“Disgusted”

Ranked #69 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Disgusted”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have written repeatedly to the management at the hotel and also to the CEO to tell them about out complaint. Apart from a brief email from a Manager offering a night at the hotel...and there is no way we would ever go back... we have been ignored... no one has the courtesy to contact us .. we took my 92 year old father there for a couple of days as he had stayed there many years before with my mother... and wanted to relive the memories. The hotel was dirty... rooms were disgusting... his room more like a cupboard......stay away......

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Annette B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,489)
  • Polish first
Fifield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was down with a group of 21 for the grand national last weekend, i cant fault anything, the staff were very friendly, the rooms were clean, the food was great and the bonus was we got to smoke in our room, will definately be booking up next year.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Where do i start this hotel looked great from the pictures in reality it was a different story receptionist Nicole was pleasant and helpful and location was great for what we needed but if u don't want a tram ride everyday it's wrong hotel it's quite far down the front from the main strip they were the only positives.Rooms had rubbish views on the back side of the hotel badly maintained car park and a housing estate, room windows were filthy,dated decor and tatty furniture,dirty cups bathroom was a dated wet room i felt as though i was in a retirement home.Then we get to breakfast very noisy restaurant with over 300 people trying to eat,food looked great when we went to eat it the cooked breakfast was cold it tasted rank tea was also cold we left it and went out for breakfast.Car park was huge but not big enough to accommodate the amount of rooms for the hotel.This hotel is certainly not value for money at £49 a night. Hotel was full 400 rooms they need to try spending some of the money on updating decor and maintenance on this hotel. I wouldn't stay here again it was awful

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Hale179

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have to say when I had read the reviews I was expecting the worst however I have to say for the price we paid this hotel was great. We arrived on a coach of 40 lads and were met by a member of reception who gave us our keys without any hassle. Room was clean and tidy as was bathroom. At the end of the day all we wanted was a clean room and a nice breakfast which was exactly what we got. The staff were good and friendly and helped me when ever I needed something. As a real ale fan the bar was not for me but it appeared well stocked and the lads said it was ok. We got a taxi from reception for a fiver to Blackpool near the tower and had a great night in the Wetherspoons and The Mitre great beer and great staff. Back to the Castle at 1ish and the bar was open and sat and chatted with the lads no pressure no hassle we rifted off about 3ish.
Breakfast Sunday was great loads of it and fresh and good staff keeping on top of the tables.
All in all I would say this is a great place for what we did, I wouldn't take my wife & kids here but I certainly do feel it has had a raw deal on here.'

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wishy57
Ireland
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights as part of a conference. I read the reviews here before I left and was anxious when I arrived. After a quick check-in, I immediately went to my room and it was very clean. The room was very dated and very small - so much so, that I had to move the chair as there wasn't walking room if I left the chair where it was. There was a double bed which made for a poor nights sleep and some old pieces of furniture in my room, with an old tv also. I looked out over the car park. There was a Jacuzzi bath in my room but I didn't try it. The shower was powerful so I had a good start to the day. Going for breakfast there was a reasonable atmosphere in the Castle restaurant and the food was just about edible. Coffee was awful to be honest. Again, the restaurant was very dated.

There is a small lift around the corner from reception and it was very slow. Getting to my room on the 1st floor, took me through several sets of doors up and down steps, with narrow corridors. If people have mobility issues, I can see problems arising. There is just enough room for one person at a time, to wheel luggage to your room, the corridors are that narrow. There was a strong smell of bleach when a guy was cleaning the floor in the bar area and the exhibition centre is very old and with old carpets located everywhere. It seems that the hotel has been given a deep-clean.

The overriding feeling is that this hotel needs a complete overhaul/renovation - in terms of getting it modernized for comfort but also for space.

I would like to compliment the staff who were very helpful on all occasions. The tram outside is very useful and there is an ATM close by. The location is a bit north of Blackpool so there is always the option of a taxi.

I would not stay here again unless it was totally renovated. I heard comments from people I know who stayed at the Hilton Blackpool & they wouldn't recommend the Hilton either. I took a taxi down to the far end of the Blackpool and there were lots of closed hotels/b&b's

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Second stay here in an accessible room. First room was too small for the wheelchair so they moved us. Very scruffy in the block we were in - Windsor - I think it was.
Was nice and quite, midweek. Food is always good - buffet style. Staff are brilliant and really look after you. Husband has gluten free diet and there was sufficient choice for him.
The cabaret is excellent.. good singers and dancers... starts at 10 though as they do the Metropole first.

Room Tip: If you dont like your room ask to change. Staff are very accommodating.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EdwinaA
Barnsley
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Was very surprised when we arrived at the hotel after reading several reviews. Arrived on 17 December 2013 for 2 nights. We had Christmas dinner the first night with crackers and party hats it was brill. Day after was boxing day and that was good as well. Food was brilliant, staff nice and friendly and we met some brilliant people, Bernard and his daughter Sharon, Julie, Gary and Julie's Mum. Elvis impersonator on Boxing Day not the best but good on him for entertaining, all this was for £69.00 per person what more do you want? Jacuzzi bath which was fab couldn't fault a thing. Moaners go and pay for 5 star if that is what you want.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple