I have to start by saying, this hotel was a lot furthr out from the main Blackpool than I thought. But, I must say, for this one night it was ideal. It was in a quieter location and no nusance about. The extra mile was worth it.
Upon arrival, it took a little while to get booked in, but it was very busy. Staff were very explanitory about where rooms were located. We made it to our room and we were only on a standard double room, so we did not expect too much. Unfortuately this proved to be true. The room was small, but, like I say this was a cheap booking we had. I could hav ecoped with the room, the only let down for me ws the window. Unfortunately I am a woman going through a particular time of life and I need the good old cold air (sod the husband). But this room had a very small window. It was like a bathroom window and it opened slightly into a gulley not into the air. So, knowing that i would be swimming in my own sweat if I stayed in here, i went to reception. I asked reception if they had a fan for the night or another room and explained my situation. The young girl said please stay here while I check. She returne dwithi a minute with a key for another room and said we could go look at it before we took it. It was on the 5th floor, but I was willing to take a chance the room would be more sutiable. It was. It was a family room and had 3 opening windows plus an extra one in the bathroom. This was more like it. so I would like to say thank you Norbreck for accomodating me when you did not have to. Thank you. We were a little worried about meal times, with the hotel being so big, we thought there would be ques, delays etc. But, I have to say, they have it all worked out to a tee. They knew what they were doing and all was good. The only negative I have to say is, the hotel is looking old and dreary in places, a lot of room not used. Maybe creat some child playing areas in the rooms/corridors that are redundant?. But most of all, can you please try and fit a few more lifts.
Thanks for a great weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Norbreck Castle Hotel is a fun and vibrant enviroment especially at weekends and during holiday periods. The Hotel overlooks the seafront on the North Shore, and is close to Blackpools' major attractions and entertainment. This stunning Castle like hotel offers a warm welcome to the famous Seaside Resort of Blackpool.The hotel has 480 bedrooms, many with sea views that offer a comfortable and relaxing stay. All tastefully decorated, rooms are en-suite and offer TV, Telephone, Hairdryer and Tea & Coffee making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Norbreck Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norbreck Castle Blackpool
- Norbreck Hotel
- Hotel Norbreck Castle
- Norbreck Castle Hotel Blackpool
- Castle Hotel Norbreck