“Room with no window,”

Ranked #69 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Room with no window,”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here before with no complaints. However, this time we had a room with no window but a dome skylight that did not open, too high anyway.
It was very hot due to the heatwave and we stuck it for two nights with no sleep and more water in the bed than the bath due to the heat that was in the room.
I went down on the 3rd morning to explain the situation and was greeted by an elderly receptionist who told me after I explained said that we could not change as the hotel, all 450plus rooms. I asked if we could borrow a fan and she said, no, against the rules and they did not have one anyway.
I got so wound up thinking of the heat I said to my wife I would rather sleep in the car. However, she said ask again and this time there was a lovely young lady on reception when we returned who said they had empty rooms available and she would change us no problem. She gave us a room with 3 big windows, although only one opened it was enough to be cool and get some sleep. That is all it took to save me from the car. So I would say, request a room with a window, cos they have some without, although I guess the winter it would be fine. It is a good place to stay though, and I guess we will again.

Room Tip: Get one with a window in the summer months.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,489)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Disappointed. Fancy building, not so fancy inside. Old fashioned furniture, peeling wallpaper & miles from the centre of town. Musty smell by the lift. There are much more attractive and cheaper B & Bs, in better locations too.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Annie L

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Blackwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

What a disappointment this was, really surprised how poor the state of the hotel was given its part of the Britannia group. Stayed at their hotels previously this one is a disgrace from the smell to the disinterested staff

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

In our first room 811 the shower was broken and the view from our window was of a brick wall three feet away. Our second room 851 was also basic but the linen was clean and well serviced, again the view from our window was of a plastic panelled wall ten feet away.

The TV was rather old but did work.

The Castle buffet restaurant is rather large and the layout is not user friendly, negotiating between the dining tables is very bad (my wife did bump her replacement knee on a chair which was sticking out, not near a table) Expect queues at the door and at the buffet, to be fair the breakfasts and main meals are ok, but the soups and deserts are poor.

Room Tip: Ask a few questions before you book.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Where do I start?! After checking in me and my best friend were almost sick upon realising we'd been stuck with a smokers room, without being asked. The food was terrible and the room was filthy, the view was awful and the smell was revolting. Rooms are incredibly over priced and very basic. The television was old without freeview with only access to 3 channel which were bad quality. I would recommend this hotel to people aged 65+ who have never been on holiday before. The beds were uncomfortable and the pillows horrible. The towels felt like they were made from razor blades and due to a lack of ventilation when you have a shower it gets very steamy and hot which in hot weather with no AC doesn't help the situation. Free parking was a bonus however don't rely on it as it's very very busy at times. Upon arrival my friend fell over in the doorway due to a broken metal drain which lots of people were complaining about, hours later it was taped over with ducktape. Never again. Next time I go to Blackpool I'll definitely be staying somewhere else of a higher quality for a lesser price.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank johnmooore
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Booked for a 2 nighter for me and my partner.had read the reviews and wasnt expecting much and true to form.not much cop.i had a double executive.bathroom was clean room very small.my missus is pregent and we both woke up with bad backs.rock solid.
Breakfast was like a cattle market couldnt get moved.we didnt eat much. The next morning we didnt go back just went to weatherspoons.staff are very pleasant though.all in all.you get what you pay for.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel for one night on 19th July.
Hotel was very busy on arrival as there was a cheerleading competition in the area and lots of families were staying at the hotel.
Despite this checking in was completed pretty quickly and was allocated a room on the ground floor.

The hotel is very large and is dated inside but because of the size to upgrade it would cost major major money and it probably will never happen.

The room was dated and basic but it done the job.
The breakfast in the morning was buffet style and I have obviously had much better breakfasts but again it filled a hole.

The hotel is around 4 miles from Blackpool Central but there is a tram stop outside the hotel and you get to the tower for 2 pounds.

For the money I paid I would stay in the hotel again but probably just for the one night.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends