“our 1st stay at the Bond hotel in Blackpool”
Review of Bond Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blackpool
Bond Hotel
Ranked #47 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Halifax, United Kingdom
“our 1st stay at the Bond hotel in Blackpool”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

With a little nervousness, I booked 3 nights at the Bond, with my 2 Angels, Christine & Christine.........my carers. It was to be my first holiday without my hard worked husband, as he stayed at home to re-do my wet room floor!

This hotel is only 1 of 2 I could find which would accommodate me and my requirements as a full time wheelchair user. I chose the Bond, as it had all the same equipment I have at home ie

ceiling hoist, wheel in shower chair, commode, electric profiling bed and fine cotton sheets.

The welcome we received was genuine and caring. Our triple bedroom was a little lacking in the storage department, but we coped.

The evening entertainment kept us singing, laughing and for those that could, dancing too. The acts asked where we were all from and mentioned us by name and town, to which we all cheered.

The food? Well my friends, let me tell you, it was first class........all freshly cooked and we were given the choice of waitress service or self serivce.

Some of our fellow guests needed the former, so we were happy to see to ourselves.

The guests` health issues were wide and diverse, but everyone relaxed and felt they had a right to do whatever they wanted, without being looked at or teased in any way. We could just be ourselves.

We made new friends and had a wonderful time.

Will we return? You bet we will!

The 2 Christines and Polly from Halifax.

Room Tip: we were on 2nd floor, but the lift was great. A quiet hotel at night.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Pauline B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We went to the Bond Hotel with my handicapped sister. This is the 5th or 6th time we have used this hotel and we find the staff and food excellent. they put on excellent cabaret and all the "stars" take time to get to know all the handicapped guests and include them in the shows. i would recommend this hotel to anyone who looks after disabled people or family members who need a break. They also put on daytrips to different places, which we have regularly gone on. the drivers also are polite and are well trained in all aspects of their job

Room Tip: when booking make sure you tell the staff what assistance you need i.e commode, hoist etc
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Toni B
newcastle tyne and wear
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We arrived at this hotel and were lead straight into our rooms..they were very basic but very well catered for disabled and this is what this hotel is all about..the staff will do anything to help you and are friendly they do assist you if you need it..they now run a self service at meal times which is better than waiting on waiter service,and the chefs cooking is top notch everything was spot on I thoroughly enjoyed everything there was to offer...but may I add the down side of the hotel is the cleanliness,there was dust everywhere ..behind the radiators the carpets could of done with being vacuumed every day,under my bed I found a red serviette which was left by previous clients my bedroom smelt foisty as did the other 3 rooms we had the cleaner did come and put some strong overpowering disinfectant down the toilet but it masked the smell for a while. They really need to get it sorted it is seriously lacking a good paint job nearly all the doors are marked with scratches..the net curtains could do with being renewed and the windows cleaned on a regular basis...there is a hospitality tray and we only got biscuits on the first day and none thereafter..also the soft chairs downstairs have a strong smell of urine...I really think a good overa ll of there cleaning and staff need to happen to get this hotel up to scratch with cleanliness....

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank gypsy774
sheffield england
Reviewed 19 April 2013

This was our first time at this hotel,chosen because of my disabilities.We were a little nervous as to what we would find..We neednt have worried we had a really good time..The staff were friendly and extremelly caring, some of the nicest people we have met.The food was very good and a good choice was available.Considering this was a quite week in the hotel the atmosphere was excellent and the artiste booked in the evening worked hard to add to this.A special mention to Graham one of the reception staff,a happy go lucky cheeky chappie.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chadders099
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Just home from the Bond Hotel with one of my customers. First time staying here. Had a great few days. All the staff were very friendly, helpful and made us both feel very welcome. All the mobility equipment there that we would use at home, plenty of space in the bedroom to move a wheelchair about. Well catered for people with mobility issues. The food was great, good selection on the menu each day. The live cabaret each night was good. We were there for the Adele tribute night which was fantastic, thoroughly enjoyed by both of us. Overall a good break away. Would definitely recommend The Bond Hotel. Thanks guys

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Chars15
Somerby, rutland , United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Took our client for a weekend break, this was our first time visit.. we all had a wonderful time..atmosphere very friendly..staff couldn't do enough for us...entertainment excellent.. and the food was amazing..would recommend highly.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Sally H
Reviewed 10 April 2013

One very happy customer , I have stayed at The Bond four times now and each time I've been very impressed with the service always welcomed by the very friendly Graham .The hotel is clean and bar prices are very reasonably .Entertainment is very good ,everyone has a good nite at The Bond . The food is excellent ,and served by lovely staff . 20/20 keep up the good work ,looking forward to my next stay at The Bond .Highly Recommended :-) .Many Thanks to the staff see you soon

• Stayed March 2013