“Nice location for Blackpool espranade”

Hilton Blackpool Hotel
Ranked #36 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
MUNICH, Germany
“Nice location for Blackpool espranade”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Whenever I have visited this area, I have always stayed at this hotel. The location is really excellent to visit Blackpool and the other places in this area such as St. Annes, Fleetwood and Cleveleys. The breakfast is very normal English. Every items are nice except sausage and black pudding for me...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (808)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions and we have always had an enjoyable stay. The staff and quality of the rooms are excellent. The breakfast is second to none and the variety of food when we had our evening meal was superb. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PA_HiltonBlackpool, General Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
It was nice to hear you enjoyed your stay and the hotel services and facilities we have to offer and the staff provided a great service for you. Thank you for your feedback this is important to us in order that we may continue to deliver the Hilton standard to our guests at all times. Nick Taylor, General Manager
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel is awash with excellent staff. They are friendly, conscientious and caring. They all deserve a medal, especially Ronnie in the restaurant. I've stayed at a LOT of Hiltons and this one is note-worthy in the staff attitude. However.... The building needs a complete overhaul. It's very tired; the soundproofing is non-existent, the beds (well our bed) was like sleeping on a board. I suspect they haven't been replaced since the establishment first opened. I was disappointed to note that the chairs in the dining room are, on the whole, very much in need of a clean. Manager - lightly touch the top of any chair and you can feel the slightly sticky residue from heads and bodies that has ingrained itself over the years. Nevertheless the value for money is commendable. I disagree strongly with another, slightly earlier reviewer, who commented negatively on the food. For heaven's sake! Our deal meant that the breakfast AND dinner worked out at £15.00 per person per night. I don't eat pork so breakfast can be tricky in a lot of hotels, but staff supplied me with vegetarian sausages on my first morning and smoked salmon to go with my cream cheese and lovely bread on the second day. Lots of choices, all fresh and all attended by cheerful and smiling staff. As for dinner - we chose the carvery on our first evening. Incredible value. Granted it's not haute cuisine but it's a carvery and the veg are usually overcooked. The soup was delicious, the turkey moist and generously served, gravy was tasty and the roasties were real, not frozen. The second evening we opted for two courses from the a la carte menu. It was blurry lovely. That you HIlton Blackpool.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dianthus2000
Thank you for your comments, both positive and negative comments that I have taken on board. I was pleased to hear you found your stay value for money, and particularly enjoyed the food in the restaurant. Thank you also for your kind comments to the staff and in Particular Ronnie that I shall certainly pass onto him. Nick Taylor, General Manager
Ashton-under-Lyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I surprised my boyfriend thinking the hotel was going to be great !! Got there the staff were so rude looked me and my boyfriend up and down gave us no advice on the hotel it self !! Got to the room the shower was coming of the wall the room was dirty foundation all up the wall the carpet was worn down marks all over the wall the beds were terrible !! Ordered food it was disgusting had to send it back and when they sent the new order up it was all wrong !! Ruined my weekend !!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Sarah D
PA_HiltonBlackpool, General Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
I can offer no excuse you did not receive a warm welcome at Reception and for the poor service you received. Thank you for your feedback and comments, I have discussed this with my Executive Housekeeper who would also like to extend her personal apologies to you that the room had not been cleaned properly, and for this lapse in our usual high standards on this occasion. I am sorry we let you down and we did not meet your expectations. Nick Taylor, General Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Got to the hotel - easy to find with plenty of parking space! There is a small charge but what do you expect from a central location - very convenient! Check-in was great, with a warm and personal welcome. Staff all very pleasant. Pool and Gym Available. Restaurant with an amazing view... All in all good value for money. Thanks Hilton Blackpool.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I live in Blackpool and attended a day conference here, so cannot comment on the rooms, evening meals or leisure facilities.
This was my first visit to The Hilton and I was disappointed in the overall experience.
Pros:
Welcoming reception area; friendly, helpful staff.
Good sized facilities.
Lunch, whilst a limited menu was tasty and hot.

Cons:
Air con made it very cold (it was turned off at our request but took a long time to warm up the larger rooms).
Only caffeinated tea and coffee served on arrival and at breaks, meaning my colleague and I had to go to Costa at morning break and midday. Hot water/fruit teas were supplied in the afternoon when requested at lunchtime. When asked, staff said that the fruit teas were not put out because it caused a queue when people were making their own. Not a great reason really, is it?
No pastries/biscuits served on arrival or breaks (I appreciate that this may have been the package that the conference facilitators purchased). Personally, this didn't bother me but I heard a few people mention it.
Lunch was chilli con carne, rice, peas & potatoes with no veggie option, although there was a small salad bar, again, this may have been the package and, again, didn't bother me but did others (who had a plate of rice and peas).
Ladies toilets were in need of a spruce up.

If the conference facilitators bought into the cheapest package available, the limited choice is understandable but I think that the hotel needs to think about the message it gives out with their basic menu. It can't be beyond their means to include fruit/herbal teas or a choice of mains.
With the other large hotels offering competitive prices, I think the Hilton really does need to step up its game if they expect organisations to want to use their facilities.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Carrolls_Lancashire
I was concerned to hear you did not enjoy the meal with conference, this is selected by the conference organiser and is not the choice of the hotel. I would also apologise that you found the conference room cold, this is set for the comfort of all of the guests attending, however we do adjust this accordingly if requested to do so, however in view of the size of the conference room this can take some time to reach the ambient temperature and would not happen immediately. I am sorry for the inconvenience this caused you. Fruit teas are always an option, I am so sorry for the poor communication you received from the staff and this was not offered to you. Staff training is an ongoing process in the hotel, thank you for your feedback and comments that I will certainly share with the staff, this is most important to us. Nick Taylor, General Manager
Reviewed 16 May 2014

A very basic Hilton with staff that care. The hotel sits in good position, is clean, with smallish rooms. Hotel breakfast was poor selection along with poor diner menu. The gym is very basic and the pool is a bonus. Staff are amazing and well done to them!

Room let the wind through and keep up all the 3 nights I was there! Hilton Blackpool needs an UPGRADE

Charging customer to park £5 per night is just a JOKE!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple