“Great Weekend Nearly Spoiled”

Norbreck Castle Hotel
Ranked #71 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Great Weekend Nearly Spoiled”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. I will NEVER go back again to stay over.
We were booked into "Twin Executive" room. This consisted of two single beds - which where the most uncomfortable beds I have ever had the misfortune of sleeping in, a television with 4 channels (yes 4 channels in this day and age) a bath that was dirtier than blackpool beach has ever been and just enough space left to put our suitcase in.
The hotel site says that we can enjoy the views (of portacabins and cars from our window) Health club with Heated pool (colder than the north pole) and a 36 seater cinema which we were informed was shut because the DVD player was broke (yes DVD player)
Now for the worst part (if it can get worse) the site words are
"Conservatory Food Court offers a daily menu of freshly prepared hot and cold food throughout the day plus a great selection of coffees, teas and chilled drinks" We went down to Breakfast at 08:30 am and were confronted with a choice of COLD cooked breakfast, Muesli or tinned fruit, to wash this monstrosity of a menu down you could have coffee what your spoons stands up in or tea that looks and taste like muddy water or their special concentrated orange / apple juice

Please people if you are reading this DO NOT book into this hotel I promise you will regret every minute you spend their

Room Tip: Don't do it
1 Thank Richard P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,472)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

i've read many a review both good and bad about this hotel and i'm going to add my tuppence worth.
loved it,loved it, loved it.
best place i've stayed for many a year,staff were brilliant in all parts of the running;reception, entertainment,restaraunt(buffet breakfast and dinner you'd wish never ended)sports club and room service.
we had a room with a sea view,plenty of wardrobe and drawer space,never ending hot water at a gallop;bath fills within minutes.
i don't know how they've got a single bad review unless the people were miserable when they booked in and still miserable when they checked out.
sure it's a noisy place with kids running around but that is part of it's staff's fantastic attitude to make sure that everyone has a fabulous and laid back time and i prefer to have real people around me than some stiff and cold snobs walking around with their noses in the air.
if you are thinking of going somewhere in england to just slob around this is the place,we paid 137quid for 2 for 3 days and two nights[arrived friday left sunday evening..check out time is 10.30 am but we hung around until 5pm waiting for the rain to clear to drive back to london],that price was inclusive of breakfast and dinner.
go and enjoy the norbreck and blackpool and all it's lovely people the staff and it's visitors.

Room Tip: all rooms are fit for purpose
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed at the Norbreck for the Superdance Weekend for the second year running and yes was more disgusting than last year.
The food is totally inedible breakfast was disgusting i certainly would not have fed it to my children, even the toast was awful how you can get that wrong is beyond me.
The bedroom well where do i start ?
The wallpaper was hanging off the walls the carpet was filthy and as for the beds four of us in one room one very small double bed and bunkbeds squashed in you caught your leg on the corner of the double everytime you passed to get to the bathroom not that i wanted to use it as this also was disgusting.
Environmental health need to make a visit sooner rather than later !!
Britannia Group either up date the whole Hotel or shut it down i dont know how you have the audacity to charge people to stay there

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Wexford, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

This hotel is an absolute disgrace. I had the worst break ever. It stinks, is dirty and in some rooms there's not even a window. Its a case of quantity not quality and avoid at all costs. Don't expect a decent nights sleep as beds uncomfortable and noise from other rooms make's it feel like they are in your room. It is a good distance from the centre of Blackpool. It is not good value for money at all. We were booked into their sister hotel but were put here as they overbooked,which seems a regular ocurance so beware.

Room Tip: There is'nt one to be had here.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Huttoft, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I booked this Hotel from an E-Shot I received from the Britannia Group after staying in other hotels in the Group, I didn't look at the reviews as I have always had a high standard, after paying our Non refundable balance I received an email from Trip Advisor which led me to check the reviews on this hotel. I was very disappointed to see the bad reviews and the overall score, but I have to say I spoke to the hotel direct to make sure there was the requirements I requested on booking, and they were very friendly and accommodating and when we arrived I was pleasantly surprised, throughout the stay the staff were friendly and helpful the food was nice and the room was very clean and well laid out, I have to mention that we paid on booking for an upgrade and was told it would be a better standard of room (central booking) when I got to the hotel the room was very standard and tired looking, I went to reception and was told the upgrade price was for a sea view, they were very helpful and upgraded us for a discounted price to the Presidential suite which I highly recommend, overall I would stay here again but I would pay for the upgrade as I think my review might have been different in respect to the room if I hadn't have had that. :)

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Rachel S
Stanley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Booked to go to the Norbreck through National Holidays, after reading the reviews we expected the worse, but was very surprised at how nice the hotel actually was! Room was clean and cleaners came in everyday to clean, change bedding and put fresh towel in, staff we're very friendly and helpful, good selection of food, all nice! Its out of the way of the noise of the town centre but the bus and tram stop is right outside of the hotel entrance, would go back, enjoyed our four night stay! Definitely not as bad as as the reviews made out, if you're fussy book a more expensive hotel, you get what you pay for!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Halifax
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have just returned after visiting the Norbreck for the umpteenth time, we've had a great time again, stayed in room 344, very warm and nice and clean with a sea view, on Sunday night a buddy holly tribute was on and it was very good, will be back there soon.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple