“second visit this year”

Hilton Blackpool Hotel
Ranked #37 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We did stay earlier this year and we were glad to return however it was not quite as good the room was a little tatty and worn and a previous guests hairs around the bath tub, however we will return again especially as it is value for money and in a good location.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
PA_HiltonBlackpool, General Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, and the location of the hotel and your stay was value for money. I am sorry that the room had not been serviced properly for which I have no excuse, and we did not have a recently refurbished room to offer you due to business levels in the hotel. The rooms are refurbished on a rolling programme according to business levels in the hotel so that we may bring all of our rooms up to the same standard. Thank you for your feedback this is most important to us. Nick Taylor, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Hilton Blackpool Hotel

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Lovely hotel! Great for parking...just to far to walk into Blackpool...plenty of trams tops only the trams drive on by because they are full. Fabulous facilities though, gym , pool and resteraunt
...specially breakfasts really A****

Room Tip: Sea view good just to far to walk to centre.....
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Blackpool.

We paid a little extra and had a club room, so we had a nice King size bed which was nice. The room was clean and a nice size. The only negative was no aircon, we stayed 5 nights on the hottest few days of the year, we did get a fan which helped.

The breakfast was nice, hot and cooked well.

The evening meal was excellent value £18 for 3 course buffet style, all cooked well and good selection. We had a nice evening overlooking the sea, and enjoyed our meal.

We will return, one of the better hotels in Blackpool.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

We were pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and the hotel services and facilities we have to offe, and you took advantage of the upgrade and extras. The hotel is airconditioned in the public areas, lounge bars and restaurants, I am sorry you felt unformfortable in the bedrooms during this particular hot spell. I was pleased to see the staff provided you with a fan for the room. Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed here for two nights over the course of a mid-week business trip. The hotel is in a great position overlooking the sea-front and pier. The breakfast is very good, and the service generally excellent. My only gripe would be a lack of air-con in the bedrooms, which can leave them very hot and muggy on a night. I'd probably book here again though if staying overnight in Blackpool.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We booked a weekend room for free with rewards from the HHonors program, so I can't speak to the value of the hotel.

The staff who interacted with all were all pleasant and patient, especially when we had trouble connecting to the internet. They helped us resolve our problems quickly. A staff member at breakfast asked how we'd slept, and we admitted that we'd been a little hot. She told us she'd have them send up a fan, and sure enough, when we got back to the room later in the day, there it was! The fan definitely helped on what must have been one of the hottest weekends of the year in Blackpool.

Breakfast and leisure center access was included as we're Gold Members, and we found both good. At breakfast there's a buffet with the usual hot and cold fare (including a range of cold meats, cheeses, breads, bacon, eggs done two or three ways) and they will also cook omelets or pancakes by request in the kitchen. The pool is heated and changing rooms and the facility were clean.

The hotel itself is definitely dated, but all rooms on the south side have ocean views so that's a plus. One negative is that the windows in the rooms are small and only open a small amount from a top-tilt. If you're hoping to get a sea breeze up there, you'll be disappointed. As I mentioned, we were there on two very hot days and only the oscillating fan they provided made it bearable the second night. Also keep in mind that even though this property is a 10-minute walk from the busy center of town, with your windows open at night (especially on a Friday or Saturday night in the summer) you're definitely going to hear drunken people outside.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was much better than expected and although the hotel was very busy the (waiting-on) staff were very efficient and friendly asking how we slept and had we been to any shows etc. Room was clean, although small everything was there you would expect and a good sea view from our room on the fourth floor. Downside was the bathroom, it is badly laid out and with a shower curtain that had a mind of it's own which would be a nightmare for anyone with claustrophobia! Overall we had a good nights sleep and got a very good price for bed and breakfast. I would use this hotel again and certainly recommend to anyone. There is a swimming pool, spa and gym but we didn't use any of these, so I cannot comment about them.

Room Tip: We had room 408 a good way from the lift, as near to it can be noisy when revellers return late at n...
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Hilton, Blackpool with my partner and two other friends. When I checked in the reception staff weren't very pleasant. I requested when booking the rooms that they were next door to each other. The reception staff couldn't have been less interested and explained they were full and couldn't even get us on the same floor. Which immediately put a downer on our stay. The reception staff then explained the breakfast rate I had booked wasn't showing. I had to find the email and show them. Up on checking into the room, the rooms were extremely dated, scruffy and unclean. There were dirty marks all over the head board, dirty bedding, dated bathroom and broken furniture. As a regular customer of Hilton, I expected a lot more. Due to being so unhappy about the service and rooms I asked to speak to the hotel manager. After sitting in reception for 20 minutes, he arrived and asked what the problem was. I started to give him the list of problems, before I had even finished the list, he looked at his watch and said "do you want to check out?" At no point did he show empathy or try to correct any issues I had. We didn't stay the night, we checked out and drove 2 hours home rather than staying. I would not recommend this hotel. I have stayed and revived better service in hotels that coat a quarter of the proce this one did. I would avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Tjvc123
PA_HiltonBlackpool, General Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

I was concerned to hear you did not enjoy your Hilton experience and we did not meet your expectations. I apologise that the staff at check in were not courteous to you when we could not locate you on the same floor as your friends due to business levels in the hotel. All of our linen is laundered off-site, I am sorry if the sheets were marked from the laundry and this was not picked up by the maids when making the beds up. The hotel bedroom refurbishment programme is an ongoing project according to business levels in the hotel, which is done on a rolling programme. I would also apologise the staff and the duty manager did not show any concern for your complaint , and this was not handled in the appropriate manner. Staff training is an ongoing process in the hotel in order that we deliver the Hilton standard to our guests at all times. Once again I am sorry we let you down. Thank you for your feedback this is most important to us, rest assured I have taken on board your comments.
Nick Taylor, General Manager.