“Avoid at all cost”

Ranked #69 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Avoid at all cost”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We had the misfortune to spend two nights at norbreck hotel. The seaview room we were given 158 pounds for two nights b&b and evening meal. The double room had a tiny window with one wobbly chair, mold stain on wallpaper,tiny single beds and un clean. We immediatly went to complain and were given the keys to another room,although as equally dated and unclean,at least this room had two chairs! Being tired from the driving we stayed although not happy. The evening meal,buffet style was poor and staff extremely rude. I asked the chief who was putting out food if there was any food for vegetarians and he snarled "ask the waiter"
breakfast just has bad,soggy toast piled high and barely toasted, only tomatoes and beans for veggies.
entertainment in hotel rubbish,fleas aplenty in bar and lounge areas.
wont be returning, packing to go home was a relief

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank d20mrs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,487)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have never had the misfortune of staying somewhere so disgusting in my life, what a dirty horrible hotel. The rooms hadn't been cleaned on arrival (not sure they had been cleaned in a good while if I am honest) I cannot decided what was the worst part of the room the food/vomit ground into the floor, the toilet that could have given you a disease just looking at it, the dead insects on the bed, or the nice yellow stain when pulling back the bed sheets and that's just a few of the problems. So they cleaned our room for us but apparently that was all they could do no discount offered we had paid £320 for 2 nights in two rooms yet thanks to the dirty cups and spoons couldn't even make a cup of tea!!! Bags out of the bin lay in the corridors from when we arrived to when we left (Friday to Sunday) the lift smelt like a public toilet and the three chairs that are situated by the lifts look like they have been used as a public toilet I have never seen anything like it in my life. The outside grounds were just as messy with pizza/takeaway boxes strewn everywhere plus cigarette butts not once did I see a member of staff attempting to clean up. Also the roof leaks which results in water dripping through the light fittings which the staff didn't seem to see as a problem. I would advise anyone to avoid the breakfasts too. If I hadn't been here as part of a group for a wedding I would have demanded my money back and ran for my life! Don't be fooled by their website where it states the rooms where carefully refurbished in 2005 the place doesn't look like it has been cleaned since 2005!

Room Tip: If you want a good room, simple choose another hotel! Its too late for us but save yourselves!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank diane b

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here last year in a double room sea view ( which included a rotten looking pond thing) hotel is old and really needs to be redecorated it's such a big hotel I don't think they can keep on top of things, one lift for all the floors is crazy you could be waiting 10 minutes for the lift and when it arrives it's full. Room was clean with dated furniture, TV was useless hardly any channels. Dining room is huge and always packed, food was nice but just nice. Hotel is up the far end of queens prom would be a good walk into main prom but the tram stops right outside so that was really handy

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank linda c
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We walked in on the 30th July and there was a guy arguing with a receptionist , we should have turned and walked away at this . Receptionist checked us in and made it clear she could not be bothered , we went to our room and someone's luggage was still there !! Walked down to reception only to be met with a younger receptionist with a bad attitude , no apology or assurance made that my luggage would be fine . Second room was disgusting !!! I disnt mint that it was dated , but it was filthy .. Stains on everything , hair in my bed , dust and wrappers all over the floor .. We went down to reception and asked to check out !!! We couldn't stay there we would have slept on the car and been happier , the only good thing was Nicole who gave us a full refund !! Thanks Nicole ,, and the handyman was pleasant said hi as he went about his chores of changing lightbulbs .

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Dereknj
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

For the past 10-12 years I have enjoyed stays at the Norbreck Castle every couple of years for family weekends away. Every year has been roughly a 3-4 star stay with good facilities, ok rooms, and a ok location. This time however...wow. I only stayed for a night to meet up with some family but I have to say I will more than likely never be returning again. When we arrived at the hotel it looks great from the outside as it always has, once entering the hotel it is a completely different story. Ancient furniture with holes and damage, the check in desk only had one person manning it and even when it got to us it took about 15 minutes to actually get ready to go to our rooms, the lift to the floor we were on was also full of litter. Now the best part was when we arrived at our room, the room is tiny and I mean tiny, the door actually brushed across the bed of the "Executive Double Room" as we entered, the carpet was also looked very dated and looked like it had not been hoovered in a long while, the furniture was much the same with the cupboard actually being dusty inside. The bathroom of the room was slightly better with a good pressure shower but even that the sink also had a ring of dirt and the complimentary soaps had not been changed as the packet was still lying next to the sink. Now this was the worst part, after putting our cases on the bed to unpack I went to have a look at the window which was a lovely view of a brick wall. I turned round to turn the light on to find a sock. Not my sock, not my girlfriends sock a sock that was lying in the corner of the room (picture included). I also had a family member who was staying at the same hotel and they stated that ; the toilet in their room was leaking, bins not being emptied and the most disgusting one was finding maggots below the toilet. If I had been staying for any more than one night I would have definetely have had my money refunded and looked at something else. It saddens me in some ways to say I will not return to this hotel as I have had a lot of good family memories of here previously.

Room Tip: Avoid anything that is not facing the sea as you will probably be facing a brick wall.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank dommcneary
manchester.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Noisy with kids running around everywhere.Food rubbish,and the furniture in the rooms was, to say the least, ancient,shabby and unpolished.
It took over an hour to book us in as there was only one on the desk,who was trying her best to keep things moving.
Had stopped here before,and it had certainly gone down hill since my last visit.
Had booked for 4 nights Mon-Friday morning,bed,breakfast and evening meal,but was that bad decided to go home on Wednesday.
It was a free for all,kids running amok,no cutlery,pool full of kids etc.
Perhaps wrong time of year for a quiet little break,but even so,standards had slipped tremendously.

Room Tip: I cant advise any.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank totopet
Bacup, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We booked to stay here for 3 nights but had enough after 2 and clocked out It's far too noisy, shabby, children running around like a playground. Food ok, will not be returning. will choose better next time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple