“Excellent Place to Stay”
Review of Rutland Hotel

Rutland Hotel
Ranked #101 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent Place to Stay”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

It was a Excellent place to stay. The rooms were lovely and clean and the sea view was fantastic. The owners and Staff were friendly and welcoming and there was a really relaxed atmosphere in the hotel. The breakfast was yummy and the kids had a great time. Couldn't fault the hotel at all. I would definitely go and stay again. :-)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dawne999

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Stonnall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Did we arrive here at a bad time? I have read about the great food and perfect hosts but that is not what we experienced during our recent 3 night stay. No evening meals as Kay told us they only cook if minimum of 6 people were dining as it was not in their financial interests to cook. I requested a poached egg for breakfast one morning and was told they could not cook a poached egg because of health and safety reasons. The cornflakes were a tupperware of dust. I asked if we could change our room and was told this was not possible as they did not want to disappoint any regulars who may book in, Our towels were not changed despite the visitor book saying that towels were changed every other day. I spoke to Kay about my disappointment only to be told that she would try to provide a better room next time.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank annie1448477
, Owner at Rutland Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear Mrs Berwick,

So disappointed to read your damming review of your short stay with us.

Firstly can I address the requests that you made with the booking agency you booked with, Low floor (elderly person with walking difficulties) and Reserved car parking which may I add we supplied both.

Secondly, evening meals are not available to book with Eviivo.com, booked direct with us then we welcome dinner reservations. We are a guest house and not a hotel!

Thirdly, we have a extensive breakfast menu which does not include poached eggs as for the cereal choice we offer 5 in total and cannot help the last cornflakes of the packet not being wholesome the waitress would of been quite happy to fill the container for your if you had only asked or myself as I am always about.

Fourthly, you did ask to be moved to a bigger room after breakfast the next morning, larger rooms were available when you booked in February but as I explained all our large sea view rooms get taken really quick by guests who book direct with the hotel on a first come first serve basis, I certainly do not save them in case a regular guests books as per what you stated

Lastly the towels as stated in the welcome can be placed in the shower at anytime or ask and the cleaner will be only too happy to change them for you .Yes you did express your disappointment at not being able to book a evening meal especially with the needs of your elderly mother and the weather being as it was. I explained that if you booked direct with the hotel you could make your requests i.e low floor, car parking, sea view, large room, ect and I would do my best to meet them for you.

On reflection I think your party would be better suited to a larger hotel (not guest house ) who could offer more to meet your needs i.e lift, lunch, poached eggs ect.We hope you had a safe journey home and you find somewhere more suitable for you next visit.

P.S I feel your review is very harsh and unfair Terrible is a very strong word.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Stayed at the Rutland a few times now, to be honest wouldnt stay anywhere else when in blackpool.As always Kay and Adrian are the perfect hosts, cannot do enough for you,the staff also are very welcoming.The rooms are lovely and clean. The food is all home cooked and very very good, compliments to the chef, !!. Great to sit and chill with a beer overlooking the sea, Just a short tram ride and you are in the centre of blackpool,
A great clean hotel, with perfect hosts, who always make you feel welcome, great food, what more could you ask for, !!
If you visit blackpool book this hotel you will not be disappointed,
Thankyou Adrian, Kay, and staff, see you soon.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank BEKY
Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Both my husband and myself are just on our way home from a great, relaxing week at the Rutland Hotel, lovely people are Kay, Adrian and staff who are so helpful as we have stayed in a few hotels over the years, with not so friendly attitudes!!! Kay and Adrian have a lovely place and deserve credit where it is due, we would recommend this hotel, short or long stays

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank elaine474780
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This really is the only place to stay in Blackpool. Adrian and Kay are the perfect hosts, and always make you feel welcome. Excellent food, rooms, and facilities, and plenty of hot water 24 hours a day. For the location and what you get for your money, it really is the perfect base to visit Blackpool from. I just need to improve my pool playing by next time, as I am getting fed up with Adrian beating me! :-)

Room Tip: Room either face the town or the sea. If a sea view is a must, they will do what they can to accomod...