“Worst Hotel in Blackpool”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Northlands Hotel

Northlands Hotel
Ranked #835 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
“Worst Hotel in Blackpool”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

1 is a gernerous rating for this stay!!! Rude staff, smelly place, doors that didn't lock... A two hour wait for the door fixing, a leaky bathroom, bunk beds with no bars and a toilet that didnt flush. You don't expect 5* for your money but you expect basic cleanliness. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. And the cheek to ask for a damage deposit is ridiculous. Should have been paid to stay.
It was that bad that we rang several hotels for another room. Do. Not. Stay.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Flowellaq

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

Some of the reviews are spot on. Yes it is tired. Yes in places it is scruffy. But it is bloomin cheap and does what it says on the tin. Good craic for a stag weekend even though the bathroom ceiling fell down and the door lock was broken. .....it did not matter we were not sober enough to worry. Happy days !

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Scogal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayd here saturday 2 lads. Where do I start we was greeted by a horrible looking man who looked like triple h on drugs. The place stinks. The rooms are tiny bed was broken . Holes everywhere. Half to share a shower and toilet with other people. This bnb should be demolished I would never stay here again. Even if they would pay me to. Who ever writes a good review about this place is either been paid to or its the owner herself. Dont be fooled guys . Its absaloutley disgusting!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank donaldon
yorkiepeter, Owner at Northlands Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
These 'people' were causing severe damage in the hotel and we had to call the Police to get them arrested and they were forced to pay for the damage. Anyone who does not believe me can email me and I will happilly give you the Police log number so you may check for yourself.

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Absolutely terrible...
Firstly walked in and there was no welcome she asked for our name. We was taken to our room and left there was told no times for breakfast or when to leave...
The rooms were terrible... It's stunk of smoke and dogs and the sheets were dirty and the the carpets hasn't been hovered in such a long time!! The rooms were small... The window wouldn't shut and the door to the bathroom was stuck...
Then every time sum one above us used the toilet the whole bedroom would shake!!
The water coming from taps stunk!!
We had no sleep what so ever people was coming back all times of the night and the noise was terrible...
So after that we was told we would have a continental breakfast... What a joke!! There's was a jug of cold tea and a empty jug of orange juice ceral box was empty no milk...and then we was brought over 5 triangle slices of toast for 4 adults with off butter that had mould on it and the bread was cold and hardly toasted... Whilst sat at the table the window cills were filthy and there were all dead flys... So I stormed out!!
Never again!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Glover1998
yorkiepeter, Owner at Northlands Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Really cannot understand this review.

There may be occasions when the orange juice may temporarily run out, but not milk, juice, cereals and cold tea!!!!

makes me think this review is totally fictitious......and the clue is in the toast comment. Our guests can help themselves to bread and toast it themselves if they so wish

....another malicious review by someone trying to destroy my business.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

We arrived at 18.30. By 18.35 I wanted to leave. We were greeted by a scruffy looking man with a rolled up fag behind his ear. We were then taken to our room by a young lady who didn't even say hello. We stayed in room 6. The bed is broken and dipped in the middle. At one point I contemplated just putting the matress on the floor. Woke up with a bad back both days. The window did not shut. The shower door did not close properly the tv remote had no batteries so couldn't even get any music to get ready. There was a hole in the wall in I fixed the wardrobe door handle that had come off and not be bothered to be fixed. I know it's cheap but seriously it maybe better to pay a little more and get something half decent. I agree with a previous comment. Surprised it is allowed to operate

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Aikidoman1979
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

My best mate had his stag do in Blackpool and picked this hotel for our stay. When I found out the name of the hotel I immediately went on here to see what was being said. After reading the reviews I was filled with dread and was having second thoughts about staying. I was persuaded to stay by the others in our group. When we got to the hotel the staff where friendly and helpful and showed us to our rooms. They where clean with plenty room shower/bathroom was ok and everything was what you would expect for the price we paid. We had a fantastic weekend made all the better by our hotel. Some of the reviews on here are a joke. People want the ritz for pound land prices. It is a stag hotel and it may be rough around the edges but its a damn sight better than some in Blackpool. Read the reviews on the Malibu if you want rough.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
fife
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

Rooms were a mess! Rubbish on floors, shower was disgusting, used tampon in the toilet, damp up the walls, bed sheets had holes in them, hotel stinks of stale beer and cigarettes, holes in the wall, powder of some sort lined up on the bedside cabinet, I'm extremely surprised its allowed to operate, service was pathetic, we didn't stay, we walked out at night and drove 4 hours back to Scotland. Absolute disaster of a place.
The location was the only positive factor, all the above is honestly the truth, I will try to upload photos

• Stayed March 2013