“Lovely location for a weekend away”

Hilton Blackpool Hotel
Ranked #36 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I've stayed on a few occasions previously but this was the best yet. We booked a sea view suite which was a large room.

The room was dated and in need of a freshen up, but I guess a modernisation scheme would take some time for a large hotel. However, if the room was more modern I'd be prepared to pay more.

Dinner was a buffet, nothing special but no complaints.

Breakfast was busy but the staff were still accommodating.

Will stay again for another night at a weekend before the end of the year.

• Stayed: July 2011
PA_HiltonBlackpool, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. We will restart our bedroom and bathroom refurbishment in the near future as soon as business levels permit to update the rooms. These are done on a rolling programme and we have recently completed some of our public areas and banquet suites and leisure centre changing rooms. Thank you for your feedback this is important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Blackpool Hotel

Reviewed 23 August 2011

what was once a good hotel has gone downhill badly. Poor service, badly maintained and to cap it off they have charged my credit card for extra costs which i only found out about when i got my credit card statement.

would advise agaisnt staying here

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ggmck186338

I was concerned to see you did not enjoy your stay or receive a good service from the staff. Staff training is an ongoing process in the hotel in order that we deliver the Hilton standard to our guests at all times. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
I apologise if there was an error on your bill. This will of course be immediately rectified and reimbursed if this is incorrect if you contact the hotel direct. Thank you for your feedback this is most important to us.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

Rather unusually, one of Blackpool’s best hotels is housed within a building that would have to be one of the city’s most butt ugly (and there is stiff competition!). It is an awful looking building that not even the original architect could have loved.

When we pulled up my heart sank. After two or three horror English hotel experiences we really didn’t need this – especially not for three days! Luckily, the situation turns as soon as you cross the threshold. Phew.

As Hilton’s go it is most certainly not one of their finer properties but as Blackpool goes it is certainly one of the best hotels on offer. Some of the hotels in the town looked so dire that we actually had to take photos to show friends back home. Blackpool was an eye-opener for a tourist. Good to see once but I now understand why many younger Brits head to Spain for their holidays. The place is comparable to the beautiful Brighton minus the beauty and the charm. It really is....tacky to the extreme.

The hotel is typical of a hotel in a party, party, party holiday town. It has seen loads of traffic and accordingly, is a bit worn around the edges. The rate per night can be pretty competitive so that, in itself, makes up for some of the tiredness. Nonetheless, all in all, you should be comfortable. The beds are good, the service is good and the breakfast is excellent. The fitness centre in the basement is functional and the pool is good for a dip. Parking is free for hotel guests.

The hotel is located adjacent to the water front and is a little away from the centre of Blackpool – this isn’t a bad thing. The tram is out the front so you get into the centre quickly.

If you can, try and time your visit to see the Illuminations display that runs for several months each year. We timed ours by accident and it was worth a look (hard to avoid actually!). Once again, obscenely tacky but that is what Blackpool does best so you may as well revel in it.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Drew1976
Reviewed 22 August 2011

On the whole this is not a bad hotel but with a bit more attention to detail it could be so much better. We had a family room which was clean, well equiped, king size bed was a bit hard for our taste, windows could have done with a clean but on the whole fine. Not the most helpful of staff at reception, had to prise information out of them, as we arrived early said they would call me on my mobile when it was ready, they never did. Restaurant was clean & tidy very good buffet breakfast and evening carvery also with good selection, but why keep messing around with the dinner times ? One night last orders 10pm the next night 9.30pm then the next night 9pm errrr ! Also total carnage at breakfast Sunday morning, all free tables where still waiting to be cleared from previous guests, had to wait in bar while one was made ready. Also is it really on to charge guests to park their car whilst staying at the hotel, £7.50 for 3 nights surely this should be included in room rate. This together with no WiFi in the rooms makes the Hilton come up short on being a very good hotel.

Room Tip: sea view a must & ask for one that has been refurbished
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Got a good deal on the internet to include dinner bed and breakfast and if you have a good appetite the buffet style dinner with a starter a mixture of mains means an endless plates with some good deserts to follow. The accomodation is not up to the standard of other Hiltons but I guess it's not as expensive as other Hiltons. All in all a nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay at a good rate, and you particularly enjoyed your
dining experience and choices available. We are hoping to restart our bedroom and bathroom refurbishment programme in the near future in order that we may update some of our bedrooms. Thank you once again for your feedback this is most important to us.

refurb

Reviewed 21 August 2011

My family of 4 spent 3 night in this hotel. To call it a Hilton is to stretch reality. The king size bed that my wife and I had was like sleeping on tree roots in the wood. My 12 year old daughters shared a pullout sofa bed that consisted of two sperate single beds. Both of these beds were brokes and when my daughters layed down the end for their feet would raise up in the air and would stay there. In the US of A this hotel would be considered a low end Days Inn.
I am a loyal Hilton customer and in no way does this property come close to the standard of any Hilton I have ever stayed at. Stay at this location at your own risk!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

I am sorry you did not enjoy your Hilton experience and you found the bed uncomfortable including the sofa beds for your daughters. I would apologise if these were not exchanged for for you. The beds are checked and replaced on a regular basis due to high business levels in the hotel. Thank you for highlighting your concerns your feedback is most important to us.

Reviewed 21 August 2011

The room itself is definetly not up to Hilton standards, but this may partly be due to lack of competition for Hotels in Blackpool, majority are B&B's. I went with Hilton because I wanted to go with a Brand I trusted as opposed to staying in someones home. The room itself really did resemble student halls, as well as this the windows were very dirty from the outside, had no minibar, and my lamp shade was falling apart. Saying this the room was clean and breakfast variety was great too. Car parking came at a cost of approx 2.50, which is OK but could definetly find parking on a side street nearby. All in all, 4/10. Would definetly not pay full price for this Hotel. Found the concierge slightly blunt and rude at times too, but apparently it was his last day and so I dont think he could've cared less!

Room Tip: ask for view of the beach
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

I was pleased to see you found the room to be clean however I was sorry to see you were disappointed with the type of accommodation and room you booked. We have varying sizes of rooms from twins to doubles, double plus, king familiy plus rooms, family suites and suites so the room type you are allocated is dependent on your requirements and what you have booked. Mini bars are available in some of the rooms but not all, again this is dependent on your booking. The windows are cleaned on a very regular basis however this is not always as often as we would like due to the sea front location and inclement weather conditons on occasions. Thank you for your feedback this is most important to to us.