“Most enjoyable”
Review of Bond Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blackpool
Bond Hotel
Ranked #47 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Just home from a great week's holiday in the Bond Hotel...The staff are great, nothing's too much trouble.My mum & i met some lovely people, staff and guests..the food was great...chef Mike & restaurant Manager Carol great people, really good fun..The Entertainment is first class..looking forward to going back again..Thanks again folks..

• Stayed: August 2012
BondHolidays, Manager at Bond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear Fiona,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at the Bond Hotel. I have passed your lovely comments to our team, including Carol & Mike. They all work incredibly hard to ensure our guests have everything they need during their time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Bond Hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for Bond Hotel

Reviewed 13 August 2012

This was our first time to Blackpool and choose this hotel because it catered for my daughters needs. The hotel and service is all dedicated to the disabled persion and not their carers. When booking I requested a profiling bed and hoist which was in our room. The profiling bed was comfortable, not so the single beds for us. I then realised I needed a fridge which they prompty supplied. The Bond is called a hotel but it does have the feeling of a care home which for thoses travelling alone will give them some comfort and I witnessed how the staff supported them especially in the dining room. The best thing about this hotel is the dining experience. From arrival you are allocated a table which is yours throughout. It has a buffet style delivery which suited us but heard previously it used to be waitress service. They ensure you have tea or coffee delivered to your table. The daily menu is available to view along with the whole weeks so you know what to expect. Some items are not always out on display, ie vegetarian options, but this is because to make sure the true vegetarians do get their choices. There are 3 choices off each course that are very fulfilling and they do not make you feel greedy. My daughter who generally eats very little had a feast each evening without feeling all eyes are watching you when she dribbles or makes a mess with her food. The catering staff are also on hand and constantly removing plates that are finished with. This experience was very relaxing with plenty of space to manouvre a wheelchair. Having spent the day visiting various attractions, we returned to a hearty evening meal. Because my daughter was so tired from the sea air a gentle walk along the sea front was enough to walk off the meal and then return and settled in for the evening. Every night in the main hall there was 2 singers to entertain you. We didn't always get to see their full act as we were caring for our daughter and I choose to remain in our room, listening to the tv but would occassionally pop down for 5 minute view on the act whilst my husband made his way to the bar and would feedback to us. I enjoyed Nicola, the scottish lady singer as she mingled with the guests, got them up dancing and involved. She even allowed a disablrd guest complete a duet with her! All the acts were appreciated by their audience. All guests soon became familiar with each other and no-one got looked down upon or made to feel uncomfortable because of their disability. Overall, we enjoyed our holiday because the holiday was booked around our daughters needs. We choose to travel by our own car but if we did not, they had daily trips available which was wheelchair accessible.
Final review outcome: Postives are staff constantly available and can't do enough for you, equipment supplied to suit our needs, good location, excellent dining experience (compliments to the chef)
Negatives with some suggestions - The whole place could do with some money investing into it to give it a revamp. This really shows when you visit their sister hotel in St Annes. Removing carpet and replacing with wooden flooring would make it easier with wheelchairs. To give it the hotel feeling a welcome guest meeting would help. This would break the ice amongst guests to start making friends and be informative about how the hotel runs ie meal times, who's on, places to visit etc. The only negative I have is the fire alarm which seem to go off more than once on a false alarm. How staff react to this situation should be reviewed. Moving disabled guests in an emergency is difficult and you need to have drills and procedures in place but when you hear the fire alarm go off more than 3-4 times you start to get used to it and think its another false alarm therefore not move. This is not good because the 5th time could be the real fire!
Tips for wheelchair users visiting attractions: Wax works covers 5 floors but only has a small lift. Wheelchairs can go all the way to the viewing platform in the tower but they have an additional 2 floors only accessible by spiral staircase. The boardroom fully wheelchair accessible even if their direct public entrance lift is not working. Staff happy to take you through the staff areas. The dungeon has no stairs but there is a final small ride that is not available to wheelchair users. This does not affect the whole experience. Do not pay the extra for a wheelchair user to go on the rides in the pleasurebeach unless they can get out off their chair. The only ride available to take the wheelchair onto is the trainride which is free. You still have to pay a £5 entrance fee but there was lots to watch especially other people looking queezy. No wheelchair access at all to the believe it or not experience. The entrance has a large high ramp but it is set over 2 floors.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie P

Dear Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay here at the Bond Hotel. It was a pleasure to meet you during your stay. We have taken note of all of your comments and we will be discussing them all with the various members of our team. From all of the staff here at the hotel we hope to welcome you again in the future with your daughter.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I have just return from the Bond Hotel with my disabled brother and mother, I would have say this is the worse stay I had. The management need to check rooms as I had to complain about a bed not being changed and also I got woke up at half three in the morning due to guest tv.

