Savoy Hotel
Lyndene Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$36
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Blackpool South Shore(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$56
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
2,279 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights and although I wasn't expecting the ritz I was expecting at least some level of customer service, we were allocated a 'smoking room' as a non smoker I asked to be moved but as I didnt request a non smoking room I couldn't be moved but why would I think to request a non smoking room as the smoking ban is in place and I had no information to tell me about these rooms. The restaurant staff started clearing away the buffet as we sat down so we felt rushed and they all lacked customer service skills, the restaurant its self had holes in the ceiling covered over by masking tape and the choice of food was limited for a buffet and the chef rationing the portions out was just ridiculous a buffet is a buffet would never stay again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank clo_deee
Craig H, Manager at Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2015

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

Please accept my apologies for those aspects of your stay that you were un-happy with.

Your comments about the disappointing elements of your stay have been de-briefed with the appropriate personnel and corrective action taken as necessary. I have recently taken over management of the hotel, and I am going through all reviews, past and present, in order to highlight areas in need of improvement.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The bedroom was dirty and had not been hovered before we got to stay. Thankfully only booked for two nights but did not use the shower because of the state of it, and did not walk on the carpet without shoes on my feet. Also our room was not serviced after one night of stay. Breakfast was passable but tables all have a dirty sticky look/feel. Would certainly never stay again, in fact I was pleased to book out and come home.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RachelW2012

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Hi to all fellow travellers,
Just returned from a short stay at the Savoy hotel in Blackpool and glad it was only a short stay.
My mate and I booked this hotel in a rush for a quick break and on recommendation of our travel agent. Because of being close to date of travel, we had to pay the full bill, and I was foolish not checking members views on trip advisor first, especially myself been a member. I did check after we booked and paid for the 2 day break to find that other members who had stayed at this hotel were disappointed with various problems.
We still took the break, as it had cost us £60 per night per person = £120, total £240. I can now say that this hotel was not value for money and we would have expected better for that price.
On arrival at the hotel, we were pushing luck trying to find a parking space for the car. We did manage eventually on the side street, but meant us not moving it for the whole time of our stay, or we would have lost the space. The hotel only has a small carpark and is continually full around the clock.
The only place to park free of charge is the side street if your lucky. There is a council run carpark across from the hotel by the coach park, but it is pay and display.
The rooms in the hotel, well I think from what I heard from other guests during our stay is a case of luck or unlucky. We were lucky and got two double rooms with bath and shower, however after reading trip advisor reports from other travellers regarding the water problems with the showers, I did immediately check out the hot water situation, and yes other people are correct by stating to be careful not to burn your skin. I noticed that the shower can get scalding hot and the cold water does not react with the shower properly. You could be unaware and severely burn your skin. Ask for a room with bath. I found this to be safer where as both taps reacted properly.
Some of the taps are opposite to what we are normally used too, e:g: the hot water tap is on the right and the cold on the left, its normally the other way around. I wonder sometimes what the plumber must have been thinking at the time of plumbing.
The carpets in the hotel were shabby in places, but not enough to spoil ones holiday and taking into account that the hotel is getting old. One problem which did nag me was that the floors in the rooms and corridoors creeked quite loudly like the house of horrors. Pity for those guests trying to sleep in lower floor rooms.
First thing I did check on arrival of our rooms, was the beds e:g: matteress, to which was clean and also had protective covers.Pleased about that.
The windows of the Savoy in rooms and around the hotel are absolutely filthy, and dont look as though they have been cleaned for months. Maybe even years.You can hardly see through them.
There are tea and coffee facilities in ones room, but the maids dont always replenish fully the next day
The lift of which there is only one, is small old and gets stuck occasionally. The lift is occupied by the cleaners in a morning at the most peak times with trollies and they have a tendancy to lock off the lift causing delays for guest wanting to vacate or to get to breakfast. When I spoke to three of the cleaners about holding the lift when I had been waiting over twenty minutes, I just received a soar look and told that we have to do our jobs. Yes, fair enough, but told them to prepare their gear and trollies earlier to avoid delaying guests.
In this hotel there are smoking rooms and non-smoking rooms. if you dont smoke insist on no smoking rooms, as I was told that smoking rooms smell terrible. Most smoking rooms are on second floor from what I was told by smokers.
The staff looked as though they have had enough. No smiles hardly and one waiter on last morning at breakfast was all in. Dropping dishes and walking around like a zombi.
Entertainment not good either. No ballroom dancing as informed by our travel agent. Female singer in lounge bar first night, and in our view could not sing and second night a male singer, not much different from previous night. Bingo if your a bingo star and the odd quiz, thats about it. Retired to bed as there was noting to do or anywhere to go.
Just a point that I would like to make is that the Savoy is about one and half to two miles from the tower heading north on the corner of gynn square. Trams are always full and have to stand and is £1.50 single upto 5 stops, or is a long walk to north pier.
To sum up, we would not stay here again, its too far from north pier and town and the hotel really needs refurbishment and some decent entertainment at night, as its too far to travel on foot to go into blackpool and tram can work out expensive if using all the time, unless you opt for the passes.
Our travel agent informed us that this hotel was near the tower at north pier, its not. Its a lot further north.
See my review on the Savoy restaurant and food

Room Tip: High floor 3rd Very quiet Non-smoking room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank kenneth H
Craig H, Manager at Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2015

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Booked what I thought would e a cheap to Blackpool ! Booked the savoy , after reading the very mixed reviews we still decided to go and make our own minds up . Well when we arrived it was so dirty , cigarettes stubs left on floor dirty windows and mouldy damp smell , I like to know where the multi million pound refurb went to . We visited the ladies bathroom , when a man came out if his room shouting . I quote ( I'm not sleeping on this someone has pissed on it ) he was carrying a mattress out of his room . That was it I got online and was lucky enough to cancel our booking with booking .com before we were due to check in . Ended up in the Hilton which as you can imagine was a lot more than we wanted to spend . Britainnia hotel chain really need to address the issues ASAP with this hotels, it's one of the oldest in Blackpool and is such a beautiful building and it has just been left to rot

Room Tip: Just don't book this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank beckyboo689

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The hotel was once an impressive hotel but is now in need of a major facelift.
The foyer, bar and dining area look quite impressive but the bedrooms are something else.
The room was quite dirty and the shower cubicle was terrible. I wouldn't even use it because of all the mildew around the door and seals.
We found we couldn't open the window because they had screwed a sheet of toughened glass in front of it. Middle of August - stifling hot and we were unable to open a window. No fan provided either.
Got woken up during the night several times by the people in the room above walking around their room. The floorboards were so old and noisy we thought the ceiling was in danger of collapsing under the weight of the people above.
Breakfast wasn't bad with a good choice of food from the buffet.
We put up with it as we were only there for one night.
It is a shame because you can see at one time this would have been a beautiful hotel but it has been allowed to fall into disrepair.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple