“Such a shame” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #71 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Such a shame”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

This hotel was obviously once a jewel in the crown but is now neglected & dirty. The saving grace is the majority of the staff are friendly & will try to help out where they can. Reception staff managed to accommodate our room request even though hotel was busy with a large conference. Chris one of the bar staff did everything with a smile on his face & looked after our party of 60+ on a reunion. The food is not good powdered eggs for breakfast, frozen veg bought in desserts (know this as I saw them being wheeled in). We will be back next year for the company but would ideally like to see some improvement in the decor, food etc. I would not like to spend a week at this hotel.

Room Tip: No room great but ask for sea view at least you won't be looking out over containers or brick wa...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,458)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed here a few times it is fantastic value for money I paid $25 pound for a twin room with breakfast for two people the place does need a refurb but if you can get the same deal for less than 50 think you have done well but if your fussy don't stay here !!!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Graham200963
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

HI stayed for sat night booked a good cheap deal 2 people bed breakfast evening meal only £60
so I do understand you get what you pay for so I was not expecting much
I paid an extra £10 for an executive room which the booking department for Britannia hotels told me it was a much bigger room with chairs etc. and a sea view arrived at 3 in afternoon nice big car park got my room key to find a couple of people pissed up asleep in the corridor 1 person kicking the bedroom door next door , I went back to reception explained what was going on said I need another room as I bear to think what it will be like at midnight .the girl never flinched like it must be a normal occurrence, gave me another executive room
3m x 3m oldest furniture and tv you can imagine threads hanging of carpet window looking on to a wall whirlpool bathroom the old type without the self draining pump where when you turn it on all the muck and smell comes from previous bathers. Cracked sink health and safety hazard in my books breakfast not good . never again

Room Tip: great if your with your mates on a stag night etc. You will be able to carry on without been told of...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrmbest

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have never stayed in a hotel this bad in my life I would not stay there even if I was offered a free week stay the hotel is so dirty you would need to bleach your self from head to toe the smell out of the swiming pool wasn't normal it was like a contaminated area when it was open or working the rooms was so cold we needed 4 layers to sleep with to even get warm and the food o my days the food is so fowl they must just keep reheating it & serving it the staff is so rude I got a drink from the bar & the glass had lipstick on it I have never ever had a experience like it I could right a SA on how bad it really is 10 reviews wouldn't cover it ‼️‼️

• Stayed March 2014
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Receptionist Joy was a Joy, she got me a good room, it was small but near the lift as I didn't get my Mobility scooter out of the car, so she got me a room at I was able to walk to quite well , the evening meal was Lovely My room was a single and very small but had a double bed but was lovely it does have olde worlde furniture but I love it and for the price it was great , yes the Norbreck is a little run down but the staff are wonderful, and if it was done up to what some peoples reviews wanted it would cost an arm and a leg to stop there I like the Norbreck I shall stay there again , always when I visit Blackpool .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank DeeDee5by5
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Huge imposing building straight out of 1978. Check in smooth & quick, room a good size.

Bathroom and beds spotless however a stale smell in room. Being on the 3rd floor was hoping for a nice view, unfortunately I had a yard with storage containers, pallets and broken furniture.

Food was clearly of the lower end, pretty bland. Staff were all very friendly and efficient.

Hotel is very tired, however I believe the prices reflect that, such a pity as I'm sure in its day it was the place to be, brittania would need to spend millions to being it up to scratch. Would I stay here again? NOT A CHANCE! However this is no reflection on the staff, more on the greedy hotel chain unwilling to invest.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Michele M
Aberystwyth, Wales, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Saw the reviews on here and thourght oh no ... Went as part of a buisiness trip , the hotel does have a few bits that need renovating but it isn't that bad . Bedroom was perfectly serviceable , all the necessary bits and the shower was lovely . I had a problem with the room being too hot but I like very very cold rooms and the hotel staff managed to get the heating to my part turned off so it was ok. The food was very nice ( ok the tea sachets in the room were vile ) and really well seasoned. Most of all the staff were really lovely , which is the best thing about a buisiness ... Especially the lovely chambermaids doing the room cleanings , the lady doing my floor was lovely , friendly and so helpfull. I was expecting awfulness as I read the reviews on here , I was really pleasantly surprised

Room Tip: The rooms are in maze like corridors , take a good note of your room number and room 525 is lovely
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business