Norbreck Castle Hotel
US$139
US$134
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Clifton Court Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$126
US$110
TripAdvisor
6,229 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review from the comfort of my own home and not this dump as i decided to ask for a refund after 1 night here.
From the outside the building looks very grand and when you go inside its very old fashioned, dirty and generally full of people who enjoy Blackpool as their summer holiday and probaly have only travelled 10 mins down the road.
We went to out 1st room to be met by a dark dingy twin room with rubbish in the bin full to the brim and wee in the toilet either from a cleaner having a cheeky trip or not bothering to clean it. Reception give them their due moved us immediately to a double room which was cleaner but not much better. Me and my partner both struggled to stand up in the room at the same time ans if the toilet door was open you would have to clamber over a chair into the bed. Curtains were made out of some kind of mattress material for incontinent people...a scrap of tattered net covered the window, the sheet had holes in it and the quilt was like lying under a lead itchy blanket on a concrete slab. The only saving grace was a small bath with a jacuzzi option. If i hadnt of been so exhausted id have rang another hotel there and then. After watching a portable TV older than me i eventually nodded off. To be woken several times in the night by a bunch of loud drunk chavs arguing on the corridor. This continued several times throughout the night and then from about 6am i heard hairdryers, 100s of slamming doors and again more jeremy kyle extras having domestics. Didnt even bother with the breakfast, swiftly demanded a refund for the 2nd night and drove away as fast as i could.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Kate L
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Just returned from a 5 day break at this hotel.....all I can say is the staff are great and very friendly but the hotel needs to be knocked down and rebuilt as it is too big to update...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't book in the first place!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sara B
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

When we arrived the first thing that caught our attention was the smell in the lobby next was the uninterested staff.we checked into our rooms which were very old fashioned and not particularly clean.when entering the other party's room the stench was terrible so we asked to move rooms which they did straight away.during the night the wind rattled the windows and door of our room all night and we could also hear absolutely everything in the room next door and above.!!!This hotel definitely needs to be refurbished from top to bottom and I have no idea how it is rated 3 star will not be staying again.

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

So walk in the hotel its already smell and faling aparts. Pay at reception cash after a massive que. Went to my room discuasting smelly hostels have better condition.
Went back to get my money back staff was rude ignorant. Couse we book from some online service they made us phone tham when i pass the phone to tham they say they dont alow to speack on the phone with anyone this company neex to phone tham i stay on the line but in fronylt of me they speacialy dont pick up the phone lady from that company what i phone send a email to tham with cancelation. I call manager witch came and start shouting on me teling me that they have thousands of emails and they dont have time to check tham all.
I ask him for his email he start to write it like a mong so i cant understand anything i ask him write it in capital so after 2 hours i get my money back they made me stay in que 3 times pretending that they are to busy.NEVER EVER SEE ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN MY LIFE THIS PLACE SHOOD BE CLOSED. AND I AM FROM RUSSIA WHERE SERVICE ISNT THE BEST. HOREBLE STINKING HOTEL WITH UNBELIEVEBLY ROOD DISCUASTING STAFF.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank xsavax
Reviewed 28 August 2014

To the people who havet left terrible reviews yday , you are really overdramatic.We left today aftr a 2 night stay.inc breakfast with my 2 kids. We arrived and yes Ritz it aint but with regards to the staff , they were outstanding everywhere . Nothing was 2 much trouble. The breakfasts more than made up for any initial disappointment. The breakfast staff were excellent as were the reception staff. Absolutely the place could do with a damn good cleaning (windows, mirrors,doors,into the nittygritty)and new carpets thru-out as well as ensuring the vending machines are kept filled up, also the kerb appeal needs 2b made more appeali.g and the whole place needs repainting. But , apart from that, its outstanding vfm. The rooms cud do with having lighter coloured furniture but thats a personal pref, v spanish lol. It is excellent value for money, I've stopped in Pontins Southport lol, the Norbreck is 5star compared to that. They just need to employ a load of painters and cleaners but you cannot justifiably fault the staff or the rooms or the food and at the end of the day, its a base isnt it? to get into Blackpool etc.

• Stayed: August 2014