“YOU GET MORE THAN WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!”

Norbreck Castle Hotel
Ranked #69 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I came to this hotel on the 3rd April for one night with my boyfriend.. I myself work in a hotel and no how petty customers can be!! I ignored all the trip advisors and thought I'd experience it for my self && I thought it was well worth the money! £39 for two with sea view including all entertainment and leisure facilities you can't go wrong!! Room 156 were fine, could do with a bit more modern furniture but for a hotel so big it was fine. The bed was sooo comfy! Only thing we could say was with it being so busy during half term breakfast wasn't the best.. But We had a fab time so booked again for my mum and dad the following weekend, they also enjoyed it!!
However booked again for the 15th April for one night with my work colleague, when we arrived we was greeted by a lovely lady on reception who handed our room keys, when we got to room 458 we wasn't as happy as it was a smoking room and neither of us smoked, we popped back to the reception where was happy to help, she gave us room 350 which were a lovely room and would definatly like that one again!!! We had a fab time!! Also breakfast was fab this time!!!! We definatley don't think this hotel deserves the bad comments, if your looking for a cheap clean hotel NORBRECK CASTLE IS THE ONE FOR YOU. Also it's quite a way from blackpool centre but a tram costs £4.50 for a daily pass.. well worth it!!! WE SHALL DEFFO BE BACK!!!
thank you for a fab few nights :) Kirsty

Room Tip: Room 150 / 156 for a couple or room 350 for twin room!!!
1  Thank KirstyJaydee

Reviewed 17 April 2013

My husband and i have just returned from a 1 night stay last Sunday at the Norbreck and all i can say it was FAB. The room 154 was lovely and clean and a nice sea veiw(wich we paid extra for) The meal at night in the function room was lovely tomatoe soup roast beef with vegatables and proffiter rolls for afters with coffee and mints and all served piping hot and there was over a1000 people there.
The sincerely Abba tribute band were great
and after that a disco and this included a 99p bar.
.Some people will complain about any thing and look to see what they can moan about all i can say is thank you Norbreck for a great evening we will be back.

Room Tip: I would recommend room 154 as a great little room nice and cosy
1  Thank highflyer33
Reviewed 17 April 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here last year, we thought the bedrooms could do with being modernised, the food was excellent, there was all sorts of activities for children, the entertainment was brilliant, we had a broken window, not smashed just was a lose and we went down and complained by the next morning the maintenance man was out and fixed it, we were that impressed by the hotel we are coming back in june with his little boy. the staff were all polite and helpful.

Room Tip: select carefully, we just picked any and we had a view of nothing. but that was our fault
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2013

When I saw the reviews, I didn't know what to expect, also when we drove in the car park, we thought oh, no. But we were surprised when we checked in, the staff were so helpfull and couldn't do enough for us. Our room was lovely and clean, just been decorated. There were plenty soft white towels for us. plus a sea view. The breakfast was lovely, plenty to choose from. We went swimming, even though yes, the water was chilly, and enjoyed the entertainment at night. All in all we had a lovely stay. The staff are lovely and so helpfull, the cleaners seem to be there all day, hoovering cleaning the windows. Plus outside was being painted whilest we were there, so they are improving it. All we paid was £35 a night so well worth it. Would go again, if I was given a bad room I would have complained and got another room. It is such a big hotel and yes we queued for our key, but we weren't waiting for long, I think the staff take their time as they are getting the best room for you. We were in room 248, you can request a certain room when you book.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Angela J
Reviewed 14 April 2013

When I first looked at this hotel online i thought this was going to be nice I asked i wanted to be near pleasure beach as my partner had plans to take kids there. She said yes very close just wondering is 4.5 miles close??? (desperate springs to mind). When we turned up looked nice from outside but when we got in, come across ignorant, offensive and people who weren't capable of doing their job. We unfortunately paid for hotel day before and couldn't get refund so had to stay there. We went to put our bags in our room. We noticed on the way down the decor was bad wallpaper hanging off and paint stained, no directions to where rooms where had to walk down corridors to find out. When we turned up at the room we found all these defects and dirt the back of door was filthy, we put bags in room went downstairs to the bar there wasn't anything for kids to do, we decided to get a drink i got some paper for kids to draw as we sat i looked up to find brown stains scattered around ceiling. We was told we could have tea anytime between 6.30 pm - 9.30 pm when we got there we had to wait till 7.30 pm which thought was late for kids and not what we got told. Tea and breakfast wasn't to a good standard, cold and rubbery I had to ask waiter/waitress for things i.e drinks when selected ones walked passed give me dirty looks felt like i was doing something wrong. After tea I decided to have a drink and see what kinda entertainment was on, (not much) a woman getting kids to dance and about it to that part. We decided to take kids to bed as late etc. as going around hotel just found more issues with the place. I wouldn't recommend this place to no one this is the most despicable and disgusting and set of unprofessional people that run this hotel. This place needs shutting down and all issues need working on and not letting guests in until resolved. Horrible experience!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2013

omg!!! where do I start, from walking in the visual appeal was dia. The décor, curtains. carpets bedsheets wallpaper etc, felt like they where dated back to the 1920's, the whole hotel smelt of a old musky rest home smell. Even the corridors reeked of skunk
(weed), the manager was rushing around spraying air freshner to eliminate the smell, the corridor we where in was full of young yobs, making serious amounts of noise, slamming doors, blasting music, shouting and screaming at 4am in the morning. The first room we were given was a dingy prison cell, small, colourless and 100% un appealing. The mattress felt like it had been squashed by an elephant for the past 30 years and you could physically feel the bed frame on your back. Cheap sods buy some new mattresses. Overall it was the worst weekend of my life and completely ruined my birthday. I would not send my worst enemy here and they really need to shut this place down and inject some money into it.

Room Tip: Don't go!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andrew p
Reviewed 13 April 2013

my wife and i took a mystery break with d uruqharts tours , and we finished up at the norbreck castle blackpool, THE BIG MISTAKE WAS WE FORGOT ABOUT THE SCHOOLS STILL BEING ON HOLIDAY. we arrived at the hotel about two fifteen on the eighth of april,
the reception was very slow it took forty mins to get the card from reception so we could go to our room
the room was adequet for two and clean , but the furniture was a bit dated , but served its purpose

the bathroom was clean but the bath had seen better days . having some surface damage but this was only miner,it took a long while to get hot water.there was a shower over the bath,, the bathroom was cleaned every day ,
the bedroom walls were very thin and people could be heard next door .the decaration was good . but there was a lot of noise from pipes and the constant hum from some pump all the time .the windows were double glazed but needed a wash.

the food was self service , but soup was served. the food was ok with a good choice but the self service ment it was only luke warm by the time you got back to your table, the staff were very good at taking away used plates etc.(full marks to them)

the big snag during the week was unsupervised children .in the dining room very small children walking about , when there are other people carrying food on plates (this is a accident waiting to happen 0and i think both the managment and parents should look into this before some child is hurt

all drinks were served in plastic beakers but i think this is a local requirment.

we had trouble on two evenings whilst trying to use the lift with young lads pressing the button outside the lift and opening doors.,there seems to be no security in this hotel to stop some young people doing just as they please .climbing up banisters was one thing we saw and running around very fast when there are other people trying to get around .

d wilkinson

Room Tip: i don`t know one in this hotel there are so many rooms
1  Thank DONALD W