“Tired out!”
Review of Savoy Hotel

Savoy Hotel
Ranked #67 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 27 January 2014

What a shame this beautiful old building has not been given a little TLC to maintain its former glory. The hotel is tired out, the windows and sills are rotting and are in desperate need of replacement, with the rain and wind the curtains were blowing in our room! The bar area was exceptionally cold due to the ill fitting windows. Our room was dated, the furniture and fittings certainly not from this decade (or the last 3 either!) But aside from the furnishings this hotel has a major cleanliness problem. Dust was present everywhere and the crockery at breakfast was far from sparkling. The food was a throw back to an old school dinner, just about edible but certainly not something you would wish to repeat in a hurry. I would seriously question the no smoking signage in the hotel too as there was definitely a stench of smoke throughout the first floor. The web site says the hotel has recently undergone refurbishment but we saw no evidence of this in any of the areas we used.
The redeeming factor was the friendliness of the staff who are sadly fighting a loosing battle to maintain any standards in this sad,tired hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Charlsg

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I booked this for my mums 60th birthday as a special trip. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. The bedding was dirty from previous guests, with some questionable white substance in the comforter/ blanket, the bathroom was dirty and needed a good clean, as well as dust and grime on all the furniture. I explained to the receptionist who said some one would clean, but then she put me on to the manager when I said I wasn't happy, he arranged for someone to clean, when I commented it would take more than a quick clean he wanted to know when we were going out as they would properly clean it when we were out!!! The beds appeared to have been changed on our return and at least now we had more than one towel, but the dust and the rest of the grime remained. As it was late and I had young children we ended up staying. Any other time I would have left, if I had wanted a dirty back street bed and breakfast that's what I would have booked, don't know where the photo from this page is from but definitely not the hotel I stayed at. This hotel definitely spoiled our trip, what should have been a treat ended up more a disaster.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank mrsrip
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Do not stay in this hotel it is very dirty and the food is terrible. We had a double room on the third floor you could not walk anywhere without the floor creaking and the shower was full of mould and the walls had lots of dirty marks. We met some friends in the bar and was served with dirty glasses and the breakfast isn't worth getting up for. When my friend said she had booked us in the savoy hotel I thought we had a nice hotel not the worst in Blackpool

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I found myself in Blackpool, tired and exhausted after a full day of meetings. I was going to travel back to London but couldn't face the drive so booked in to The Savoy. I mean, it's the Savoy right? but in Blackpool. Anyway, the room was lovely, recently done up (see photo!) and at £65 a night a very good price. The staff were excellent too. Well done Peter and Umberta!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Booked at the savoy on whim for last Saturday night as the price seemed great value at £45 per room including breakfast. This is one of the old once grand hotels of Blackpool's North shore which although a little tired at the edges I still thought was a reasonable place to stay. Room was clean apart from a few tea stains on the floor around the refreshment table but other than that I thought it was well worth the money, nice big room very warm which was good in January and ideal for a night or two in the Las Vegas of the North. Self service Breakfast had a good choice and all was well cooked, especially liked the nice thick bacon however dining room did get very busy just after we sat down so I think we timed it just right.. I thought the hotel was reasonable value at £45 but dont think I would pay much more having stayed and experienced the level it as at maybe £50, £55 at a push. We did not have a sea view room which I think are more expensive

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sajayne
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Husband and I stayed 11th January. Booked a double room but were given a twin room instead, so had to get that changed. The room we stayed in was too hot but the thermostats on the radiators did not work so we opened windows instead! Windows by the way were dirty - inside as well as out. The bathroom had black mould, particularly around the bath and the windows. The white wall tiles hadn't been cleaned either. Pretty disgusting to say the least! The floor boards in the room above creaked so every time its residents moved around we were disturbed by the racket so we didn't manage to sleep very well. The breakfast was ok but of quite poor quality food -a lot of tinned stuff, cheap cereals and no coffee. The dining room was not clean enough there was dust everywhere. Also the hotel charges £2 for a credit card payment and 50p for a visa card payment. Pathetic! Overall a shabby, none too clean hotel whose web site is very misleading.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Norma470
Reviewed 12 January 2014

NEVER AGAIN! We got to the hotel and it seemed very nice until we got to the bedroom the first thing we did was go to the loo and found a whole in the floor covered by the carpet the heating is on constant and when you turn the heater off the pipes just kick more heat out!

UPDATE YOUR PHOTOS! AND GIVE THE HOTEL A REFERBISH!!

Room Tip: AVOID!!! never again!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family