We have stayed here many times as we have family in nearby Lytham St. Annes. The last stay was in February on my birthday, my husband paid for an upgrade to an Upper Class room as a surprise. The room overlooked the golf course but was quite small for an upgraded room, the only difference that we could see was the Starbuck drinks package, toiletries, Sky Movie package and the Bose docking station for an iPod. The hanging space for our clothes was compromised by the drawer unit underneath that meant that our clothes were crumpled at the bottom. The room decor is quite gloomy and I found it difficult to dry my hair and apply make up in the poor light. The iPod docking station was excellent though.
We have previously eaten in the main restaurant (Buca di Beppo) and do not rate it at all, poor selection, small portions, expensive for what you get but nice surroundings which are spoilt by surly staff, so opted to eat in the Victory Pub and Kitchen. We had some vouchers which were given to us on arrival that we tried to use in the Victory Pub but when we presented them we were told that they were not valid (the vouchers are very misleading, the logo matched but the name of the bar didn't).
The Breakfast was good, plenty of items, all hot and nicely cooked, the toaster (which they have replaced from the usual slooooow hotel toasters) had a bit of a problem as a piece of bread had lodged in it causing it to smoke very badly and the staff had to take it away for a short while to clear it but no problem.
The Starbucks at the front of the hotel is very nice where you can relax with friends/family and chill out. We looked at the leisure facilities and swimming pool, they looked inviting but didn't use them.
In the evening on the check-in desk, I noticed that there was a website for Upper Class residents that included special offers, I asked the receptionist what it was and she apologised for not telling us about when we checked in, I tried to access it but was unable to so returned to the check-in desk and asked if there was a problem with it, she told me she would call head office in the morning to investigate, we were leaving the next day and she assured us she would e-mail us on our return home, and she did, and explained there had been a problem with the website which was a shame as we may have used some of the offers while we were there
We would stay here again because the surroundings and environment are very pleasant but in reality the hotel has no real competition and we feel that the management is complacent and don't need to try too hard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Blackpool is set in 236 acres of Fylde coast countryside, the hotel is the perfect base for a relaxing leisure break with the splendour of the Trough of Bowland and the Lake District only an hours drive. There's all the fun of the Pleasure Beach, piers and Golden Mile just minutes away offering something for everyone. Village Hotel Blackpool has 174 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 3 Squash Courts, 3 Tennis Courts, Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools, Championship Golf Course, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Village Hotel Blackpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Herons Reach Blackpool
- Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Blackpool De Hotel Vere