“Excellent stay we will be back!!!”

Village Hotel Blackpool
Ranked #32 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Herons Reach excellent Hotel will amazing facilities 2 swimming pools plus a spa one night with 2 rounds of golf and evening meal and breakfast such a great place, we will be back thanks to all the staff who made are stay such a pleasant time there. The PGA academy and Golf course are a treat.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
jwhur, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Hi "Bryn R",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

It's great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and managed to play the course. I will ensure that the team on site are aware of your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon when you return.

Janine Whur

Write a ReviewReviews (4,087)

Reviewed 6 July 2014

As we drove up the drive approaching the hotel we thought wow what a great looking hotel with lovely grounds! That was the only nice thing about our stay! The Becca restaurants service was extremely slow yet they had lots of waitresses standing around in huddles and was difficult to get anyone's attention! After numerous complaints from ourselves and other hotel guests to reception about what only can be described as a party going on in a nearby room with loud chatter and doors slamming from 11:30pm till 3:30am were we finally taken seriously! My wife paid good money to come away for a last minute weekend away. The hotel was chosen because it wasn't in the centre of Blackpool so assumed how peaceful and how nice it would be to stay here! Completely ruined the whole experience. We have both agreed that we wont be coming here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank JCoomer
jwhur, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hi "JCoomer",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We would like to apologise for the noise disturbance you did experience during your stay and that this did ruin your trip away.

I will ensure that your feedback is relayed to the Management team on site to ensure they are fully aware of your experience.

If you do wish to discuss your issues further then please do not hesitate to contact me direct at Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This hotel doesn't really know what it wants to be. While there is nothing ostensibly wrong with the hotel or the staff, it just doesn't work for me. Is it a business hotel? Is is a leisure hotel? Is it a place to meet for coffee?

Also, as with so many hotels these days, the room was boiling hot. There was a small window which I could open but that meant leaving the curtains open and waking once it got light. Staff did inform me that they had fans the next day but I don't think it would have made much difference.

Finally, I was running a training course in the hotel and the events management was pretty poor and rather disorganised.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Hi "2010media_david",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

In answer to your review the hotel is a resort and we aspire to cater for everyone's requirements which includes the hotel guests along with our customers/leisure members within the local area.

I would like to apologise that your event was disorganised and if you would like to contact me direct I will be more than happy to discuss your feedback further. My email address is Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed at the Urban Village Blackpool for a business trip and took my family along for the week. The room was clean and tidy and although it had a fan it was extremely warm even with the windows open. There was a lack of plug sockets near the bed, however this was no major problem for me but be advised if you require near a bed. The fold out bed in the family room was nothing more than a fold down single chair and you could feel the springs through the extremly thin mattress (this was just the cushions from the seat) for a family room I would normally expect a bed. The facilities were good and the gym and pool were fine. The gym and pool were very clean and in a good state of repair which cannot be said the same for the Urban Village in Swindon. The bar food in the Victory pub was of a poor standard and appeared to be just reheats in a microwave. The Italian restaurant fared better however jumpin in the car and going to some of the places in the local area proved slightly better. Breakfast was fine and had a decent selection.

All in this was a reasonable stay for the price paid and met my requirements for a business trip.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking golf course have more light and are quieter. Rooms have no A/C or fridge. Famil...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Deepskisam

Hi "Deepskisam",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are pleased that you did enjoy your overall stay with us and I will ensure that your feedback with regards to the food is passed to our Executive Chef.

We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future should you be in the area again?

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I got to stay here by using a voucher given when joining the health club in another city. My Friday cost just £29.But a quick check on the internet indicated that the room would normally be £120, so this is what I am forming my review around.
The double room was quite dark with a small window which looked out over a square of flat roofs. Which was disappointing. The size of both the room and bathroom, was also disappointing, espeCially when compared to the cheaper competition. There were no products in the bathroom. Which I was sure had been promised and would have expected for £120. The T.V was an old fashioned kind, not the large flat screen type that most hotels have installed now. But the bed and pillows were comfortable, and everything was clean enough. We had wanted to eat in the Italian themed restaurant, but found the menu singularly uninspiring, and over-priced. So went for the bar option. Which was not much better. The food was pleasant and edible though, if not the type of thing I would normally order in a restaurant. The following morning I went for an early morning swim, and enjoyed the hotels excellent health club facilities. (No relaxation/yoga or pilates classes held) The lobby with coffee shop was very busy, with nowhere to sit and enjoy your brew. But overall this was a pleasant stay. I would have been far more disparaging had I paid the full amount, however.

• Stayed: April 2014

Hi "The Twizz",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are pleased that you did enjoy your overall stay and I will also ensure that the team on site are aware of your constructive feedback.

We do hope that you would consider staying with us again should you be in the area?

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

What a great golf course and lovely staff (Peggy chambermaid )food great outdoor pool a must friendly staff in victory bar nice food there as well cheap lager great 2.95 a pint Stella four buffet breakfast great and sky in room only bad thing 30 pound for hire of golf buggy bit on the pricey side wil definately be going back many thanx Carl&graham

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Buckoblue

Hi "Buckoblue",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

It sounds like you both had a great time during your stay and that you had the opportunity to utilise all the facilities, I will ensure that the team on site are aware of your great feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My old friend and I wanted to spend a relaxing weekend away , and Blackpool was forecasted the best weather of the weekend so the Village was duly chosen. It was a stay with very mixed support from DeVere however.

I called central reservations and a very pleasant fellow named Chris helped me to book a room. He told me that I needed to upgrade my booking from the £181 special to £239 for a Double Plus room ( which could be converted to a Twin room).

Upon arrival I found that Chris had not put any advice regarding our requirements for twin beds on our booking and our allocated room was configured as a double bed.

I schlepped back to reception to enquire and the pleasant receptionist told me that housekeeping could separate the beds for me. After trying the number she told me that housekeeping had finished for the weekend and that she would get my room changed in the morning. I wasn't happ but he - housekeeping need some downtime too.

Back at the room we were amazing to find that there were no power sockets near the bed that were not blanked. This meant that my friend could not plug in a CPAP machine that he needs to sleep safely. The only non-blanked sockets were 20 feet away at the work desk.

Another trip to reception I spoke to another receptionist, a fellow this time and I asked if there were rooms with power sockets near the bed. Upon wider discussion this receptionist told me that there was a twin room available right now on the lower ground floor, and would we like to move in directly ? Also the room was smaller so would only require a single extension cable for the CPAP machine. I agreed a rate reduction back down to the non-"plus" rate and we moved rooms.... to find that this room too had a double bed , not twins.

Back to reception and another receptionist apologised profusely and called housekeeping ... who miraculously were now back at work.... to come and split the bed into two.

Nothing for an hour, then a maintenance fellow arrived with or extension cable. I asked him if Housekeeping was available... he phoned directly and within half an hour a very nice young chap arrived to split the beds. I asked him how many beds in the Village could be split into twins. "Almost all the king sized ones" he said. "How about room 442?" Yes that can be split.

Grr.

So we could have stayed in our original room if we hadn't been lied to about the availability of the housekeeping service, and the split-status of beds.

This may all sound petty but my friend is not in great health and this weekend away was long-anticipated. It was a really crappy way to treat guests from start to finish.

After this frankly rubbish start things got better at the Village Blackpool. The room was a bit dingy and poorly lit with bulbs, but the window faced the sun on the 18th hole of the golf course and was very bright. The room and bathroom were pretty well quipped. Beds comfy.

After an exploration of Blackpool by taxi and on foot, we returned to spend the evening in the Victory pub. Not bad at all, friendly staff, comedy pricing.

Next morning we sampled breakfast - typical buffet fayre - and after using the fine hotel facilities we settled at a tale outside the Victory pub for the afternoon in the sun. An ordered chicken Caesar salad was not one of the classics but was okay.

The Village is a fine resort in which to spend time. Leisure facilities are classy and welcoming. we had a lovely couple of days after the check-in cockups.

Upon checkout I noted that only £50 had been credited to my account as a result of downgrading my room, when I had paid £58 extra to upgrade at the behest of "Chris" . I showed my booking form to the receptionist who went out back and got permission to credit my account with the extra £8.

All in all we had a nice weekend, but incompetent or dishonest staff left a bitter taste in my mouth. I expect more from a brand like DeVere.

Room Tip: Make sure that an requests are written on the booking request by the booking agent.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ormstein

Hi "Ormstein",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

I am sorry to hear that there were a few complications/issues with check-in/reservation, I will ensure our Front of House Manager is made aware of this along with our Central Reservations team.

We are pleased that the rest of your stay did go smoothly and hope that you would return again should you be in the Blackpool area again?