“Hilton quality”

Hilton Blackpool Hotel
Ranked #37 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Customer service is excellent the manner and etiquette if reception staff represent the brand well. The rims are not exactly big but they are quality clean and nice interiors. The housekeeper was very nice lady. The breakfast buffet is amazing has everything and the staff take pride in what they do.

I recommend Blackpool as a holiday destination and a great getaway for couples for a mid week or weekend break.

We stayed for two days and just had the most amazing time which will create fond memories.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 June 2012

The room was brilliant, it had a massive king size bed, a sofa and two bunk beds in a separate section of the room hidden away. The hotel was quiet too considering it was a saturday night.

Would stay here again.

P.S the breakfast was pretty amazing, especially after we were all hungover.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We stayed here for the jubilee weekend, 1st - 6th June. Excellent hotel, friendly staff, stunning breakfast and meals. Our room on level two was a little dated but was extremely clean and had everything you needed, comfy bed, sea view, large TV. Bathroom was more modern, with plenty of towels, complimentary toiletries etc. Room was freshened each day, clean towels, bed made etc, sheets changed halfway through. Swimming pool, gym and sauna all excellent. Plenty of parking and tram stop right outside. Would highly recommend this friendly hotel! Special shoutout to Tarek? in the bar/lounge, who was extremely polite, helpful and friendly each day, also FIT.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2012

we stayed here over the jubilee bank holiday for 2 nights, after looking for a decent hotel and seeing hilton was a rate of £240 a night however i stumbled across an amazing deal for £94 for both nights. The hotel was easy to find, plenty of parking spaces and right opposite a tram stop. Location isn't amazing for things such as the tower and pleasure beach but with the tram stop opposite and £4.50 for an adult day ticket we could hardly complain. We checked in without any problems, very friendly reception staff . Hotel didn't seem busy considering it was a bank holiday which was to my surprise. I requested a sea-view on a high floor, we got exactly both of these being on the 5th floor, lovely views over the sea and down the golden mile, absolutely beautiful when the sun sets which i thought id never say about blackpool!! Our room was spacious, bathroom slightly small but had everything you needed including complimentary toiletries and enough towels. TV has plenty of channels and easy to work. The bed was more than big enough, its possibly the best nights sleep i've had in a while, so comfy i didn't want to get out!! We made use of the swimming pool one evening, we was slightly disappointed with how small it was and the amount of children splashing around and jumping in but 8pm ish it was empty and we was able to have a nice relaxing swim, there is also a sauna and steam room which are both small but a nice extra. Changing rooms were small but big enough and you are provided with a towel. The gym looked great even though we didn't use it. Even though we used the 'do not disturb' sign and the maid had passed our room she came back and cleaned it for us later in the day, even though he cleaning skills weren't amazing we got fresh towels and the bed made which was more than enough. I would definitely stay again but definitely not at hilton rates, ill be sure to keep my eyes open for another bargain deal!!!

Room Tip: Request a sea-view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We stayed here on Monday 4th June. We arrived at the hotel after having stayed at the Premier Inn Airport hotel (I have reviewed that as well). At first there was a bit of a mix up at the check in/check out desks. We arrived at around 10:30 and just wanted to leave our cases as we knew we could not check in until 3pm. There was nobody at the Hilton Honours counter so we queued at what said "Check out". We were then told to go to the concierge desk. we did that and then they sent us back to the "Check out" desk which by then was 7 people deep.

we finally got a our cases into a room then headed off to the pleasure beach.

We got back to the hotel around 5:30 and this time the check in was no issue. we were given our keys to room 654 on the 6th floor. The room itself was clean and comfortable. We did notice that there was no fridge, no safe and the we had two singles instead of a double, not including the two boys single beds. My wife asked at reception and they apologised about the single beds but said that was the room we had booked. We had used our Hilton Honours points for this stay so wondered if we had been given the cheap seats but were informed that this was not the case.

The receptionist Daniel was very polite and explained that fridges were no longer included and safes were at reception if you needed one.

