“mothers day treat”

Hilton Blackpool Hotel
Ranked #37 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Me, my mother & 8 month old child stayed at this hotel as a mothers day treat. When we arrived the outside looked average, a very big hotel, with easy car park access. The reception & all staff where extremely helpful, friendly & polite. Our rooms however where extremely small, we asked for an upgrade because if we hadn't, we would have been falling over the travel cot & eachother. The bathroom was extremely tiny, with no extractor fan it made the floor contstantly damp so i had to wear my shoes when i needed to use the toilet. The cleanliness was fine, but the occasional body hair was found in the bath. Overrall the rooms needed an updated lick of paint & modifying. The Spa/pool area - the gym staff were also pleasant & friendly. The pool was small but useable, as well as the sauna & steam-room, but as for the changing rooms, it was just about suitable for me, my mother & baby, if anyone else entered the room automatically felt like it was cramped. It did needed cleaning, as the smell of urine was off putting. Also the pool, only had step ladders on either side, no walk in steps, so if i had come on my own with my youngter i would of struggled to get in, nevermind if you was elderly. It did have disabled access but still, it would have been difficult to get into the pool without help. We both had treatments done, both good but i think pricey to what i've had before. Overall, I probably wouldn't stay at this hotel again, but I do wish the staff where at most hotels i stay. Overrall 5/10

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (4,299)

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We have stayed at the hotel several times and it's always been a great experience! The staff are very friendly and helpful and nothing is ever a problem to them.
Would recommend the hotel to anyone, it's fab!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KatFlo_84
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stay at this hotel every year but we're always disappointed with the 'spa' and gym facilities. No natural light in the pool area and nowhere to sit (unless you get dressed and sit near reception in the very few available seats there).
The rooms could also do with a spruce up as they're showing their age and our last visit had the cleaners visit us twice before we felt comfortable unpacking our stuff!
Staff always professional and courteous and food decent enough but but was dismayed to see flies crawling over desserts on our last visit in August 13 - UGH!
The wifi/parking fees are very expensive, I read the management's response to the former and the only word that springs to mind is profiteering. We stay with our young son who has autism and his iPad is a lifeline that can only be used in communal areas which I feel just isn't right.
Staying next week for a week so will update afterwards.@_@

Room Tip: Sea view advisable...make that a must!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I've still rated this as 4 stars but it's not as good as last year. (We stay every year because of a function). 500+ for breakfast must cause problems, but they seemed to cope well. All the rooms have a sea view and the lower the floor level it seems the better the room standard. But the beds are so uncomfortable! I would have done better sleeping on the floor. When I complained I was in formed all the beds are identical (I suggest they try the Premier Inn beds), but that an extra duvet would be provided on top of the matress... it didn't happen and I duly got a reduction. If you have a problem..,complain, and don't take it lying down. Especially on these beds.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The service at Hilton Blackpool is excellent, there is plenty of parking and we got a 7th floor room with brilliant views. It is not too far from the centre of town, its actually just the right distance from it. But the rooms are in need of refurbishment as they look quite tired and the beds aren't that comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I booked an overnight stay as a mothers day treat thinking it would have the WOW factor & I am disapointed to say it didnt.

Whilst driving to the hotel all I kept thinking was how far away it is from the Tower & even further away from the fair.

Check in was fast & very friendly, Then I opened the door to my room I was so disapointed as it was very small & just not the Hilton Hotel standard I have been to before. If you forgot you had booked the hilton you would think you had booked a standard B&B.

It took us 20 minutes to walk along the Prom to the tower, our return taxi back was £5.00.

Room service is £4.00 & very quick & hot.

I woke up a few times in the night due to the bed being very hard & uncomfy & doors banging.

Breakfast the next morning was lovely & the staff were very helpful.

There are so many hotels in Blackpool & I chose this as it was a special occasion & I could of saved money & stayed in a different hotel to save money.

I wont be returning.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Just had 2 nights at Hilton Blackpool. Excellent value for money. Lovely hotel, rooms a wee bit tired but clean and very comfortable beds. Breakfast very good, hot, fresh and excellent quality. Staff could not do enough Will definitely stay again if in area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple