“Sunday 2nd March Bridal Fair”

Village Hotel Blackpool
Ranked #31 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Cleveleys, null, United Kingdom
“Sunday 2nd March Bridal Fair”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Would just like to say a big 'thank you' to a very helpful and friendly young man from your housekeeping team. I am a bridal gown designer and was showing at your recent bridal fair. I work alone and Steven ( I think that was his name) saw me struggling with my display stands and gowns. At once he came over and offered to carry most of my things into the hotel. He was most helpful and very friendly. I had my little dog with me and he even offered to take her for a little walk if i wanted him to during his lunch break. Thank you very much. Look forward to your next fair.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
jwhur, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Hi "Jonathan D",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are pleased that you chose to exhibit at our Wedding Fayre and hope this was a success for you.

I will ensure that your "thank you" is passed to Steven in Housekeeping ... I know he will be thrilled to have a mention.

Janine Whur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Lovely hotel. Welcomed warmly our room was a large family room lovely decorated, very modern.
Starbucks cafe in reception lovely friendly service from the guy who served us and he wrote my daughters name on her hot chocci. lean room plenty of large bath towels and small hand towels. Beds are sooo comfortable .The child's pull out bed had no bedding so we asked reception, a full set was sent including a fruit shoot and sweets for our daughter.Pool large steam room .sauna and jacuzzi. Outdoor pool heated but we didn't venture out.Changing rooms spotless shower gel and shampoo in the showers, Towels given so no need to pack your own. Next door to the zoo so perfect for a great day out. Breakfast is plentiful and loads of choice for everyone. We had breakfast with Birmingham City football team and Paddy Mcguinness so a great morning. (paddy mcguinness is great).
Spent evenings in the outside inn for our meals as its brilliant and only a short drive away.
I would recommend this hotel for a break and we will be returning !

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hi "Suefaye",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

It sounds like you had a lovely time and what a bonus to have breakfast with some footballers and a celebrity ...

We do hope you and your family will return to the hotel again although I can't promise the above.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with regards to any offers we may have available when you do wish to return.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed at the Village Urban Resort in Blackpool in March 2014. The hotel itself was easy to find with a very grand entrance driving up the driveway - almost like a stately home!

The parking was free - which was an added bonus and a deciding factor when I was booking a hotel in the area.

The reception was welcoming, staff very friendly and helpful. Amazing Starbucks coffee shop in the reception area - heaven!

The room was spotless, bed was large and very comfortable. We had a door adjoining the next room and at times we could hear everything the people next door were saying and didnt seem to offer much privacy.

Paid a visit to the onsite pub, again staff very friendly with a good atmopshere in the pub; however, nearly £8 for two pints of lager seemed a little steep.

Overall the hotel was a good choice and would certainly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David W
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my sister when we went to see Shane Filan playing at the Opera House. Great quality room -large double bed, bath and shower, large room space with sofa, huge desk and excellent temperature control. I don't normally sleep well in hotels, but this was an exception, I slept straight through. Huge choice for breakfast. At £89 for B&B, great value for money and great location, easy to get to from motorway

Stayed March 2014
Hi "HeatherScott_10",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

What a great review and we are pleased that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and had a good nights sleep.

We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again when returning to Blackpool.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

after unpacking my wife found a dirty thong and a dirty pair of tights at the back of a shelf. I went to the reception and they offered us a alternative room. arriving at the other room we found they was only 2 cups and 2 glasses and 2 bath and hand towels.I went back to the reception and they sent 2 of everything back up to us which they should have known as we were in a family room and 4 of us were booked in. while I was in the shower I found the shower gel container was empty had to get my wife to pass me some soap from above the sink in a aftershave top. I went back to the reception and they had someone send up some shampoo and shower gel and conditioner. next day after the house keeper had been she had taken away the extra cups glasses and towels so again we were left with 2 f everything which was not good. also we found a lot of dust and a dirty room. also blood outside door in bathroom which I wiped off with wet toilet paper so the children didn't touch it. the pool table in the victory did not have a light above it and no chalk for the pool cues.to say it was a pound a go we were not happy. also the language was disgusting from the other customers. we had to leave due to the children were present. no member of staff went to tell the other customers about the anti social language they were using. disgusting no good in a family environment. the manager did phone us when we got home and explained everything he said he was going to speak to the house keeper and get back to us. he didn't . total cost £340 for 2 adults and 2 children for 2 nights and breakfast never again. would have been better at a travel lodge

Room Tip: dont bother
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Tommy D
Hi "Tommy D",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We would like to apologise for the issues you did encounter during your stay. I was also concerned that you have stated that you have not had a return call from the Management Team on site.

I am assuming you have now had a response, but please can you contact me direct if you have not? My direct email address is Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Janine Whur

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Wigan
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Great hotel,facilities and food all really good.Swimming pool very nice,sauna and steam room and even an outside heated pool.There is a bar were you have a drink and watch sky sports.The rooms are very spacious and clean.The only downside is the distance to the town if you want a drink a taxi is nearly a tenner each way.

Room Tip: The upper deck rooms are really nice
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi "Les48",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are pleased that you did enjoy your stay with us and also took the opportunity to use the leisure facilities.

We do hope that you will return to the hotel in the near future as we would love to welcome you back.

Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Booked to go here on a spa day and night for my hen party. When we arrived at 9am in the morning we were all able to check into our rooms, all very nice apart from the disabled room we had booked.
We asked for a twin disabled and this was a double, when we asked at reception we were told there where no other rooms available but the could separate the beds in that room. This room was tiny so when the beds got separated it meant the room was no longer useable as a disabled room, there was barely room to walk around never mind get a wheelchair in. The beds had basically just been dumped in the middle of the room with fixed bedside tables above the head of the bed. Disgusting attitude to disabled guests.

The spa was lovely and cannot recommend this spa and the girls in here enough! Everything was on time, it was nice and relaxing and everyone loved all treatments.

The meal in the evening was a set three course menu we had paid for as a package. We hadn't been told this on booking. We thought it was the full menu. Most of the food was nice, wouldn't really go again though. Chocolate cake was awful and not one person ate it, needed a chainsaw to get through it.

There were no lifts in working order when we stayed when we asked a member of staff about this his reply was, 'nothing works in the place, good luck'

The host in the evening restaurant (Richard) - lovely man and very polite but someone needs to tech him personal hygiene. When working front of house in a restaurant, people do not want a waft of extremely bad b.o every time he walks past. Very bad customer service, actually put us of our food.

When I complained about this visit we got a bottle of house wine and strawberries on our next visit.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a disabled room, stay elsewhere if you need good facilities.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends