“Got potential but wont stay again!”

Norbreck Castle Hotel
Ranked #68 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This place is huge, outside areas need tlc and a cleaner, inside reception is messy and needs a renovation most definatley, our room was fine only complaint was tv needs to be on wall as not all could watch on cabinet once in bed! Didnt stay for breakfast...swimming was good, pools clean and changing areas tidy too, staff were friendly apart from one girl at the bar :/ wont book again though too far out from main attractions even if we did get the tram!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (6,156)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We're do I start after a very grumpy and unacceptable receptionist we proceed to our room on floor three opened drawers to find Pringles scattered around the drawer also crumbs and the wall paper was peeling off we went to reception and we spoke to the woman about our room and we wanted a refund she went to see the manager and the manager gave us a refund without even checking our room we got the money back would never go back

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed at norbreck must off been gypsies week full off Irish not that I'm against them as I'm half Irish but I was expecting the car park to be tarmacked over night . Massive hotel 480 rooms with one lift that's if you can get in it with all the Zimmer frames. I felt so young . The entertainment must ov had one cd on repeat all night I think i know know the words now to this song . Breakfast is pretty good you can have as much as you like as long as you don't like meat in your sausages as there ain't any . But otherwise ok. And mind the steps leaving the hotel you might trip over the litter I don't think they have a cleaner for outside . And the tv in the room omg I think I seen one on Antique roadshow it was so old mind you if it worked it would be better . No channel 5 either

2  Thank mike b
Reviewed 24 July 2014

should have stopped 3 days,in end ran away after two.best thing road away from hotel,nothing at all good have seen better uncared public toilets.eat food at your risk,sleep in bed sheets been on for months,bring your own bulbs,unless you walk round room/cell in the dark.would tell everyone run a mile.

Room Tip: use another hotel
Reviewed 23 July 2014

staying here is well worth the money the hotel has lots to do swimming hairdresser and lots more it has a cinema copper jacks for watching the football when its on a cafe for a quick snack night time bingo. come and join the fun you wont regret it

Room Tip: higher floor are quieter.older people or the disabled would need lower floors
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Joyce C
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here before with no complaints. However, this time we had a room with no window but a dome skylight that did not open, too high anyway.
It was very hot due to the heatwave and we stuck it for two nights with no sleep and more water in the bed than the bath due to the heat that was in the room.
I went down on the 3rd morning to explain the situation and was greeted by an elderly receptionist who told me after I explained said that we could not change as the hotel, all 450plus rooms. I asked if we could borrow a fan and she said, no, against the rules and they did not have one anyway.
I got so wound up thinking of the heat I said to my wife I would rather sleep in the car. However, she said ask again and this time there was a lovely young lady on reception when we returned who said they had empty rooms available and she would change us no problem. She gave us a room with 3 big windows, although only one opened it was enough to be cool and get some sleep. That is all it took to save me from the car. So I would say, request a room with a window, cos they have some without, although I guess the winter it would be fine. It is a good place to stay though, and I guess we will again.

Room Tip: Get one with a window in the summer months.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Disappointed. Fancy building, not so fancy inside. Old fashioned furniture, peeling wallpaper & miles from the centre of town. Musty smell by the lift. There are much more attractive and cheaper B & Bs, in better locations too.

• Stayed: July 2014