We stayed from Friday to Sunday travelling to grand national (Liverpool) on the Saturday morning at nine. We drove from north east but most of people in hotel came from Scotland in busses. Think there was 1200 people stopping over weekend with majority going to national . We arrived at noon on the Friday and had pick of the car park ( free and huge). No one waiting to check so we were dealt with in no time. Room was ready. Dated room but clean enough although needed a proper dust( room was 531). Telly with four channels, team and coffee, hair dryer, twin beds and plenty of drawers. Bathroom was clean enough and hot water at all times. Towels changed on the Saturday. Lift to room but we used stairs as it was quicker but its a good climb so get a room near the bottom if you can't manage. Bar was open early morning and late night, pub attached which was very busy on evening. Ballroom was used for our dinner on Friday but main restaurant on the Saturday and for breakfasts. There is a swimming pool which looked decent size and no one seemed to use ( most people there for the racing). Very busy at meal times and shared table in the ballroom ( table for ten). Help yourself bar the soup and tea/coffee. Food was ok although catering for that many it was pretty bland. Breakfast was good. Prices at bar very cheap. Shops round corner (mcolls (cash machine) and an off licence) tram and bus stop just outside. Ten minute walk to fish and chip type places, small
arcade and bank (rbs). 15 minute walk to first pub on the front (towards south) after that there is another couple of pubs and a casino which you can get in as a non member for meal / drink if you don't care for a gamble. Then the rest of hotels begin towards the north pier. It's around three mile to north pier and around 5 mile to south pier. Some of staff were poor but some spot on . I guess because of the numbers some will only be working there certain times so maybe not as committed. Bingo and entertainment on both nights but didn't go so can't say if its any good or not. There was also a small cinema which had fairly recent films on four times a day. Place is huge and needs an update. Some areas a bit dirty and smelly but mostly not too bad. Decent value for what we paid but if you like typical Blackpool hotel then you probably need to go further south . It was basically get em in and get em out as regards meals but that suited us as we really only needed a bed and a quick eat. Might be very good when it's not full. Easy to get to and get out as its so far north. Would consider going again for races but not for Blackpool only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Norbreck Castle Hotel is a fun and vibrant enviroment especially at weekends and during holiday periods. The Hotel overlooks the seafront on the North Shore, and is close to Blackpools' major attractions and entertainment. This stunning Castle like hotel offers a warm welcome to the famous Seaside Resort of Blackpool.The hotel has 480 bedrooms, many with sea views that offer a comfortable and relaxing stay. All tastefully decorated, rooms are en-suite and offer TV, Telephone, Hairdryer and Tea & Coffee making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Norbreck Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norbreck Castle Blackpool
- Norbreck Hotel
- Hotel Norbreck Castle
- Norbreck Castle Hotel Blackpool
- Castle Hotel Norbreck