“Very Conflicting Stay”

Village Hotel Blackpool
Ranked #31 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel on business purposes.
After looking at the description of the hotel on the hotel website and tripadvisor, I thought I would give it ago.
The first room that I was given was directly above the squash courts. You could continually hear the ball hitting the wall and the players shouting. After informing the reception team that I was not happy, I was moved to another room. This room was on the floor above, unfortunately it was also the same. I could still hear the squash ball vibrations carry up the wall cavity when trying to sleep. The noise from the vibration stops at approx. 22:00. If you require an early night, there is no point checking in here. The beds are also brick hard.
Apart from this, the rest of the facilities are top class. The fitness suite/swimming pool are great. The staff are very helpful and friendly and the hotel is very clean. The wifi access is also excellent. However, as a good nights sleep, its not the best.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
jwhur, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Hi "Webbie2004",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

I am sorry that you did experience noise disturbance during your stay, if you will be returning to the hotel in future then please can you contact me direct to enable me to allocate you a room in a quieter area of the hotel.

My direct email address is Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Janine Whur

Write a ReviewReviews (4,223)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stopped at the village a number of times when on business in Blackpool. The rooms are clean and basic and the only time you get decent toilettes is if you upgrade.

The breakfast is not great and it takes ages to make a slice of toast, depending on the time you go down for breakfast will depend on how fresh the breakfast is and sometimes the cooked food has been sat for a while.

The pool and gym is very nice and Starbucks site is good.

Its fine for a couple of nights on business but I don't think I would book for pleasure as every room I have stopped in has been quite dark.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quite dark, suggest a view of the golf course on a higher floor to get a bit more...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Hi "Linzi B",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are pleased that you do choose us as the place to stay when you visit Blackpool on business and we take all feedback seriously.

I will ensure that your comments with regards to breakfast is relayed to our Executive Chef.

If you do want to discuss your feedback further then please do not hesitate to contact me direct on: Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had a lovely overnight stay here. Clean and cheerful room, with a very comfortable bed. Good buffet breakfast, handy if you like your food. Staff are friendly and check in efficient. nice area away from the tacky central area of Blackpool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows overlooking the golf course as the pool view rooms can be very noisy whe...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Hi "Lovemygrub888",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your overnight stay with us and that you liked the area in which the hotel is located.

We do hope you will return to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed there this week for two nights.

The entrance to the hotel is nice with Starbucks ect. The problem is when you go up to the rooms. The hall ways had food on the floor that wasn't vacuumed for over 24 hours. Our room was dirty drink spills on the desk area crumbs all over the chair food on the floor. No hand soap in the dispenser. The furniture was old and chipped the pain was chipped in all the skirting boards and had been touched up with pain that didn't match.
We ate in the Italian restaurant which was fine we also ate in the pub the food was fine but the rambles weren't clean. And it wasn't really suitable for families in there even though it was only 3.30 pm due to the men in there from golf. They were swearing at the till point where the food was ordered the staff didn't step in and ask them to tone there language down. It seemed like they were regulars as the staff knew them by name. We ate our food and quickly left.
On day of check out we nipped back to our room after breakfast at 8.30 am and our card wouldn't work it had been turned of I know they want to clean the rooms quick as the cleaner was in the room next to ours but surely before check out time is not acceptable.
We had heard really good things about this hotel but wouldn't recommend it to others

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sophie205

Hi "sophie205",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are sorry that you were disappointment with your stay of which we do apologise. I will feedback your comments to the Management team on site.

If you would like to discuss your issues further then please do not hesitate to contact me direct on: Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Everything except the service is great, they staff spoil the venue by being miserable and not at all helpful, big delays for sime things like ordering food in the bar up to 45 mins wait, just not acceptable,

• Stayed: April 2014

Hi "Scott T",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are sorry that you were disappointed with the service within the hotel of which will be relayed to the Management team on site.

If you do wish to discuss your issues further then please do not hesitate to contact me direct on: Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Reviewed 7 May 2014

we spent a long week end in this outstanding hotel and it was wonderful.it was so relaxing we really enjoyed the spa that was included in the price of our stay.the room was quite comfortable and clean.the staff was very friendly and helpful.also in the hotel there is a pub where the food is really good ,the service amazing.we really recommend to chose this hotel if you happen to go to blackpool also great for golf fanatics

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
VILLBLACK, General Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Village The Hotel Club Blackpool.

It is great to hear you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel. Your feedback is very important to us in order to improve and grow our business and I will be sure to pass your comments back to the relevant departments.

Kind Regards

James Stewart - Senior General Manager

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here w/c 23/4 having not been to the hotel for at least 2 years.

The first thing that you notice is the amount of time and money that has been spent on the public areas. Gone was the the old fashioned Hotel Restaurant that I never noticed busy, replaced by a reasonably priced Italian Pizzeria. The pub/golf clubhouse has dioubled in size & was very busy, even on a Wednesday.

My only criticism is that perhaps they could have spent some more money on the rooms as they are starting to look a lillte tired (this may be next on the agenda, I don't know).

Check in was smooth despite it being very busy at 5pm, just the relevent information given instead of the the endless drivel given out by some reception areas!

My room was perfectly acceptable for the one night I was staying with a plesent functional bathroom, small in size, but ok. The decor, as i said seemed a bit tired which made for a rather dull room.

I had a meal in the Victory Pub which has replaced the old golf clubhouse & I have to say it was excellent and, together with the drinks prices, relatively reasonably priced for a Hotel. A previous cricicism was that this area could get very busy at times but due to the extensive buidling work that had been done since my last visit, this was no longer an issue.

Breakfast the next morning was also excellent with a wide choice of cereals & hot food. The cooked breakfast did not taste like it had been under lights for some considerable time, a failing of many places that serve buffet style meals.

All in all, I would say that the hotel has improved considerably over the last 2 years but i do feel that they should look at the rooms next.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business