“Do not go here”
Review of Northlands Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Northlands Hotel
Ranked #791 of 860 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Chester
“Do not go here”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Tiles in bathroom cracked an lifted
My daughter fell
Broken TV broken kettle
Mould in bathroom
Blood stained walls
Faeces on window sill
Drunk man entered are room asking if there was any cider
Bunk bed very unsafe
Disgusting carpets beds walls decor
Dirty smelly rooms bar ect I wouldn't let a dog stay here
We left the same night and demanded a refund followed by 2 more couples
Staff rude and drunk slobs

Stayed July 2014

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We arrived at Northlands after feeling a little concerned after reading some of the reviews. Our experience however was very different. The landlord was incredibly welcoming and hospitable right from the first instance. We were allowed to book in early as we had asked a few days before if we could get in early due to the time our train arrived. When we got upstairs to the room it was absolutely lovely. We were in a four person family room with a double bed and bunkbeds. The beds were made up beautifully in immaculately clean bedding with sparkling white towels laid out in each bed space. Toiletries were provided as was tea, coffee, sugar, whitener and a hair dryer! The bathroom was small but servicable - and again - spotlessly clean.
The bar opened in the evening, with very reasonable prices with a dart board, pool table and big screen TV but there were also tables outside the hotel so that we could make the most of the beautiful weather we had.
When we were planning trips out for the day, the proprietor - Peter - came up with suggestions of where we could go, how we could get there etc even down to googling bus times etc AND phoning for our taxi to go there!
The hotel was basic but clean but this is reflected in the price. It's an ideal central location - just behind Coral Island and Bonny Street Market - perfect for families to explore. Unfortunately, it's not suitable for disabled travellers due to no rooms downstairs but everything else about it was ideal for us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kayellbee
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have just returned from a night in Blackpool at the World Matchplay darts which me and my friend attend every year. After booking the Northlands I read some of the reviews below and was more than a little concerned by the booking to the point where once parked we were checking for vacancies in other hotels....... On arrival I found the apparently unwelcoming landlord was actually very friendly and accommodating for mine and my friends needs as he looked after our valuables while we attended the darts. Once checked in the room was very clean and beds were extremely comfortable...so much to the point my mate fell sleep for two hours. I went down to the very reasonably priced bar and chatted away with the landlord who even let me have run of the Sky and helped get me hooked up the wifi. The place is very secure and the location is brilliant for all the local bars, eating establishments and all the other sights of Blackpool. Upon checking out we were asked if everything was OK with our stay and I am pleased we will go back next year and ignore most of the unfounded criticism as you get what you pay for

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Chris G
Workington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Me and my 2 daughters stayed at the northlands hotel for 2 nights... The best things about our stay were
1- The location.
2- The (very small) but comfy beds.
3- Going home.
Unfortunately the hotel was grubby, very untidy... Our room was barely big enough for 2 people, let alone 3!
The toilet seat was literally hanging off, the curtains didn't fit the windows. The TV didn't work(we were given another tv which we had to set up ourselves but it didn't reach the socket and Ariel so was no good). Holes in the walls... We took our shoes off and the carpet was literally sticking to our feet... We couldn't hang our clothes in the wardrobe as it smelt too bad.
I'm a fair person but was very disappointed... I will never stay there again and would never recommend it to anyone either..
I'm sorry if this has offended anyone but for a supposedly 2* hotel, its very poor... I would rate it as only just 1*..

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Suvernbird

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Barnsley
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Was supposed to stay in this hotel at the weekend unfortunately I didn't even get to the room before I was making a quick exit! The man who we were greeted by was very unwelcoming, we were told we could not go to the room until 2pm but could leave our suit cases in the building which was fair enough but when asked if we could stay for a drink in the hotels bar he said no, which I thought very strange. We were then quickly hurried out of the door without our luggage, after which one of the members went back into the hotel to get our cases as we decided that was a bit weird, the man had completely disappeared so left our luggage unattended so anybody could have taken them.
Overall, not a good experience. There are plenty of B&B's in blackpool my advice would be to get to blackpool and have a quick look at the hotels rather than booking online

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Lilgem29
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My friends and I stayed at the Northlands this past Sunday. We were attending an event at the Blackpool Tower (which is a stone's throw away), and found that the room had everything we needed for our trip. It was tidy, clean, and comfortable, the staff were friendly and accommodating, and the location was excellent (a really short walk away from the pier, the Tower, and the local high street). I would definitely recommend this hotel for little breaks - it's fantastic value for money, and exceeded all of our expectations.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank CLW90
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Your paying £20 for a b&b to stay for a night out in blackpool, you are not paying £200 for a posh hotel.., if you want a clean room with comfy beds and a relaxed party atmosphere stay here. If you want the ritz pay for it and go there.
Yeah the bar wasn't the nicest, but your surely not planning on spending your evening there are you? The rooms are fine, nothing special but clean and decent for £20. Can't comment on breakfast as was way too hanging for that!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends