“Hidden Gem”

Ranked #281 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Well, what can I say about this place?

For starters, it is beautifully clean and very well maintained. The family who own it are truly wonderful and for the first time in years I felt like a true guest.

I paid 25.00 per night bed and breakfast and feel this is excellent value. I was helped with my heavy bags on arrival, and was informed on how to work everything in the room. The breakfast was to die for and I especially recommend the Mushrooms.

This is how service should be - and it's literally next door to the Queens Promenade and Tram Stops etc.

I will be back. Thank you for a terrific stay!

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank lifeisaflower

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 24 September 2012

we found the hotel deserted.Had to ring bell to get access to bar which was always closed. When we did get a drink the owner felt the need to bring his laptop through and play a very disturbing video of animals being beaten slaughtered hung and Shot! Our TEN YEAR OLD DAUGHTER was present and was deeply affected by this. Disgusting! We will NEVER be back! shocking. Not a good place for children¡

• Stayed September 2012
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2012

just returned from a long weekend in blackpool, found this hotel last minute not really knowing what to expect but what a bargain we had absolutely fantastic little place, short tram ride from all the hustle and bustle making it nice and quiet throughout the nights, room was a perfect size for 2 adults and 3 kids with daily keeping of the room towels tea, coffee, cleaning etc. beds were very comfortable, breakfast well i wish my wife would feed me like this. very friendly nothing to much trouble at all,. when we go again will not look anywhere else.

Room Tip: 2 adults 3 kids stayed in room 18
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank sian f
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2012

The place was a cozy little spot, a couple of miles away from the main attractions. In a summery day, the distance would make the walk along the beach a memorable one. The staff, however few, were amazingly friendly and welcoming. The room with no view, was cozy, spotlessly clean, and a nice place to sleep and re-charge up your batteries! If we plan to pay Blackpool another visit sometime soon, Highfield Hotel would be our spot for sure.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shaw2360
Hull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2011

we booked a last minute break at highfield hotel blackpool at first i was unsure when we got there your made to feel very welcome into there family accommodation rooms clean and tidy but small and wallpaper 1970s but overall very pleased with the service breakfast was amazing and beds where very comfortable great value for money.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Grant A
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We have just returned from a weekend stay in Blackpool 30/9-2/10, I stumbled across this b & b at very short notice and quite frankly didn't expect a lot. I was very pleasantly surprised to find this little guest house situated at the North end of Blackpool. We stayed in room 18, 2 adults and 3 children, the room was spotlessly clean and bathroom was immaculate, we couldn't be more happy, (we booked a trip a few years ago, checked in then out straight away at a different hotel) therefore we were very happy here. The owners were very friendly and the breakfast was delicious. I would highly recommend this place for a weekend getaway, great value for money.

Room Tip: Room 18 had a flat screen tv on the wall, i noticed not all rooms had these, we don't watch a lo...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Emma T
Scotland
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Travelling to visit my family I needed a hotel that was reasonably priced, clean and friendly. As I am on a budget this Hotel suited my needs.
The owners were very friendly, and on arrival I was given a most welcome cup of tea by a very pleasant young man - possibly their son.
I was only charged £25 per night which was excellent value for money.
Parking was the only dificulty, as there was a George Formby convention on locally and finding a space was tricky. However the Sunday evening there was no trouble at all.
I would definately stay there again!
Thanks for your kindness.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family