“Filthy!!!”
Review of Savoy Hotel

Savoy Hotel
Ranked #68 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Right, lets get the nice bits out of the way. The staff were pleasant and thankfully we were with some good friends. Now for the rest. This hotel is way past its sell by date. Our room was big but that really is the most positive thing I can say. A teaspoon propping the window open, chewing gum on the skirting boards, a tv that turned itself off after 5 minutes, mismatched furniture, ridiculously creaky floorboards, terrible shower and a shower curtain that someone had wiped their nose on. I could go on and on and on.....Oh and 1 lift which can only fit 3 people in for 145 rooms! Britannia needs to start selling off some of its stock and concentrate on refurbishing the rest. Truly the most shocking place I have stayed in. Avoid!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

Please accept my apologies for those aspects of your stay that you were un-happy with.

Your comments about the disappointing elements of your stay have been de-briefed with the appropriate personnel and corrective action taken as necessary. I have recently taken over management of the hotel, and I am going through all reviews, past and present, in order to highlight areas in need of improvement.

There are newer reviews for Savoy Hotel

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed one night - 16th June. Had standard double room. Had stayed before and had no problems. Arrived at 3pm. Checked in to room. Item of ladies underwear left hanging over shower nozzle. Informed reception as we were going out at 3.30pm - said they would deal with it. Came back into room at 11.30pm item not removed so we put it out on corridor and informed reception of same. Yuk !!!!!!! Expect better. Item was removed however from corridor in 5 minutes !!!! I wonder why ????? Could not wait to leave in the morning. Don't think I will ever stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank SAM.46

Reviewed 16 June 2014

On arrival at the hotel we were asked to wait twenty minutes while the room was finished being cleaned. Shortly I was allocated room 303. I went in and THREE PIGEONS flew out of the open window leaving a mess and a cloud of feathers. They had been on the table where the refreshment tray was.
I asked to be moved rooms but they claimed none were available. A clean was promised. On returning to the hotel a couple of hours later I was told it had been cleaned but what could I expect in "the pigeon room." This was the comment from the man on reception. On Inspection it was OBVIOUS the room had not been cleaned- nothing had been disturbed at all.
The window ledge outside the window was at LEAST FOUR INCHES DEEP in pigeon droppings. This is a hotel to miss because the very genuine concern was treated with absolute contempt.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have never been to a dirtier hotel. Dust, dirt, grime, absolute filth. Yes it's cheap but not that cheap. I wouldn't even stay here again for half the price that we paid. The mattress was that old that we were sleeping on (not that we did sleep) was bare springs. The lady that did the entertainment was brilliant and was the only reason we stayed in that night, that and the fact that we had the kids with us. She kept us all entertained and a lovely lady.
Blackpool is trying it's very best to go up in the world and it's places like this that is letting it down big time. We have stayed in the grand hotel (britannia) Scarborough and it's perfectly clean and tidy so this really reflects very badly on you britannia. Not one to leave reviews at all but hope that this will help to get it sorted.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Nicknac5

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel looks grubby in the public areas with a very badly marked carpet in the main lounge and surfaces not very clean - as an example the chrome surround to the lift door was covered in handmarks when we arrived and five days later it was still the same. Our room had a new carpet and the bathroom was clean but again surfaces like glass table tops had cup rings on them. Some electric sockets had plaster missing round them so a child could have easily poked something into them. The weather was warm and we couldn't sleep properly as we couldn't leave the window open because of the noise of an extractor of some sort close to the window. The food ranged from very poor to acceptable but choice of main meal was limited with pork and chicken being on the menu for three of the four nights but no lamb or beef. The staff were all pleasant and helpful which was a plus (except for one of the chefs who complained he couldn't meet his budget because some of his diners were greedy). With the choice of hotels in Blackpool we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank webntweb

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in and totally ruined our weekend. The first room we were given when we arrived had 1 3/4 bed for 2 adults and a child and was cramped and very crummy. The door wasn,t even shut and all lights were on. We went to reception and asked for a room change and the receptionist was quite abrupt (whats do with it!!) The second room wasn,t much better but at least it had enough beds. This room wasn,t very clean either and we thought the windows had frosted glass as we couldn,t see out of them but it was just dirt and grime. The carpet was full of stains as were the walls. Only 4 channels on the tv which we couldn,t see anyway. The bathroom wasn,t much better and the water in the shower was boiling hot all the time and i scalded my head. The staff were really ignorant and never spoke to us all weekend and we were left waiting 15 minutes at the bar whilst staff had a cig break outside. Only staff that were friendly were the cleaning staff. I feel sorry for them being expected to make the place look presentable when the place needs a full refurbishment. The breakfast was dreadful and we didn,t bother with it the next morning. Our 5 year old daughter was crying and wanted to go home straight away. I know now why the money has to be paid upfront and is none refundable as i would have walked out straight away. We don,t have much money and were looking forward to this weekend away but it was totally ruined. Some of the other guest there had the same opinions. I would never go to this hotel again even if i was offered a free weekend and advise anyone to avoid at all cost. Just wish i,d read the reveiws before we wasted our money and ruined our holiday. Don,t know how this hotel is still open.

Room Tip: just avoid at all cost
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Marie S

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed for two nights with wife and boys. In its day the hotel would have been a top class place, now it's in need of a bit of tlc, it is what it is, a pleasant budget hotel with lovely staff in an ideal location, every meal was good, and the chef went out of his way to sort our youngest out, who has food allergies, with something suitable each meal time, the room was ok, although a little warm at times. The evening entertainment was "interesting" - what it lacks in splendour it makes up for in character, location and superb staff. Would stay there again if ever in Blackpool.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank gpallister
Craig H, Manager at Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2015

Dear Guest, many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

Your comments are very much appreciated and have been passed on to the Staff. Its good to get a balanced view on these matters. Sometimes one has to experience the Hotel for them selves rather than rely on dubious inaccurate reports.

I was pleased to read that you felt your stay was good value for money..

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Craig Hull