Savoy Hotel
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Doric Hotel(Blackpool)
2,253 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2014

worst hotel ever been to rooms dirty carpet stained and thred bair mold in shower cubical bedding yellow stains on it window taped up with black tape and would not open it is a disgrace for a hotel would stay well clear from this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank paulandelaine41
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife and I joined friends at an Irish Country Music weekend on the 21st to 23rd February. To be fair after reading some of the comments on this site we were a little apprehensive. It is clear that the hotel could do with having money spent on it and the room we had was very basic and showed signs of wear and tear. That said it was clean and comfortable and we enjoyed two good nights sleep in it. I'm not sure if as a cost measure they have a policy of not ironing the pillows and quilt as initially they gave the appearance of being not changed from the previous guests. Closer examination showed that they were in fact clean and smelt fresh but just did not look the part.

The hotel staff where brilliant and the food provided at the hotel was excellent and they gave their guests plenty of it. The prices at the bar was pegged at £2.50 a pint and was really good value.

What we paid for the hotel and with all that entertainment represented excellent value for money so much so we had no hesitation in having booked again for next year.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brian0727
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Booked a room to stay the night for a time out from home life, on checking in was given a smokers room that stank like an old ashtray, I complained and was moved to a none smoking room, that was the start of the dirty filthy night, the bedroom window was stuffed all the way round with screwed up toilet roll to stop the draft, a hole in the wall was stuffed with a rolled up towel, the chairs in the room was stained, the dust on the lamps had been there for months not days, all handles on windows was broken or missing, bathroom pipes were not cleaned, the draws dirty and stained, on complaining the following morning on check out the woman on reception did not seem to to be bothered, and just said put it in righting, on returning home I emailed the manager phill croft and rang him, had to get them to ring me back, and yes you guessed, no email back and no phone call, having said that, we was not the only people not happy so it could take him a long time to get to out complaint, this hotel in my opinion should not carry the name of SAVOY, it should be called THE PITS,

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anthony M
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My reservation was for a suite, hoping to spoil ourselves after a hard few months renovating our house.
We were given room 206. Before going to the room I learned that it was a smoking room, so was a little doubtful, but thought I would check the room anyway. Going through the fire doors on the second floor we were met with a stinking smokey atmosphere. We had trouble with the key card but finally accessed the room.
It is certainly large, separate lounge and bedroom but I can say that this was the biggest disappointment that we have ever had with any hotel room. What a dismal example, completetely devoid of decoration or colour, pictures or any sign of comfort, bare stained tables, no blind or curtain in the bathroom, an absolute shock. We were upset.
Going back to reception I actually asked if she was expecting us to decorate the room or what? We would not stay there.
Luckily she managed to move us to the Metropole which was much much better.

I should also point out that the hotel had two floors designated as smoking and there were definitely serious smokers in those rooms. I thought that smoking was banned from ALL hotel rooms.

Room Tip: Hotel has TWO floors for SMOKERS - Suites are rubbish
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DOS1Qatar
Reviewed 7 March 2014

we booked kind of last minute from fri -sun last weekend,and paid only £64 for both of us for 2 nights B&B ,now I'm not sure what kind of place people are expecting if only paying £16 each a night and getting your breakfast.We were in room 324 which was clean ,a wee tiny bit of broken sealent in the shower room but it didn't stop us using the facilities.The hotel is realy warm and although our window didn't have a view it was frosted glass so at least the light was getting in but we never had to look down at bins or whatever is at that end.The breakfast room had a variety of cereals,fresh fruit ,nice fresh bread to slice to whatever thickness you want,and then there was mushrooms ,eggs,sausages,bacon,hash brows,tomatoes,fried bread and toast ,fresh fruit juices and tea/coffee.Evening entertainment was an old guy playing keyboard and singing,he was that bad but was still good ,lol people sang along to him playing a good variety of popular tunes and enjoyed our night with a few drinks.....I found the bed to be very lumpy and the mattress was a bit ripped but they had a mattress cover then sheets over it which were spotless,but it was only for 2 nights so didn't complain .Most of the people I spoke to had concerns after seeing some of the reviews on here but all have said the same as us,if we were looking for another cheap weekend to Blackpool again we would go back to the savoy,the staff were all very pleasant and were always cheerie in the mornings .The furniture in our room was old fashioned but we liked it.Yes they could do with a good paint job getting done but we were down for the weekend to get out and about not to stay in our room looking at the paintwork round the windows etc.As I said we would go back...oh meant to add that we were in a non smoking room but could sometimes smell smoke,thats not the hotels fault thats because of guests who have no consideration for others and think they can smoke where ever they like,even in their room with a window open ,don't they realise other people can still smell it...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple