Stayed here for 1 night 11/08/14. First impressions were very good. The hotel drive is very nice and check in was excellent. The guy that checked us in was very polite and professional. We had booked an Upper Deck room which overlooked the golf course and was very clean and pleasant. Left the car in the car park and took a taxi to the Pleasure Beach which was £10. Returned later that evening and decided to have dinner in the pub bit of the hotel and this is what lets the hotel down so much. After waiting at the bar to be served we found a table which was sticky to say the least. After checking over the uninspiring menu we ordered a starter and main course and watched tables leaving (it wasn't busy) and not 1 member of staff cleaned the tables or removed dirty glasses/plates etc. Our food arrived after approx. 15 minutes and this is where it got strange. Our starters came with the main courses and it took 2 attempts to explain why we didn't wwant them at the same time?? The food was ok, wish I would have opted for the Italian. Had a good night's sleep and breakfast the next morning was good, I had continental while my partner went for the full english (I think the price is the same regardless, I just prefer continental). Again check out was as efficient as check in. Would I go back, probably not as I have no desire to visit Blackpool, however I would probably try one of the other hotels in the chain as I liked the room, just a massive let down in the pub area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Blackpool is set in 236 acres of Fylde coast countryside, the hotel is the perfect base for a relaxing leisure break with the splendour of the Trough of Bowland and the Lake District only an hours drive. There's all the fun of the Pleasure Beach, piers and Golden Mile just minutes away offering something for everyone. Village Hotel Blackpool has 174 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 3 Squash Courts, 3 Tennis Courts, Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools, Championship Golf Course, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Blackpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Herons Reach Blackpool
- Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Blackpool De Hotel Vere