“Does not live up to the Hilton name!”

Hilton Blackpool Hotel
Ranked #37 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stay here for work and I have to say, if it wasn't for work I would definitely not stay here again! The hotel is very old with lots of improvements needed! Some of the rooms are dirty and very cold!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank LorivicL

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

My friend and I visited the health club for a swim and sauna today. The pool area and sauna and steam room were clean and tidy. The showers and pool were lovely and warm and the whole experience was relaxing. The staff were lovely and attentive and looked after us. We will definitely return soon for another chilling Sunday afternoon.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Gazja
PA_HiltonBlackpool, General Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit to our LivingWell Health Club and our team members looked after you throughout your visit.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor, I will be sure to share your feedback with my team.

Nick Taylor

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights and had a very pleasant stay. Front of house staff were very welcoming and friendly as were the restaurant staff and housekeeping. Rooms are spacious and clean with a great view of the promenade. The rooms also have a safe, iron and ironing board too. Breakfast is a choice of cereals,fruit juice or fresh fruit then a choice from the hot selection which was very good. There is a bar area and again staff very friendly. The hotel is situated about a 20min walk to the tower but the trams stop within a few mins walk from the hotel if it's too far for some. Would stay here again if in the area and the price was right. Got a good deal on our visit which included breakfast so well worth it. We ate in the restaurant at night and the food was fantastic, definitely recommend the salmon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol F

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed our sea front location and the hearty breakfast available. I was delighted that our staff throughout the hotel was welcoming and friendly and provided a first class service to you.

Thank you for your feedback which is very important to us and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Nick Taylor

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed here on a corporate event so my room rate was probably well under the rack rate. I have just booked to take the kids for the illuminations and I discounted the Hilton as it was too expensive compared to the Blackpool FC Hotel and the Imperial. The hotel is dated, very dated but it is clean and ok. I had a King Size family room with a sea view which was a bit shabby but ok. The downside was the bathroom which was the size of a very small en suite at best. Not great if you are expected to have a family of 4 sharing. The room was spacious enough and the sea view a bonus. Be warned that the wind whips across the front of the hotel and whistles all night. However, this is Blackpool - you have to expect that! Breakfast was as you would expect from a Hilton with good service. There is a Costa Coffee within the bar and this was ok as was the bar area although a couple of extra team members wouldn't have gone amiss. I didn't use the pool or gym but these are a bonus for a family stay. There is a kids swim session for £3 on a Saturday. Expect to play for the car park (although sometimes the barrier is up). If I could have got this for a two night stay for £300 I would have booked it but the Imperial (which is of a similar Trip Advisor rating) had a better deal so I didn't. It's a 1 mile or 20 minute walk to the Tower so in my opinion is in a good locatn but I don't mind a walk, it maybe too far for some.

Room Tip: Room 558 has a sea view and is stable for a family of 4.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank EastbourneFamilyFour
PA_HiltonBlackpool, General Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

I was pleased to hear you enjoyed some of the hotel services and facilities we have to offer and was pleased with the spacious King size family room with a sea view. I was sorry to hear you were disturbed by the recent high winds and inclement weather conditions experienced all over the country, which are sometimes more severe on the sea front. We are hoping to restart our bedroom and bathroom refurbishment programme in the near future so that we may update some of our rooms, this is done on a rolling programme, I apologise we did not have a recently refurbished family room to allocate to you due to high business levels in the hotel at that time. The leisure centre and pool is extremely popular with families and children. There is no fee usually for a swim if you are staying in the hotel, however there is a £3 charge for the special session on Saturday afternoons for the "Kids be Active" programme. Thank you for your feedback, this is most important to us. Nick Taylor, General Manager

Reviewed 20 March 2014

In general this this hotel has some good points but it is now looking worn and needs some TLC like a lot of Blackpool. PRO'S We recommend you look around you look around for a deal including breakfast as this is very good at this hotel. All rooms have a sea view. CON'S Rooms now looking a bit tired. WIFI in room a very expensive £15 a day(Although free in Bar area). A good 20 min walk to tower/Golden Mile/town.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I was pleased to see you enjoyed the sea front location, and the hearty breakfast and took advantage of the special offers available. Wi fi is available free of charge in the restaurant, bars, and public areas. I have taken on board your comments regarding the room. Thank you for your feedback this is most important to us. Nick Taylor General Manager

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Room was really big lots of high quality products in bathroom, iron in room, breakfast had great selection, we had buffet dinner, great choices, staff really helpful and friendly,go the extra mile, second stay, would go back.

Room Tip: If it windy, sea facing rooms can be noisy
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

It is nice to hear your stay was excellent and you enjoyed the facilities and the staff went that extra mile to provide a first class service for you. Thank you for your feedback, I will certainly pass our kind comments onto the staff. Nick Taylor, General Manager

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed at the Hilton for a night recently with some friends. Our room was on the 7th floor and quite a long walk from the lift, with an inland view. The room was a good size but lacked a little soul. We were disappointed to find there were no biscuits with the tea and coffee facilities and there were only two plastic cartons of milk. When we mentioned it to reception on departure, we were told they didn't do biscuits, and we should have asked for more milk. Not the point really! There should have been enough milk on our arrival. Unfortunately we forgot to ask for more milk before bed, so didn't have any for a cup of tea in the morning. We also found that the toiletries in the bathroom weren't replaced after the previous guest and were partly used. There was also a lot of dust on top of the toilet roll holder, which had clearly been there for some time. The shower was very weak and you practically had to run around in it to get wet!! The beds were comfortable but the room was a little cold, with no heating on. The tv only goes up to a certain volume, presumably so as not to disturb others, but if you are hard of hearing, you will struggle to hear it.

Our friends (three ladies of a certain age!) we're given a family room which consisted of a double bed and two bunks! Two ended up sharing the bed, and the other had the bottom bunk. Not an ideal situation, but they put up with it for one night. They could have been given a more suitable room, as the hotel knew that three ladies were sharing, so they were quite disappointed.

On the positive side, my room mate and I decided on a bar meal, which we were allowed to eat in the restaurant as our other friends were eating there. The maitre d was very helpful in this respect and our bar meal was excellent. The staff were helpful and pleasant in the bar and reception.

We didn't get to use the spa facilities so I can't comment on these.

Parking costs £5 per day, which as a guest paying £95 a night, seems a bit cheeky.

Breakfast was ok - a help yourself buffet. However, we didn't have enough milk on the table on arrival and when we asked for some more, we were given another jug with very little in it, so had to go and get some ourselves from the breakfast bar.

To sum up, a few niggles which, for £95 a night and a four star establishment with the Hilton reputation, left us a little disappointed. Would I stay there again? Probably, but I would expect fresh toiletries, no dust, biscuits, and a sea view room.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view and make sure the sleeping arrangements suit your requirements.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

I was concerned to hear you were a little disappointed with certain aspects of your stay. Please accept my apologies that the milk or toiletries had not been replenished in the room and for this oversight on our part, Housekeeping would have been pleased to replace and replenish this for you, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have various size family rooms available, the largest rooms sleeping 6, however we do not usually take reservations for three adults sharing, unless it is a family room which would have been advised at the time of booking. I am sorry we did not have inter-connecting room available at the time which would have been more appropriate. Rest assured I have taken on board your comments regarding the service in the restaurant and discussed this with the restaurant manager. Staff training is an ongoing process in the hotel in order that we deliver the Hilton standard to our guests at all times. I am sorry we let you down on this occasion. Thank you for all of your feedback, this is important to us.