“Better than expected, very helpful staff and exceeded expectations”

Norbreck Castle Hotel
Ranked #66 of 69 Hotels in Blackpool
Huttoft, null, United Kingdom
“Better than expected, very helpful staff and exceeded expectations”
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I booked this Hotel from an E-Shot I received from the Britannia Group after staying in other hotels in the Group, I didn't look at the reviews as I have always had a high standard, after paying our Non refundable balance I received an email from Trip Advisor which led me to check the reviews on this hotel. I was very disappointed to see the bad reviews and the overall score, but I have to say I spoke to the hotel direct to make sure there was the requirements I requested on booking, and they were very friendly and accommodating and when we arrived I was pleasantly surprised, throughout the stay the staff were friendly and helpful the food was nice and the room was very clean and well laid out, I have to mention that we paid on booking for an upgrade and was told it would be a better standard of room (central booking) when I got to the hotel the room was very standard and tired looking, I went to reception and was told the upgrade price was for a sea view, they were very helpful and upgraded us for a discounted price to the Presidential suite which I highly recommend, overall I would stay here again but I would pay for the upgrade as I think my review might have been different in respect to the room if I hadn't have had that. :)

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Rachel S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,522)
  • Polish first
Stanley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Booked to go to the Norbreck through National Holidays, after reading the reviews we expected the worse, but was very surprised at how nice the hotel actually was! Room was clean and cleaners came in everyday to clean, change bedding and put fresh towel in, staff we're very friendly and helpful, good selection of food, all nice! Its out of the way of the noise of the town centre but the bus and tram stop is right outside of the hotel entrance, would go back, enjoyed our four night stay! Definitely not as bad as as the reviews made out, if you're fussy book a more expensive hotel, you get what you pay for!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Halifax
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have just returned after visiting the Norbreck for the umpteenth time, we've had a great time again, stayed in room 344, very warm and nice and clean with a sea view, on Sunday night a buddy holly tribute was on and it was very good, will be back there soon.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Lanarkshire
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I would never have booked this place going by the reviews on here. It was a coach trip for two nights. It's a huge hotel, probably quite plush in days gone by, but a bit draughty in places. We had a twin and a double room. Both were plain but the beds were fresh, the carpet seemed clean and the bathroom was spotless. There was plenty of hot water, towels and a decent pressure in the shower. The food was good, plenty of it and a good choice including vegetarian. It's buffet so you could go back for as much as you wanted. Our deal included wine with the meal and four free drinks. The cabaret was typical Blackpool, singers and dancers after a game of bingo and a couple of games for the kids. It was a decent short break for a great price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Blyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

You can tell that in it's heyday this was a top hotel, however, you can also tell that now is not it's heyday. From the start of our break with National holidays you could tell that certain little things weren't qute right. Firstly, entering the hotel from the rear of the building should'nt happen and storing our luggage from 13.20 until 14,.30 in a passage is not good enough until the rooms were made ready, the rooms were quite small and tatty but you would expect this on a budget holiday and it felt like trying to find your way out of a maze in order to find your room. However, the bathroom made up for this as the whirlpool baths made up for this. One of the things that attracted us to this holiday was the excursion to Liverpool, this actually happened although a day in Liverpool turned out to be 3 hours 45 minutes. Not really enough time to visit the various attractions Liverpool has to offer. for me it only rates 6 out of ten.

Room Tip: Ask for Warwick Wing executive room with whirlpool bath.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
newcastle
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Horrible dirty place. Filthy rooms and bathroom. Disgusting food. Over priced. Can't believe places like this still exist. Please do not book to stay here. Feels and looks like a prison. Wish I had looked on trip advisor before we went because I agree with other reviewers. Don't even give this place a chance.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank carrieerin

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Morecambe
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed for 2 nights with four friends. We were expecting the worst after reading the reviews on here and so were not too surprised at the hotel's faded glory.
We chose a budget establishment purposely for our get-together as we didn't intend to spend much time in the hotel, not being fans of the type of entertainment on offer (bingo and cabaret).
Although it is quite a way from the centre of Blackpool the trams and buses are very convenient.
Our 3 adjacent executive rooms were a good size and perfectly adequate for our needs. Some of us enjoyed a jacuzzi bath... though the shower was good enough for me.
The meal plan ( buffet style breakfast and dinner) was very good value for money as there was a good choice and you could eat as much as you liked.
The best experience though was the excellent, friendly service received from all the staff. We just had to ask and our requests were met!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends