“Pool and gym facilities could do with updating”

Hilton Blackpool Hotel
Ranked #38 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stay at this hotel every year but we're always disappointed with the 'spa' and gym facilities. No natural light in the pool area and nowhere to sit (unless you get dressed and sit near reception in the very few available seats there).
The rooms could also do with a spruce up as they're showing their age and our last visit had the cleaners visit us twice before we felt comfortable unpacking our stuff!
Staff always professional and courteous and food decent enough but but was dismayed to see flies crawling over desserts on our last visit in August 13 - UGH!
The wifi/parking fees are very expensive, I read the management's response to the former and the only word that springs to mind is profiteering. We stay with our young son who has autism and his iPad is a lifeline that can only be used in communal areas which I feel just isn't right.
Staying next week for a week so will update afterwards.@_@

Room Tip: Sea view advisable...make that a must!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I've still rated this as 4 stars but it's not as good as last year. (We stay every year because of a function). 500+ for breakfast must cause problems, but they seemed to cope well. All the rooms have a sea view and the lower the floor level it seems the better the room standard. But the beds are so uncomfortable! I would have done better sleeping on the floor. When I complained I was in formed all the beds are identical (I suggest they try the Premier Inn beds), but that an extra duvet would be provided on top of the matress... it didn't happen and I duly got a reduction. If you have a problem..,complain, and don't take it lying down. Especially on these beds.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The service at Hilton Blackpool is excellent, there is plenty of parking and we got a 7th floor room with brilliant views. It is not too far from the centre of town, its actually just the right distance from it. But the rooms are in need of refurbishment as they look quite tired and the beds aren't that comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I booked an overnight stay as a mothers day treat thinking it would have the WOW factor & I am disapointed to say it didnt.

Whilst driving to the hotel all I kept thinking was how far away it is from the Tower & even further away from the fair.

Check in was fast & very friendly, Then I opened the door to my room I was so disapointed as it was very small & just not the Hilton Hotel standard I have been to before. If you forgot you had booked the hilton you would think you had booked a standard B&B.

It took us 20 minutes to walk along the Prom to the tower, our return taxi back was £5.00.

Room service is £4.00 & very quick & hot.

I woke up a few times in the night due to the bed being very hard & uncomfy & doors banging.

Breakfast the next morning was lovely & the staff were very helpful.

There are so many hotels in Blackpool & I chose this as it was a special occasion & I could of saved money & stayed in a different hotel to save money.

I wont be returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Just had 2 nights at Hilton Blackpool. Excellent value for money. Lovely hotel, rooms a wee bit tired but clean and very comfortable beds. Breakfast very good, hot, fresh and excellent quality. Staff could not do enough Will definitely stay again if in area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed at the Hilton in Blackpool with a couple of friends.

The hotel is well located opposite the beach and not too far from the city center.

We were however disappointed by its standards. Our window did not close properly. So we heard and felt the strong winds from the sea all night long... The spa area was not clean and also quite dated.

Staff was friendly and the rate we got was ok. So you can say, we got what we payed for...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed for two nights and it certainly wasn't what you would expect at the "HILTON" the room was of very tired decor with stains on the walls ,we had to get the night porter to clean the bathroom before my husband could have a shower hairs in the bath and stains also the bed linen was thread bare the toilet was disgusting all the enamel had corroded a few buckets of bleach wouldn't have gone a miss ive got to say I've stayed at much better b&b s with higher standards of cleanliness very dissatisfied won't be rushing back

Stayed: March 2014
PA_HiltonBlackpool, General Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

I was concerned to hear you did not enjoy your stay, and the hotel did not meet your expectations, particularly with the room and the decor. We are hoping to restart our bedroom and bathroom refurbishment programme in the near future, this is done ona a rolling programme according to business levels in the hotel. I can however offer no excuse that the room had not been serviced properly and the bathroom was not clean. Rest assured I will discuss your comments with our Executive Housekeeper. I am sorry we let you down on this occasion. Thank you for your comments that I have taken on board. Nick Taylor, General Manager