Norbreck Castle Hotel
US$83
Agoda.com
US$125
6,231 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 November 2013

When we arrived we noticed that place needs a good decorate but that didn't bother us, we went with an open mind after checking out the reviews after booking to stay here. The main toilets absolutely stunk me and my disabled father In law who brought us here refused to go an waited the 10 minutes for the keys to the room.
We were on ground floor which was great, no hassle it was clean and cosy but very hot! It felt like we were in a sauna the whole time, The heating was on full the whole 4 days we stayed here and opening our window didn't help as there was no fresh air we were opposite a wall. Plus we had to shut the window when we left cause it doesn't have a catch and anyone could get through there. First thing I had to do before I unpacked my case was clean the tv remote the layer of dirt on it was disgusting so if your in room 052 your remote should be clean. We quite liked our room there was plenty of storage space and the bed was comfy, one of the lamps didn't work and the bathroom door wouldn't shut but that's not a problem, Walls are very thin and even though I'm a heavy sleeper it seemed like people only ran past not walked it was so loud!! I got woken up a lot. We didn't stay for any entertainment we did go in the gym and pool is a nice size, the jacuzzi is soo nice and the gyms very big and has more than enough equipment, breakfast was average, teabags were horrible and the girls at breakfast could of had a sense of humour they weren't smiley or happy whatsoever,I would come back to this hotel even though it's out the way it really isn't that bad though the man on the tram called it the prison. I hope this helped in any way for anyone, I'm not one to moan or complain x

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gemma M
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

This has got to be worst hotel we've stayed in in a very long time desperate need of refurbishment the smell reminds you somewhat of a old peoples home .no disrespect to them. The room was very small hardly room to get around the bed and very noisy the deco was very old fashioned with the furniture being worn out definitely won't be going back

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eileen C
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed at the Norbreck Castle Friday and Saturday 22/23 Nov 2013 as part of a group attending the Kingshill line dance event. We were three women in our early 70s, still active enough let it be said. When we went up to the room allocated we could not believe it - the floor sloped alarmingly down towards the window. The sleeping arrangements we were expected to use were one double bed and two bunk beds, which wobbled when touched. The bathroom was grotty. It took two attempts to persuade them to change the room. This room, in a different, more modern wing, of the hotel, had the required three single beds. However, it was freezing cold on one the coldest nights so far in November. We naturally turned on the heating, but the room did not warm up while we were line dancing. In fact on returning we found the heating had been switched off for the night. We asked for more bedding, as the single duvet did not seem adequate. The heating came on briefly between 8.00 and 8.30 am, hardly warming the room at all. And the bathroom had no heat at all, plus the WC handle was idiosyncratic in its performance. Overall, I thought the hotel staff had been reduced, the restaurant staff were overwhelmed. The food was adequate if uninspired. This hotel badly needs bringing up to modern standards of comfort. Did I mention that the TV was an old 15" with a total of 4 channels? Altogether a very disappointing stay (but the Kingshill bit was brilliant).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JudeQ427
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Room terrible food terrible staff unhelpful extortionate prices for drinks
(This is due to coach parties getting a couple of free drinks included in their stay) so they have to get their profits from somewhere overall not impressed.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank asdwaz
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Just returned from a 1 night bed and breakfast stay as part of a coach tour. The food was excellent, both dinner and breakfast. Lots of it, served buffet style. The evening entertainment was good (Abba tribute band) but the venue was absolutely huge and consequently lacked atmosphere. That's the good bits.
The room we were allocated should be condemned, it had wet walls in one corner due to damp and the radiator only worked intermittently. It was freezing cold and smelled of damp. Quite frankly the room was a health hazard. I complained to reception and they said to go online and complain to the company. I complained to the tour rep and her comment was 'oh they're not still using that room are they'. As I say you get what you pay for and it was cheap!

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Windsor Wing ground floor room 20 !
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends