“What can you expect at that price”

Norbreck Castle Hotel
Ranked #71 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Norbreck Castle...what can I say...as I drove up I thought I had arrived at Norbreck ruins as I noticed a number of broken bricks from the wall in the car park. Granted this is a cheapie but surely someone could clean the outside up a little. Overall the breakfast was good and for £35 you cannot really complain. The room was very very dated and my wife refused to even have a shower in the hotel..thankfully we were only there for 1 night and we will not be returning.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Norbreck Castle Hotel

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Very disgusted in this hotel! Such a run down place that needs a lot of time spent on it!!
So dirty and disgusting!! I bet a lot of the b and b's are higher standard than this so called hotel!!
Room was filthy, thick dust on the skirting boards, dust and muck all over the carpet, stains all over the duvet and bed sheets, wall paper hanging off, mould on walls, bathroom sink and toilet seat dirty, shower head and curtain covered in mould. Stairs and corridors dirty,food. And dirt all over the floor and not hoovered up after days.
Breakfast was awful,cheap nasty food! Waterdown juice!
Would defiantly not reccomend and will defiantly not stay again!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NF872014
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The first family room we were allocated was dirty, however the very helpful receptionist moved us straight away. This room was clean and had a large jacuzzi bath.

The hotel is tired, and I imagine was once very grand.

The evenings entertainment was enjoyable, we watched a musical and swing review.

My children enjoyed the pool (£2), however one morning it was full and we couldn't get in.

The breakfast was very average, and served buffet style. One morning there was a short queue to get in.

We enjoyed our holiday here and my small children loved running around the castle.

The tram stop is directly outside, and it took about 10-15 minutes to get to central pier.

Walking into blackpool centre would probably take 30-45 minutes.

There is ample free parking.

Bar prices are reasonable for a hotel with happy hours.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank minkypip
Reviewed 13 August 2014

It's alright banging on in these reviews about 'you get what you pay for' ... as a young couple in our 20s we have stayed here a number of times and have to say this time will be our last. It's never been the cleanest of hotels but this time the whole place was filthy. The breakfast was never great but we were treated to watered down orange juice, fat instead of bacon and cold sausages, the restaurant is also filthy. The bar staff are as miserable as sin, shouldnt work in hospitality if you are in capable of a smile. The room was filthy. The hallways were filthy, the same tissue lay on the stairs all weekend. The pool now charges for entry so the hotel has a cheek to claim it has a pool, the pool was...you guessed it, filthy! Such a shame because we used it like it here. Absoloute dump, needs pulling down and rebuilding!

Room Tip: Book a different hotel with hygiene standards
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pamela R
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Booked for myself, partner and 2 year old as a last minute thing for one night on the weekend. Stayed in room 188. The bathroom had equipment in place for wheelchair bound guests, could have done with a good clean. There was hair blocking up the shower (which I wouldn't use) the cups and glasses provided in the room was dirty. We had a camp bed in the room which I decided to fold away for the safety of my son, when I lifted it there was a crisp bag and empty juice bottle under it. The view was awful over looking an empty pond ( well empty of water) full if rubbish. Drinks at the bar was quite expensive for such a shabby hotel £7.50 for a pint a small (dirty glass) of wine. Best thing about breakfast was the tea and juice. The toast was that hard i nearly broke my teeth on it (maybe not but it was pretty dam hard). Bacon was misfits and sausages was just the cheap crap you would expect in a hotel like this. Beans was ok tho I suppose :/. Tram and bus service right outside. Wouldn't stay again for a family get away maybe if I was going for a night out and needed somewhere to sleep last min. But hygiene here is very very poor.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Lilmisspee
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I found this hotel very entertaining and the staff where very helpful. I stayed for 3 nights in room 285 which was clean and great for the price I couldn't complain.
The hotel is just across the road from the beach and a long stroll or quick tram ride to Blackpool Tower.
Breakfast was brilliant, hot and plenty of it, couldn't fault it. Staff where on the ball.
I have to thank the very handsome manager who helped me jump start my car on my departure (sunday) in the pouring down rain. Thank you very much you really did go the extra mile... :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Laura R
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We booked for a two night stay at short notice but wouldn't advise staying for longer than that. The best part of the stay was the bed and how well we slept, apart from that it was severe let down. Although it was a very busy hotel, there does not seem enough staff and the upkeep of the overall hotel is a severe let down. We were on the first floor with offer of either lift or stairs to reach it. We arrived late in the evening and had to wait to check in due to a small queue and only one receptionist, the people in front of us all had complaints concerning their room. Our room was a double, sea view room which was lovely; the bed faced the window so you could just sit there and look out the window. It was a small room, the TV was old and had only 5 channels with very poor signal. The bathroom was very small and not the best up kept. The shower dripped constantly and the wash basin was in the main bedroom itself. Walls of the hotel are very thin and we could hear the rooms on either side of us talking and tv sound. We booked as bed and breakfast, the breakfast is a buffet style with full english choices as well as fruit and cereal. The choice was quite limited but still enjoyable. The staff could not seem less interested if they tried to be completely honest. There is good facilities such as a gym, a cinema, a swimming pool and sauna as well as two in house restaurants and good parking. There is a bus stop and tram stop located just outside the hotel and what a beautiful setting that surrounds the hotel... shame about the hotel overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room, I believe they are slightly bigger and at least you'll have a nice view...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple