“Never stay at this hotel!!”

Norbreck Castle Hotel
Ranked #71 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I complained about the room we were staying in. Human poo on the towels. When ordered new towels there was hair all over them! Room was like a box. Hole in the wall.noise until 3:30am!! Went down to speak to a manager who had a go at me. Went to reception at night time i was called a liar by 3 staff. The manager Stewart went to hit me!! He spoke to me with lack of respect then the receptionist Lauren was being cocky and then the housekeeper Charlotte was being rude!! I want a refund I will be contacting environmental health about this

5  Thank Jamiegreenhow
There are newer reviews for Norbreck Castle Hotel

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed one night 2nd August with my wife.... This was her birthday treat hope she forgives me.
Arrived by coach and my first impression was is this a prison....... Queued up at reception like cattle. The whole place is absolutely filthy from reception up to our room 133 it didn't get any better. The room is dirty, decor I have seen better in a derelict house, think dust all over very noticeable on the telly. The bathroom well an absolute disgrace, grouting dirty, bath stained, brown stain in bottom of toilet bowl. Phone hanging off the wall. Contacted reception for an iron none available, reception staff extremely rude.
The restaurant, waiter brought over a bowl of cream coloured liquid supposed to be chicken soup. Self service main course all I can say, hospital food better. Breakfast is made up of the cheapest fattiest bacon, deep fried sausages looked like the cheapest you can buy disgusting settled for toast in the end.
Hotel was full of kids laying about all over, empty cans of pop, pizza boxes and some guests eating fish and chips in the reception area from chip shop.
This is the second time I have stayed in a Britannia Hotel and they don't get better just worse, this is beyond repair should be pulled down.
Up early Sunday one would expect to see housekeeping staff cleaning reception area oh no all the night be forces crap still on the floor.
The hotel was not chosen as it was part of a package to see Mama Mia.
Will never stay in any Britannia Hotels ever.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kevin J
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Spent a night at the hotel on 22nd July and enjoyed our stay. Room was very clean and staff very friendly.

Payed for Half board and evening meal was all you could eat, sizes of portions was more than ample. Breakfast was fantastic and good value for money.

There was Refurbishment work going on while we were there but, did not disturb us.
Only couple of bad points which was booked into twin room when we arrived instead of double we booked. Have to say though team leader called Joy was a great help in sorting this out for us and upgraded us at no extra cost. very good customer service.

Other point could have had a bit more variety for the evening meal.
Evening entertainment was brilliant and and bar staff friendly and helpful.

This hotel is good for a value short break holiday to explore blackpool and surrounding area. The furniture is a bit dated as is the decor. Perhaps not a place for people with high standards to stay.
Over all did enjoy our stay and would go back again and some friends of ours have gone there this week. I think it will look alot better when refurbishment is finished and would appeal to more people then.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simon T
Reviewed 6 August 2014

What a different place from the pictures on website place needs to be closed down we checked in given wrong room
That gave us different room was old and disgusting we went for my little girls birthday thinking of being a castle it be fab but we were so wrong kids running around swearing and parents not doing a thing got refund a
And moved to different hotel never even got a sorry from manager I would be a shamed if this was my hotel think the manager needs to take a good look of what's going in around them and see the state if place I would not even put my pets in this hotel it's that bad

3  Thank Annhamilton39
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Had an overnight stay in this hotel on the 2nd August 2014, wish we hadnt bothered !!
Over the decades have used this hotel on more than 20 occasions and cant believe how much its deteriorated. The public areas are dirty with drink cans, pizza boxes and loads of litter strewn around the outside seating area, I can remember when they used to have a gardener who actually swept the grass!! Inside wasnt much better, the public areas are dirty and worn. Our room was the size of a postage stamp that was so smelly we had to leave the window open all night which was broken anyway so we didnt really have a choice. The room walls were dirty and marked as was the chair in the room. The walls were so thin we could hear the people in the next room using the bathroom which wasnt pleasant !! The plumbing was so noisy it was un-believable. The bed looked dirty and felt damp.
We weren't told when we booked in that there was a childrens dancing competition on and the place would be over run with hundreds of kids running all over and teenagers laid on the floors in the reception areas and corridors.
The staff were not helpful, we asked to change rooms to be told the hotel was full so it was a case of like it or lump it.
The breakfast next morning was an experience, we were packed like sardines into the dining room to find the food was so bad all we could eat was the cold toast !!
I'm not generally a person who moans and always gives places the benefit of the doubt but take my advice and stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elaine H
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Enjoyed the short break we had at the Norbreck. Beds were clean although the room didn't have modern furniture but that did not stop us from enjoying our stay.
I noticed there was 4 pieces of rubbish down the passage way to our room left and the 3 days we were there the cleaners hadn't bothered to pick it up.
If it's busy you can have a problem trying to park your car. Some were left outside on the main road.
Enjoyed the breakfast with plenty of choice.
I would return for a short break again.

Room Tip: Wifi can be obtained only in the reception area
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I wasn't expecting to much an wasn't disappointed. 1st problem getting parked car park was packed. Check in was Ok, went to our room an opened door an 1st thing to hit u is the smell. The room was dirty to. The whole hotel needs a good renovation. The breakfast was so so nothing special really, the only up side was I was there for 1 nt I couldn't of stopped an longer.

1  Thank al354