“Shabby but excellent care.”
Review of Bond Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blackpool
Bond Hotel
Ranked #47 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Shabby but excellent care.”
Reviewed 11 May 2011

This is the 3rd visit for our residents. This hotel is a little shabby but the level of care offerred to my residents and staff has been exceptional. Nothing has been to much trouble for them. My residents come home asking when the next trip is. Some people have stated that it is expensive !! they should try looking at some of the prices disabilty holiday associations charge.
I will say that as for decor the hotel in st annes is a lot nicer, but this is the only fault with the Bond in Blackpool that the rooms need a lick of paint.
The staf go out their way to help carers and provide a high lebvel of entertainment.
A resident was recently at st annes hotel and staff made sure that our carer knew of the transport that was availble. they also arranged trips at night to the sister hotel.
I know when I send my residents to this hotel that they will be given a high level of casre and enjoy their holiday.
My only negative is the cost of the transport. I ordered the minibus from liverpool to blackpool and it cost £250. this is a bit steep. A quote from a local taxi company for round trip was £120. hence will not be using transport again.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank missiemum
BondHolidays, Manager at Bond Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your holiday with us. It is wonderful to read your comments regarding our staff. We are proud to have such a dedicated team who take such pride in the holiday experience they are able to create.

I would like to mention that the bedrooms at the Blackpool Hotel are under the process of being decorated when they are vacant and this process will be completed very quickly by our maintenance team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kind Regards
Bond Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2011

I took a party of 42 (32 with learning disabilities) for a weekekd break.The hotel was shabby and tired, yes the bathrooms were alll wheelchair accessible, but they were dated and the sliding doors didn't slide. The staff were very unhelpful, and at times rude. On arrival I was expecting to find a fridge in my room to keep medicine in, this arrived 24 hours later, and I had to store the medicine in the kitchen fridge! One of our ladies is a wheelchair user, I chose a room with a riser bed for her, but it was too high for her to sit on and was as low as it went! The staff did not offer to move her to another room, or move the beds around for me - I did this myself so that she could sleep in another bed.
All the drinks were watered down - including the beer!
At breakfast you were not allowed to have both cereal and fruit juice! The cooked breakfast was nice, but service was terrible. One of our party recieved his cooked breakfast before he had even poured the milk in his cereal! Toast, coffee and tea were very slow to appear (if at all) and if you asked for them they were very off hand and made you feel as if you were inposing on the staff!
Some of the evening meals were nice, others were not. The veg were all boiled to death and the fish and chips was swimming in grease.
The evening entertainment was pretty good especially the star from Emmerdale, however the bar staff were totally unaware of the needs of the client group and were not patient with customers when they had a communication problem.
The area was run down and shabby, and to be honest, our hearts sank when we pulled up at the hotel, it was not what I was expecting. The staff were wearing t-shirts describing the hotel as "award winning", I wonder what the award was for?
Two of our party who were sharing a room had a visit in the night from a member of staff who just walked in without knocking to fiddle with the heating controls.
I would never go there again, I feel that the hotel are making money from people who just can'tt complain, just because people have disabilities it doesn't mean they wouldn't like a little bit of pampering once in a while. Whilst the hotel was in desperate need of a makeover, the owner was driving around in a shiny silver jag!

• Stayed March 2011
7 Thank La1ney
Derby
Reviewed 7 December 2010

I would ask anyone who reads this report to read it completely, since our visit to The Bond Hotel, in Blackpool was eye opening to say the least.
My wife won a competition run by The Bond Hotel, Blackpool and Derby Carers Association. Both my wife and I, plus Tim, a young man of 25 who has severe learning difficulties, went along for a Friday to Monday weekend break.
Our immediate findings were that the hotel looked tired both inside and out. This was definitely not a hotel for my wife and myself and might I say, the usual Blackpool holiday tourist. So would I recommend it to anyone or go back again? No, I wouldn’t or would I?
This hotel is a specialised hotel, totally geared up for the severely disabled and the elderly, all of which were being cared for. It was both a pleasant and revealing eye opener, in seeing so many less unfortunate people than ourselves, enjoying both a change of environment but also interacting with total strangers. I had the privilege of meeting several of these people, especially Nick from Worksop, Kerry from Northampton, Kim from London and Keith from Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, plus many, many more.
It was abundantly clear that the staff at the hotel tried extremely hard to work as close as they could with carers. The carers themselves dressing up as, “Mrs Santa Claus” in one instance and arranging an excellent carol singing session with some of the more senior residents.
Whilst mentioning entertainment, which was run nightly with different artists and compared by John Paul, it was noted without exception that each artist interacted with each guest without exception. An extremely nice touch and very much welcomed by all of the ‘special guests’.
Food was basic, but sufficient. I did hear that the kitchen would go out of their way should a specialised diet be requested. Nice touch!
I did some digging into why the staff were so great in what they did, many of them doubling up doing several jobs so the hotel could run efficiently, yet the hotel being so dank. I was clearly informed that the hotel itself was planned for demolition and new plans passed for the erection of a new hotel on the same ground. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on the way you look at it, bookings for the existing hotel go well into the New Year, so you could say, it’s a victim of its own success.
One word of definite warning. Avoid using the hotels associated coach company. We booked two trips with them that came to an astounding £44-00. A third of this could have been saved going by taxi, wheelchair and all. Concessions weren’t mentioned when we booked through reception for Sea Life. We managed to get our young man in for free showing with the appropriate documentation.
Would we go again, most definitely. Our young man enjoyed every second of it and so will you if you care for someone, no matter what their need or disability.
Well done to everyone involved with this hotel in making it what it is.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank contactbreaker
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2010

we were picked up by the transport section which turned up late leading to us getting to the hotel at 5.30 evening meal was then rushed due to alloted times of meals, we were told if we were not down for evening meal before 6 that there would only be cold food that could be provided due to the severity of disablement are service user had this would not be approprate. when we eventually booked in at the establishment we found staff to be unhelpful and misserable. cleanliness of the hotel in general dirty and smelly it actually smelt of dried urine. i felt very concerned on our stay there was a young girl aprox age between 10 and 13 entering the kitchen area and collecting glasses from tables. on the concerns of kitchen area it appeared any of the staff was allowed in to the main kitchen this included front of house workers maitance workers ect. i was also very concerned to see that staff were serving care staff looking after vunerable adults alcoholic beverages management was actually sat at side of the bar and didnt seem to mind this infact it seemed to be encouraged,

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank amanda5678
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Two of my staff and a resident visited the hotel in Blackpool. It was shabby, run down and basic. The bedrooms were tired and some of the areas did not smell very clean. The meals were adequate. Some of the staff were very friendly others were not.
This could be so much better with the right management/staff. Our resident enjoyed it that was the main thing!

Two staff and one resident also went to the other Bond Hotel in Lytham St Annes they found this a whole lot different! newer, cleaner, fresher! It also has a swimming pool!
Again our resident enjoyed his stay. the entertainment was good at both venues.

• Stayed August 2010
Westgate-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I travelled to the Bond Hotel with residents and colleagues who i worked with, It was a long journey for us as we travelled from the South east all the way to Black pool...This hotel is said to be to be for the "disabled" so we had hight expectations!

On arriving at the Hotel there was a faint smell of urine and a strong smell of cabbage having been cooked in an old tin pot.

We arrived at 17.40 in a panic as the window for the evening meal is "between 17,00 and 18.00" We rushed in, dropped our bags and hurried down to dinner...

The dining room looked pleasant and busy which we were pleased to see as we were told if we were late for dinner we would have to do with sandwiches! Some one came and ordered our meals [8 of us] on returning with them they had bought out the completely wrong meals and put them down, I questioned the waiter what had happened and asked him to bring them back and to bring the correct meals out..there seemed to be a lack of communication and another waiter came over to me and proceeded to blame me for the mix up and to NOT NOT RETURN THE MEALS BACK TO THE KITCHEN NEXT TIME, he was rude and pointing his finger to our residents who were getting worried as they thought they were being blamed, [these guys have learning disabilities] the whole meal situation was a mess and the way it was all served was like a school canteen the food that evening was very poor too.
Breakfast the next morning was the same situation, all muddled up waiters/waitresses rolling their eyes because they couldn't understand what our residents were saying! the food choice was limited Orange juice or cereal! 1 slice of toast unless you ask! They provided a fried breakfast which was very nice.

we spent all day out of the hotel and the evening entertainment was second to none our residents enjoyed it so much, the bar staff weren't very friendly they were huffing and eye rolling because our residents were slow at asking and paying for there drinks

The bedrooms were of very low quality, my sliding door did not close properly so my resident i share my room with had to use the toilet with the door half open! the shower was grubby. My bed had a plastic cover which made me sweat terribly, i couldn't open my window because there were people underneath my window outside talking until 2am smoking! this woke me up on 3 night out of 5!!

The people on reception were very nice to us and very accommodating can't complain about them at all especially the woman.
The parking is limited...as its a disabled hotel this needs looking at as it posed a problem to us we were "locked in" a few times.
i am now working with other people with L/D and would not return to this hotel!

• Stayed May 2010
5 Thank Michelle W
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2010

just 23 days before we return with 6 service users to the fantastic bond! everybody excited and cant wait for the fun to begin(guaranteed fun on our 4 past visits!!) cant praise the staff and manager enough!

• Stayed November 2008