Hilton Blackpool Hotel
US$83
Agoda.com
US$125
4,401 results
All reviewssea viewsauna and steam roomfamily roomper dayrestaurant stafftram stopleisure facilitiesbuffet stylebreakfast was excellentsea frontenjoyable staybar areaself servicestayed for one nightnorth piershort breaktown centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2011

To be honest I was a bit worried about booking this hotel going by previous reviews but we wanted to stay on the seafront just out of town and have a room with a sea view (the building's designed so that most of the rooms have windows directed towards the sea) and it's always a treat to have a swim and sauna before breakfast so it seemed to tick all the right boxes. As it goes it suited us just fine. The room was comfortable enough, staff more than friendly and the breakfast well worth paying extra for - plenty of choice and variety (including haggis), non stop coffee and juice, no pressure to eat up and go like alot of B & B's - in fact it goes on till 11.00! We also enjoyed the carvery in there on the first night for a very reasonable price paid in advance although I got a bit confused about what food was on offer for our discount.

Actually my one complaint would be the lack of information initially given to you. It took us till the second day to find the bar and although breakfast times are posted up in the lift and the spa area times in the spa, it would have been really nice to have a welcome pack in the room to have all this at hand rather than feel you've got to find it out for yourself.

To be honest If I hadn't known that the hotel was being refurbished beforehand I would've been shocked by it's condition particularly our room and the spa area. It's not that they were untidy and dirty just well overdue updating and repair and seeing that there is a refurbishment programme going on it seems a bit churlish to complain about it. Plus it was fine for the price we paid - I might have had issue if we paid full whack though but then hopefully we would have been given an updated room.

Room Tip: Book dinner in advance to get discount.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I stay at the Blackpool Hilton twice a year and always enjoy it.What a bargain price compared to the London Hiltons. I mostly arrive early at about 8-30 am and the room is always ready for me. A nice sea view and good bathroom.Flat screen TV large bed.
The breakfast is amazing and fills you for the day.They serve you orange juice and coffee and you help yourself to rolls,fresh fruit,and the full English.
Dinner at night is also good.They serve you soup,and you help yourself to the carvery and sweets.
All the staff from the reception,restaurant and house keeping are friendly.This hotel is quite simply fantastic.I will return again and again.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2011

The biggest room I had ever seen. First time my boyfriend has stayed in a hotel and he was amazed. Me and my little brother where like "Wow, this is posh!". David (my dad) booked us in and the hotel staff were so nice. Honestly, we were amazed. They even offered to take our bags for us! But we said it was fine. We couldn't help being a bit shy in the lift with people in designer clothes and buisness suites. When we got to our room it was clean and comfortable, the double bed was massive! My little brother and David slept in that and my boyfriend and I slept in the bunk beds, which were already set up for us.
Bathroom was amazing, They give you a shaving kit, soap, shampoo, shower cap, body wash, mouth wash and even a sewing kit! I ave always wanted a sewing kit and I took it home. Tea and coffee facilites in the room, with a wide range to choose from.
Food was amazing. You got up and got what you wanted. You could even toast your own bread! Staff were very kind. My boyfriend dropped his toast by accident and a member of staff was kind and saw the funny side of it.
The hotel is across the road from local shops, where me and my boyfriend went to get some cola.
The only downside is that the windows are really dirty.
Looking forward till staying the 3rd time!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
PA_HiltonBlackpool, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2011

We are so pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your 2nd Hilton Experience and enjoyed all of the hotel services and facilities and the staff provided a great service for you. We look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay.

Reviewed 29 June 2011

I would never visit this hotel again, what a mess. The hotel is basically a travel lodge, one of the old and dirty ones at that. The room is of a normal size and has 1970 decor. The facilities are poor, the internet connection is wired and the beds are hard. As you walk around the hotel you notice that the soft furnishings are ripped and the carpets and furniture is very worn.

The lift is impressive and nice!, the restraint and the bar is also very nice!.

The car park is a mess and arriving I couldn't believe we had booked this, from the outside it looks like a building site.

Someone said all rooms have sea views, THEY DO NOT, how this would be possible when the hotel has rooms on both side of the corridor baffles me, this person must have been staying on Blackpool island, not the Blackpool that I know.

During our stay we were allocated the wrong room. Last night we stayed at The Big Blue Hotel, I recommend this hotel 100%, its 100x better than this Hilton. You expect a certain standard with Hilton and I would say this has been built for its bar and fitness suite.

Please don't bother booking there is a Travel Lodge for 19.00 further down the road and it's closer to the attractions.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank SarahPowell

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay particulary the room you occupied. We are undergoing a bedroom refurbishment programme so that we may bring all of our rooms up to the same standard, including a change of our internet provider which will provide a much speedier and efficent internet service for all of our guests. Our lounge, restaurant areas have already been refurbished, and all the barriers on the car park have been renewed this week. Our Livingwell lesiure centre has recently upgraded the faciltiies with the inclusion of a 24 hour gym, and the mens and ladies changing faciltites are currently being upgraded. The larger family rooms are situated at the rear of the hotel and do not all have a sea view but provide much more space for the family. I do hope you will return on a future occasion when our current refurbishment programe is complete. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 June 2011

Im told on Friday " Your off to Blackpool for a week" My initial thought was, thats going to be interesting, going through our booking agency was calmed and reassured that Hilton came up as available. You know what your going to get with a chain.

Arrive on Sunday after a 5 hour drive and a receptionist is babbling on about something, Im tired and nod. No information about what facilities are available when and where the bar/restaurant are.

Hilton central reservations always get the booking conditions wrong. So my allowance of £30 was only to be used on food! Ill be the size of an elephant if I spend that much. Spend 20 minutes arguing with front of house and then showing my booking confirmation to get served a drink at the bar.

Arrive at my room, Tired, dirty room, dirty curtains, TV being held up by a shelf that is at such an angle you darent move the TV for fear of it allling off. A huge crack going from top to bottom in the room door. Some strange looking appliance that has diffusion written on it, but doesnt seem to have any purpose. (perhaps someone can enlighten me as to what it is) Shower held together by white silicone. No Air con, no internet in rooms, which in these days is unforgivable for a hotel touting business travellers.

I am constantly amazed that hotels like Hilton have a fantastic 3G service outside the hotel. The moment you walk through the door the 3G service dissapears and you are trapped with very little phone coverage. So trying to use a smart phone is painfully slow.

Im 6'4 and always struggle with hotel shower rooms. This was unforgivable, im bending over at a 90 degree angle to shower.

Food very good, not very clear as to what you are expected to do. I think you get charged £5 for a soup and the £10 for everything else you may want to eat???

I think that Hilton Blackpool has seen its hey day. Its confused, It doesnt know if its catering for holiday makers or business travellers. Business travellers do not want to be sat next to tables of screaming babies.

Im coming back again next week and will be choosing another hotel. Probably will be cheaper with much better service

Room Tip: Plenty of other choices available locally
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank goldguy74

Please accept our sincere apologies you were disappointed with your stay. We do have King size double beds available on request. The hotel also caters for families as well as business guests however during the summer holidays there are lots more children in house. We are hoping to continue with our bedroom and bathroom refurbishment programme as soon as business levels permit to bring all of our rooms up to the same standard. I am so sorry we did not have a refurbished room available for you on check in to provide you with the Hilton experience you have come to expect. Staff training is an ongoing process in the hotel so that we may deliver the Hilton standard to our guests at all times. I am so sorry on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your feedback.