We headed off to the Springs (the Swimming pool) and had a good swim, Sauna and steam room. I will say the changing room are very small compared to other Hilton's I have stayed in but clean.

we returned to our room to find that Daniel the receptionist has left us a drink voucher for all of us to have a complimentary drink at the bar that evening, a really nice touch.

We wasn’t sure what to do to eat so we ended up in the Lunge Bar. it was about 9:30ish but had not eaten so I ordered a King Prawn Linguine carbanara My son a Pizza, My other son a curry and the wife had a soup. The food was outstanding and I am sure my Prawn Linguine was for around 3 people!! I must of counted at least 15 prawns and it was superb.

We had a really nice sleep, the rooms were comfortable and clean and what you expect from a Hilton.
We then realised that my youngest had lost his iphone. Thanks to my eldest knowing how to track it and play a sound even when on silent we tracked it. Daniel the receptionist answered it and said we had left it on the reception the night before. What a result!!

the boys brought him a little stick of rock later to say thanks.

before we left we had a little snack in the lounge, Steak roll (excellent) and some garlic bread.

We really enjoyed our stay here and although it is a fait distance from the Pleasure beach and a 15 minute walk to the tower I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room 654 which did not have a sea view so 650 - 656 over looks the car park and the local Ind...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
PA_HiltonBlackpool, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you for your constructive feedback, this is most important to us. We were pleased to see you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, particularly the room and the food, and look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

We arrived for a one night stay in Blackpool with my elderly mother wondering if we had made a terrible mistake in choosing The Hilton. There seemed to be a disproportionate number of small children in all the public rooms.

We decided it was too late for a change and we would see it through and I am so very glad that we did.

The rooms are quite adequate and very clean. Mum got lucky with a refurbished room on floor 5 whilst we were on floor 2 and our room looked a tad tired.

We ate in the restaurant where the choice was a la carte or cavery. Whilst buffet style is not my dining of choice the food on offer was excellent and the chefs serving attentive and cheery.

The Blackpool Hilton may not be quite what one comes to expect from the Hilton chain but they provide a good standard of accomodation and service in a holiday town.

1  Thank Chestertripper

We were pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and the standard of accommodation and food. The hotel does get really busy with families, particularly during the main school holiday periods. Thank you for your feedback, this is most im,portant to us.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

