Myself and 15 pals attended the Herons Reach on a Golf Stag Do Weekend on 22/03/14 to celebrate our Pal Brys last few days of freedom.We are all well presented hard working blokes and in no way rough and tumble chaps that are sometimes associated with these types of gatherings. The golf was great on Saturday although the weather was awful which in no way obviously can we blame the hotel for.Unfortunately what we can lay the blame on the hotel about is the horrible horrible food they presented to us in the evening.The so called Mixed Grill was nothing more than a Child's School Dinner at best,it consisted of a Sausage Curl, gammon, steak and a piece of chicken along with thin packet chips and mixed veg (peas and carrots).The items were approx 60mm square and so tough the knives could not touch them, the sausage was probably the only edible item.The shift manager came to talk to our best man but to be fair nothing was sorted and the chef wouldn't come out to talk to us about his mistakes etc.It took so long that the rest of the party had got past the hungry stage and we retired to bed hungry fed up and not to happy.I think the last word was that the shift leader would get in touch with the manager to discuss the situation but alas we haven't heard anything yet.
To conclude.It was terrible terrible food but the hotel is fantastic for sport.Beware.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Blackpool is set in 236 acres of Fylde coast countryside, the hotel is the perfect base for a relaxing leisure break with the splendour of the Trough of Bowland and the Lake District only an hours drive. There's all the fun of the Pleasure Beach, piers and Golden Mile just minutes away offering something for everyone. Village Hotel Blackpool has 174 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 3 Squash Courts, 3 Tennis Courts, Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools, Championship Golf Course, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Village Hotel Blackpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Herons Reach Blackpool
- Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Blackpool De Hotel Vere