4,583 results
All reviewssea viewsauna and steam roomper dayfamily roomrefurbished roomrestaurant stafftram stopleisure facilitiesbuffet stylesea frontbreakfast was excellentenjoyable staystayed for one nightnorth pierself serviceshort breaktown centre
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Got a good deal on the internet to include dinner bed and breakfast and if you have a good appetite the buffet style dinner with a starter a mixture of mains means an endless plates with some good deserts to follow. The accomodation is not up to the standard of other Hiltons but I guess it's not as expensive as other Hiltons. All in all a nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
PA_HiltonBlackpool, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay at a good rate, and you particularly enjoyed your
dining experience and choices available. We are hoping to restart our bedroom and bathroom refurbishment programme in the near future in order that we may update some of our bedrooms. Thank you once again for your feedback this is most important to us.

refurb

Reviewed 21 August 2011

My family of 4 spent 3 night in this hotel. To call it a Hilton is to stretch reality. The king size bed that my wife and I had was like sleeping on tree roots in the wood. My 12 year old daughters shared a pullout sofa bed that consisted of two sperate single beds. Both of these beds were brokes and when my daughters layed down the end for their feet would raise up in the air and would stay there. In the US of A this hotel would be considered a low end Days Inn.
I am a loyal Hilton customer and in no way does this property come close to the standard of any Hilton I have ever stayed at. Stay at this location at your own risk!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

I am sorry you did not enjoy your Hilton experience and you found the bed uncomfortable including the sofa beds for your daughters. I would apologise if these were not exchanged for for you. The beds are checked and replaced on a regular basis due to high business levels in the hotel. Thank you for highlighting your concerns your feedback is most important to us.

Reviewed 21 August 2011

The room itself is definetly not up to Hilton standards, but this may partly be due to lack of competition for Hotels in Blackpool, majority are B&B's. I went with Hilton because I wanted to go with a Brand I trusted as opposed to staying in someones home. The room itself really did resemble student halls, as well as this the windows were very dirty from the outside, had no minibar, and my lamp shade was falling apart. Saying this the room was clean and breakfast variety was great too. Car parking came at a cost of approx 2.50, which is OK but could definetly find parking on a side street nearby. All in all, 4/10. Would definetly not pay full price for this Hotel. Found the concierge slightly blunt and rude at times too, but apparently it was his last day and so I dont think he could've cared less!

Room Tip: ask for view of the beach
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

I was pleased to see you found the room to be clean however I was sorry to see you were disappointed with the type of accommodation and room you booked. We have varying sizes of rooms from twins to doubles, double plus, king familiy plus rooms, family suites and suites so the room type you are allocated is dependent on your requirements and what you have booked. Mini bars are available in some of the rooms but not all, again this is dependent on your booking. The windows are cleaned on a very regular basis however this is not always as often as we would like due to the sea front location and inclement weather conditons on occasions. Thank you for your feedback this is most important to to us.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Certainly the worst Hilton we've stayed in, the room was grubby, no safe, mini-bar or any sort of fridge. Service nothing special and it's not even a great location, a decent walk to the Tower into the gale that blows off the North Sea. The Buffet Breakfast and Dinner were quite ok and not bad value and I enjoyed the almost empty pool both mornings we were there.
But not again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

We were pleased to see you did enjoy the Famous Hilton Breakfast and evening dinner and you found this value for money. We are hoping to restart our bedroom and bathroom refurbishment programme in the near future in order that we may bring all of our rooms up to the same standard. I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay and we did not meet your expectations. Sorry if you experienced a blustery walk into Blackpool due to inclement weather conditions however these were experienced all over the coastline at this particular time. Thank you for your feedback this is most important to us.

Reviewed 18 August 2011

This hotel has left me with a bitter taste,i shall never stay with hilton again,on arrival we were sold two carvery vouchers for dinner,i was told that i could use these to off set the bill if i wanted the al a cart menu,the waiter was very rude when i suggested this, i cound not believe this waiters aggression,as i had two young children with me,when we got back to our family room[two single beds a sofa and a cot bed all with only one pillow i found this unbelievable and unacceptable,i have never seen a family room like it ] then we found a broken light bulb under our the bed[i have a three year old this doesnt bare thinking about if she had picked it up]lastly the bathroom was dirty, with hair on the floor and a ring of dust around the back of the bath,when i went to complain i was offered a free bottle of wine,i refused come on hilton you could have done better than that.

Room Tip: dont book better hotels in the area
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family