2  Thank Sandybabes75

Dear Sandy

I apologise that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Thank you for your feedback. It’s only with feedback such as yours that we can get better and better. So we appreciate you helping us improve. I certainly regret that we didn’t meet your expectations and we did discuss your concerns over your room with the housekeeping team who had a few new members that had just started work during your stay. Unfortunately there is not a lot we can do about guests who watch TV at 3am, if we were made aware of the problem we would have dealt with it for you. Please accept our apologies that we did not provide the experience that we would have wished to during your stay. Thanks for taking the time to write your review – we do appreciate all feedback here, good or bad, as we strive to provide the best value for our guests.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

On arrival we had tea and coffee in the bar area and then shown where we were sitting for our meals. After we sat for 3 hours before our room was ready.They didn't provide what was requested. We ordered a twin room and a single room with an adjoining door.The room we were given was a triple which meant it had twin beds but also a bed for the service user with a dividing curtain. There were no towels provided it was smelly, the toilet was a chemical toilet which leaked every time it was flushed. We had to ask for a hoist and every time we went out they would come in and take it away. This meant we were on a scavenger hunt all the time. We asked for towels but was told there wasn't any all the dirty linen was in bags in the court yard. By the next morning we demanded to be moved this was done but not until 6pm. The same night they were decorating and paimting telling people to watch the walls. This isn't easy when pushing a wheelchair through narrow corridors. The main reception and corridor leading to the bar area was being steam cleaned at a time when people were coming in and out. When we complained the manageress was sat near by and never responded to anything that was said. We will not be recommending this hotel to anyone disabled or able bodied.

3  Thank cazel

Dear Cazel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Bond Hotel, whether we receive positive or negative feedback this helps us to ensure that any issues that took place during your stay will be rectified and won't happen again. We constantly strive to ensure our guests have the best holidays we can provide and I am sorry to hear that on this occassion we have failed to provide the experience you expected. Due to the problems that you experienced here at the hotel we did transfer your party to our sister hotel, due to the fact we were fully booked during your stay, which I understand from our staff you enjoyed. On one occassion during your stay we did have to use the hoist that we provided for you to assist with an emergency that took place with another guest and it was replaced as soon as possible for you. Due to the nature of our hotel and the number of wheelchair users that travel along our corridors we do regularly paint the corridors due to damage or marks that are made but we always ensure this takes place at a time of day when it least affects our guests. I apologise if this caused you problems and we have discussed this with our staff. I hope that you may consider returning to the Bond Hotel in the future to allow us to provide the level of customer service we strive for with every guest.

Bond Management Team

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I was warned prior to going to the bond hotel that it needed updating but was surprised when I got there how much it needed to be. The rooms were not as accessible as had been made out to be. There was a problem with hot running water in the room meaning I was unable to shower the person I was supporting for the majority of the stay. Toilet did not flush properly and windows and light fittings rather dirty. Lift was much smaller than expected and difficult to use with a wheelchair.

Staff were very nice especially in the dinning room. The entertainment was very good and there was a lovely friendly atmosphere and it was very inclusive. Could do with some activities in the day if weather is bad as not a lot around the hotel to do especially during bad weather.

This hotel has alot of potential but needs a lot of investment and updating. Due to the condition of the rooms and the facilities it was not value for money. I'm sad to say that it is not likely that we would stay at this hotel again for health and safety reasons unless updated.

3  Thank katty8585

Dear Katty,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at the Bond Hotel. Whether our reviews are positive or negative we take every comment on board so we can strive to provide the best possible breaks for our guests.

We have been in the process of updating our bathrooms, the rooms that you stayed in were updated to ensure that the problems with your hot water and toilet did not happen again.

I do hope that in the future we may be able to welcome you again at the hotel to provide you with the level of service we strive for.

Bond Management Team

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Where do I start, never been away with my wife before because of her complex needs. I started listing what I would need the hotel to provide, hoist profile bed Transair mattress, wet room, when I rang to book nothing was too much and my requests I now know are run of the mill for the staff.
Yes the room was marked but it was clean (46 ground floor) and requests for extra bedding, towels a bowl all appeared with no fuss.

Entertainment the acts we saw were all first class and were obviously used to involving the disabled guests it was a joy to be a part of the company not to mention humbling to see the way the young and not so young put the able bodied to shame and lets not forget it is for them. Friends were made and I was moved with some of the partings on the morning of departure.

Food a very wide selection of choices. Breakfast was always hot and fresh no eggs in fat curling at the edges. Dinner was soup a choice of three main courses and a choice of deserts. If this wasn't to your liking reasonable notice would ensure that an alternative was found. The weeks menus are on display so there is no excuse for not finding something to your liking.It was so apparent the pride Chef Steve took in his work.

Finally the icing on the cake of this hotel all the staff from the highest to the lowest they did not need to be told the guest are important they all made you feel very special, it would be remiss ifI did not give special mention to the engine room of this well oiled team and her name is Carol incidentally the better half or so she says of the Chef. A very special lady running a very special team Thank you all.

The actual cost of the three day themed weekend was really good value and from a personal view seeing the smile on my wife's face and hher trying to sing along and even managing the odd word was worth every penny. This hotel is for disabled and carers/family and in my opinion do an excellent job in ensuring the less mobile are fully involved and leave with happy memories and new friends.

Well done The Bond.

Room Tip: If you tend to retire early tell them this some rooms near the entertainment can hear the music clea...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David F

Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Bond Hotel, we have passed all of your comments accross to our staff who all work incredibly hard to ensure our guests do come first here at the Bond. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future to enjoy another break here in Blackpool.

Bond Hotel Management Team

Reviewed 4 July 2012

My review is personal for this hotel ! I have recently been there supporting someone . I was sooo impressed I wanted to review it .

Room Tip: The facilities at this hotel were excellent for I needed . Staff were superb espically resturant t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank marie24369
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and room tip on your return home. All of the staff at the Bond Hotel are very proud of the service that they provide and I will pass your positive comments over to Carol, Mike and Chantelle. Our carers only weekends are a lot of fun, we appreciate how hard you work during your time away with the people that you support and we plan quite a few surprises for the carers who wish to join us. It has been a pleasure to have you at the Bond Hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Bond Holidays