My husband and I arrived at the Hilton Blackpool 1st June 2012 for a 2 night stay with an elderly friend of ours who had flown in from America for our trip. Our friend was treating us to a short break in Blackpool and my husband had chosen the Hilton as we knew (or thought we knew!) that we would be receiving a high standard of service. We were a little worried when our american friend mentioned that when he called to book the rooms he had been very pressured by a salesman who was clearly trying to upsell and push various extras, that we would not be given good quality rooms.However, we were very excited about our trip. Our first impressions of the hotel was that it looked like Alcatraz from the outside (Big and prison like!) However once inside the reception was nice and clean. Would have been classed as spectacular back in the 80's perhaps, however the lady at reception was lovely and helpful. She asked if we would like a paper in the morning. Our friend chose one and my husband asked for the daily mail. We were allocated side sea view rooms which had a gorgeous view from the 6th floor over the sea and the tower and Central pier. The room itself was clean, small bathroom but good shower. It was very clear that the room was decorated maybe late 70's early 80's... but still it seemed clean. There was a large tv in the room, however we did not use this but our friend in a sperate room did and he said there was a variety of channels along with radio options. We wanted to eat out on our first night and Alan, head of concierge suggested AJ's Diner in the town. He even booked a table for us. It was a wonderful choice, the food was top notch. Our first night my husband and I went to go to bed, we pulled back the sheets and discovered BLOOD stains on the sheets. I was utterly disgusted. I called down to reception who apologised and said they would be sending somebody up to change the whole of the bed. About 20 mins later a man knocked at the door and handed me a sheet, walked off without saying a word. I stood there in shock! My husband was cross and went to complain at reception. When he was gone the man knocked at the door again and gave me another sheet, again walking off without saying anything. M y husband returned with the manager who was extremely apologetic and got the bed linen changed at once. We then settled down to poor nights sleep, no air condtioning or fans made it very hot and sticky, along with the bed being lumpy. We awoke in the morning very tired and a little grumpy. It did not help that my husbands paper was not outside for him. Especially when two doors away we could see that our friends paper was waiting outside for him. Breakfast here, I cannot fault. The options were fantastic from dried fruits, cereals, porridge, fresh fruit, yoghurts, toast, full cooked breakfast, continental meats, salads, pastries... the list goes on. Fresh juice and coffee or tea are servered at your table. As it was a eat as much as you like type of service we filled our boots to the brim and didnt need anything else until dinner time! The resturant is very big however and there is a queue to be seated at busy times. The staff do hover alot as well, taking your plate away even when you still have a last bite of food! On the evening of the 2nd June 2012 my husband and I spent the night in the cocktail bar at the hotel induldging in cocktails. The staff were good, however it did take them around 25 mins to make 2 cocktails.... which seemed a bit excessive however the cocktails tasted amazing so we didnt mind too much. The entertainment was awful. An orc like figure on an electric keyboard and a singer who was only half decent. Even for a hotel singer. My husband and I cried with laughter at just how bad they were. That night we slept better than the first and the breakfast in the morning was again as lovely as the previous day. Our friend had enquired at reception if we were able to check out an hour later at 1pm instead of noon. The receptionist said this would be ok and noted it on the computer. My husband and I went off for the morning and returned at 11.45am. We went into our room and it had been entirely cleaned and ready for the next guests. Our luggage had not been touched but my husbands mobile phone was nowhere to be seen. We even unpacked all of our luggage in case we had packed it however it was not there and we were 100% sure we had left it on the bedside table. We left the room as we felt unable to stay in there as it had been set up for the new guests. We went to our friends room and informed him of the missing phone. He was angry as reception had stated we could stay in the rooms till 1pm, so nobody should have gone in to clean it. Just then his hotel room phone rang, it was reception asking why he had not been to check out. He told them about the extended check out which had been agreed yet they had no record of this. Whilst on the phone he asked them to look into the missing phone. We went to check out half an hour later and when we mentioned the phone again nobody had done anything about it. We were asked to sit and wait whilst they looked into this. We decided to head to the cocktail bar and grab some lunch. We had the jubilee tea at £10.95 each which consisted of a dry sandwich, scone with whipped cream, a pot of tea and a glass of sparkling wine. Disappointing. When we went back to reception over an hour later nobody seemed to be aware of the missing mobile. By this point my faith in Hilton had gone. The receptionist went away for 2 mins, came back and stated that the phone had not been found. She then seemed bemused as to why we would want to give her our address in case it turned up. It was very obvious to us that my husbands extremely expensive phone had been stolen. Long and short of it, we chose the Hilton in Blackpool for the name. We expected a high standard. We did not receive this. Blood on the sheets, shoddy customer service and a thief amongst staff. We wish we had stayed in a £30pp guest house instead. I would never reccommend this hotel at all. EVER. Blackpool itself is brilliant. So much to do and see, the tram is great as well £4.50 day pass gets you on any bus or tram for the whole day. The pleasure beach was amazing, coral island took me back to my child hood and the tower was a must see too. We will definatly be returning, just not to this hotel but a family run one that is a fraction of the price and has been highly recommeneded to us. Shame I didn't listen to them before......

2  Thank hemmett86
PA_HiltonBlackpool, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

We were pleased to see you enjoyed some of the hotel services and faciilities to offer however I have read your review with concern and taken on board your comments. We have no record of such a complaint reported to the duty manager during your stay, or a reported loss of a mobile phone and we have a strict lost property procedure. If you wish to discuss this in more detail please contact Karen Oldroyd at the hotel on Ext 3002 so that we may investigate your complaint in more detail.