Kevin H

Hi "Kevin H",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are pleased that both you and your girlfriend did enjoy your overall stay with us and I will ensure that your comments are relayed to the team on site.

We do hope you will return to the hotel again in the near future and possibly have the opportunity to utilise the Spa facilities?

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Really enjoyed the leisure facilities at Herons Reach, the gym is all kitted out nicely but there was no one in the gym to show me how to use the various equipment I am not familiar with. In the hour I was in the gym I didn't see a single member of staff.

The pool is very relaxing with a sauna, hot tub and steam room but was spoilt by the hundreds of spots of chewing gum on the pool floor. They must have been there for some time.

Other than the 2 points above we had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AJ2304

Hi "AJ2304",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are pleased that you did enjoy your overall stay with us and I will also ensure that our Leisure Manager is aware of your feedback of which this is appreciated.

We do hope that you will return to the hotel again in the near future.