“avoid at all cost”

Norbreck Castle Hotel
Ranked #67 of 69 Hotels in Blackpool
“avoid at all cost”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Booked here for 2 nights as a last minute booking, firstly there was hardly any signage to locate us to our room, no cllear fire exit signs nothing. Upon arriving to our room we were disgusted with the cleanliness of the room, dirty marks all over the walls and bedding, looked like it had never seen a duster or hoover. No signage in the room to tell us about breakfast times, whats on in the hotel etc. After a busy day we arrived back to the room really tired and just needed to get some sleep but was kept awake by people running up and down the corridoors, doors banging, felt like they was gonna come through the ceiling. The only reason I gave this a 2 rating is because reception moved us to another room which was more clean and quiet, but overall I would avoid this hotel like the plague.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LoopyLouC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,507)
  • Polish first
Elgin
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel one night and believe me that was too long, rooms very dated, poor cleanliness. Couldn't bring myself to have a shower because there was hair in the bath so I doubt it had been cleaned since it was last occupied. AWFUL!!!

• Stayed August 2014

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Norbreck Castle...what can I say...as I drove up I thought I had arrived at Norbreck ruins as I noticed a number of broken bricks from the wall in the car park. Granted this is a cheapie but surely someone could clean the outside up a little. Overall the breakfast was good and for £35 you cannot really complain. The room was very very dated and my wife refused to even have a shower in the hotel..thankfully we were only there for 1 night and we will not be returning.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Very disgusted in this hotel! Such a run down place that needs a lot of time spent on it!!
So dirty and disgusting!! I bet a lot of the b and b's are higher standard than this so called hotel!!
Room was filthy, thick dust on the skirting boards, dust and muck all over the carpet, stains all over the duvet and bed sheets, wall paper hanging off, mould on walls, bathroom sink and toilet seat dirty, shower head and curtain covered in mould. Stairs and corridors dirty,food. And dirt all over the floor and not hoovered up after days.
Breakfast was awful,cheap nasty food! Waterdown juice!
Would defiantly not reccomend and will defiantly not stay again!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NF872014
yorkshire
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The first family room we were allocated was dirty, however the very helpful receptionist moved us straight away. This room was clean and had a large jacuzzi bath.

The hotel is tired, and I imagine was once very grand.

The evenings entertainment was enjoyable, we watched a musical and swing review.

My children enjoyed the pool (£2), however one morning it was full and we couldn't get in.

The breakfast was very average, and served buffet style. One morning there was a short queue to get in.

We enjoyed our holiday here and my small children loved running around the castle.

The tram stop is directly outside, and it took about 10-15 minutes to get to central pier.

Walking into blackpool centre would probably take 30-45 minutes.

There is ample free parking.

Bar prices are reasonable for a hotel with happy hours.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank minkypip
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

It's alright banging on in these reviews about 'you get what you pay for' ... as a young couple in our 20s we have stayed here a number of times and have to say this time will be our last. It's never been the cleanest of hotels but this time the whole place was filthy. The breakfast was never great but we were treated to watered down orange juice, fat instead of bacon and cold sausages, the restaurant is also filthy. The bar staff are as miserable as sin, shouldnt work in hospitality if you are in capable of a smile. The room was filthy. The hallways were filthy, the same tissue lay on the stairs all weekend. The pool now charges for entry so the hotel has a cheek to claim it has a pool, the pool was...you guessed it, filthy! Such a shame because we used it like it here. Absoloute dump, needs pulling down and rebuilding!

Room Tip: Book a different hotel with hygiene standards
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Pamela R
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Booked for myself, partner and 2 year old as a last minute thing for one night on the weekend. Stayed in room 188. The bathroom had equipment in place for wheelchair bound guests, could have done with a good clean. There was hair blocking up the shower (which I wouldn't use) the cups and glasses provided in the room was dirty. We had a camp bed in the room which I decided to fold away for the safety of my son, when I lifted it there was a crisp bag and empty juice bottle under it. The view was awful over looking an empty pond ( well empty of water) full if rubbish. Drinks at the bar was quite expensive for such a shabby hotel £7.50 for a pint a small (dirty glass) of wine. Best thing about breakfast was the tea and juice. The toast was that hard i nearly broke my teeth on it (maybe not but it was pretty dam hard). Bacon was misfits and sausages was just the cheap crap you would expect in a hotel like this. Beans was ok tho I suppose :/. Tram and bus service right outside. Wouldn't stay again for a family get away maybe if I was going for a night out and needed somewhere to sleep last min. But hygiene here is very very poor.

• Stayed August 2014