I've never written a review before but I feel the need to shout from the roof tops how bad this hotel is.
Myself and my husband stayed for 2 nights 21st feb-23rd feb. On arrival there were no parking spaces so had to park on a side road. When we actually entered the hotel the reception area was very very old fashioned and run down. we were checked in quickly but had to walk through the busy bar area with our cases where kids were just running everywhere knocking into anything and everything.
The lift going up to the room (balmoral, 4th floor) was an absolute disgrace. It was smelly and littered and was also the slowest lift ever! The same litter was still on the lift floor when we left on the sunday. When we eventually got to the room I was genuinely mortified! It was disgusting. Stains on the carpet, bed linen and curtains. The furniture in there was probably made in the 1940s and was falling to bits.
We paid extra for a sea view room but the window was that dirty we could hardly see out of it. Also the window frame had come loose and was constantly banging away in the wind.
We went downstairs to the Copper Face Jacks bar. Again, it was disgusting. mould growing out of the wall and a massive hole above the window were there had obviously been a leak at some point. The whole place was thick with dust and very very out dated.
If you plan on actually sleeping whilst you're in blackpool then this hotel definitely isn't for you! The noise level is ridiculous! Walls are so thin you can hear every cough, burp...etc. There were also water pipes running through our room and every time someone in another room flushed a toilet or turned on a tap they made an almighty roar! The couple in the room next door were constantly argueing or 'making up' very very loudly!! Having the headboard banging against the wall as well as someone screaming is not what you want to be hearing at 3am!!!
Breakfast was embarrassing.... it was like a cattle market! Restaurant staff were rude & unfriendly and the food was just disgusting.
Looking back at the photos of the hotel on the booking.com website they are very very very misleading. The pictures could be of another hotel because what I saw with my own eyes was nothing at all like the photos!
I can't tell you what the pool and spa facilities were like because the pool was full of kids screaming and splashing around so we chose not to go in.
The only good thing about this hotel was the shower! Very powerful!
Its safe to say I will never ever return to the Norbreck Castle Hotel and I will advise others never to go there!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Norbreck Castle Hotel is a fun and vibrant enviroment especially at weekends and during holiday periods. The Hotel overlooks the seafront on the North Shore, and is close to Blackpools' major attractions and entertainment. This stunning Castle like hotel offers a warm welcome to the famous Seaside Resort of Blackpool.The hotel has 480 bedrooms, many with sea views that offer a comfortable and relaxing stay. All tastefully decorated, rooms are en-suite and offer TV, Telephone, Hairdryer and Tea & Coffee making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Lastminute, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Superbreak UK so you can book your Norbreck Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norbreck Castle Blackpool
- Norbreck Hotel
- Hotel Norbreck Castle
- Norbreck Castle Hotel Blackpool
- Castle Hotel Norbreck