“Disgraceful”

Ranked #69 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Lancashire
“Disgraceful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

My 3 friends arrived at the savoy on Monday 12.05.14 3 ladies 2 x 80+ and one lady 90+, the rooms were a disgrace and the food was horrible, the food was self service which is difficult when also having a walking stick and not one member of staff offered to help. they say everything was dirty and no one came in to their rooms at all to tidy up or make the beds for them. On booking they were told there was entertainment, but there wasnt any. Needless to say these ladies will NOT be returning to this hovel!

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

Please accept my apologies for those aspects of your stay that you were un-happy with.

Your comments about the disappointing elements of your stay have been de-briefed with the appropriate personnel and corrective action taken as necessary. I have recently taken over management of the hotel, and I am going through all reviews, past and present, in order to highlight areas in need of improvement.

Operations Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
Preston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

How is this hotel still operating?? And why would any one stay here and go back!? The hotel is very tired and warn, it feels like it's been forgotten about and left in the 1950s. It's not retro it's just a dump! And I did not choose to stay here, Thomson airways put us up for the night because our flight got cancelled. By the way this is a review from just a average working class guy.

Operations Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Me and my wife went down to stop for the weekend cost us lastminute.com £78 the hotel looking a little tried and we had a window that wouldn't open but
A. what you expecting for the price
B. The staff and cleaners are great and very helpful
C. The room were clean and new towels etc everyday.
D. Bar was great priced
E. Great parking.
F.Breakfast amazzzzzzzzzzzzzing!!!!

Me (Jamie + Sarah) Loved every minute room 145 May 9-13

Bad points
A. does need updating a bit
B. Some windows needs changing

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jamie P
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived early where we saw mattresses been slid down the stairs - we checked in but advised to come back at 3 for room key - which was acceptable.

Got key went up to room - stench of Fags as the room was a Smoking Room? How is this even legal?

Frosted glass windows
2 cm dust accumulated on bedside lamps
Hard lumpy bed
One of the glasses in room dirty (lipstick...)
Loose Wiring (shown in pictures)
Old old old tv
TV remote not working
Room boiling hot yet radiator off
Open wooden rotten window
Black kitchen/restaurant roof + pipes
Unclean
No milk on tea / tray
No trouser press as advertised on website
Noisy seagulls & randy pigeons!!

On the plus side -

Jacuzzi bath.....!
They let us use car park after checking out

Visited this hotel before with national holidays and it was a nice hotel 3*, but now it cant possibly meet health & safety and legal requirements - i would grade it generously as a 2*.....

People there is a reason that lastminute.com gets you a night stay in this hotels executive room for £34 per night!

Brittania hotels group standards have gone down through the floor!

1 Thank nuckingfutz

Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and that was enough.
The hotel bar was freezing and stunk of cigarette smoke. The staff are friendly and helpful.
The room was a standard double which was very small, tired, shabby looking and dated. The windows didn't open in either the bedroom or the end suite.
The room was warm which was a bonus to downstairs in the bar.
The bed was small and was not a proper double bed but was comfy.
There was banging and crashing noises coming from an upper floor whilst sat in the bar and staff running around to investigate only to find out from a loud resident that at Reception he had found his mistress in bed with his best mate and had banged the door down off its hinges.
Definitely will not be returning to this hotel, could have found a B&B cheaper with better facilities and clientele!
Breakfast mediocre!
Would not recommend.

2 Thank Lily1401

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I am 50 years old and have never seen such a run down hotel in my life. We arrived and straight away you can tell that cleanliness is not next to godliness is not a expression the owners have heard. If anyone posts a review that says it is clean then trust me they themselves need to thinking about their own hygiene.

After given our room key we arrived back at reception to complain about the state of it such as, wallpaper falling off, dampness, dirty sheets, and unmade beds. Even the TV you would have to visit a museum to see other like them.

On complaining the receptionist sniggered and the manager refused to come out of his office, obviously to ashamed to come out of hist nest. We left and went to another hotel but my mother stayed to bear it out. I visited her after dinner and she told me it was awful, and she agreed never to come back.

It is a shame that these cowboys are traing on such a great British name as 'The Savoy'. They are pirates taking money form anyone staying here please please avoid at all costs, and just check the reviews over 90% are Terrible...wake up people do not give this crowd money.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs read reviews
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Angela F

Cornwall, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I booked 2 rooms B

I Booked 2 rooms in February 2nd as my fiancé and I were getting married on 25th April 2014.1room for us and 2nd for our friends and witnesses.I payed way over the odds (which I NOW KNOW)and after reading the reviews decided to have a look.also our friends had checked on tripadvisor and were not impressed.We went in February and asked to look at the rooms but were not allowed,told the receptionist that it was our wedding weekend so she said she would upgrade us and give us sea views,thought this would be ok.When we all arrived on the 24th April (booked in for 3 nights)and saw the rooms,we went down stairs to see if that was the upgrade as both rooms disgusting,filthy carpets all stained,wallpaper brown and stained and the bathrooms so old in both rooms that rust was all around the baths,dirty cracked tiles.After getting nowhere with the girl on reception we asked to see the manager only to be told she was the manager,also they had given us a piece of paper with complimentary bottle of champagne,which I thought was nice of them,only to be charged £21,when we queried this we were told it was so the bar staff new we had already paid at the reception.The "manager was rude unhelpful and obnoxious would not even listen to our comments,just kept saying you won't get anything off or free at our Hotel!!!This was the day before my wedding day so naturally I was very upset.On my Wedding day not 1 member of staff congratulated us.other guests did.During our stay we shared 3 bottles of wine plus the champagne and my husband found a card on the bar saying if purchased 3 bottles of wine you would receive one free,on asking the bar staff was told that we should have had it stamped as proof but as we were not told how could we!If it had not been for our friends and the Navy reunion our weekend would have been terrible.We only had breakfast and had 2 nights booked at other venues with shows and meals thank goodness.I suggest the staff go on a customer service training course and the Hotel needs a total revamp and renovation.Thank you Savoy Hotel for ruining my special Day.

Room Tip: do not go there must be far better hotels to stay in Blackpool
Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple