“Good value and great service”

Hilton Blackpool Hotel
Ranked #36 of 69 Hotels in Blackpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Belfast
“Good value and great service”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights until the 22nd July with my wife and young 2 daughters.

Check in went smooth and was told were everything was. I stayed in a family room which was a large comfortable room which was clean and spacious. Nice touch of the bunk des for the kids.

The hotel location itself is a little further out to Blackpool town than I thought but it was only a ten min walk which was pleasant along the seafront.

We didn't have an evening meal, but we had a look at the menu and it seemed adequate and well written with plenty to choose from. The bar (which we didn't use) also seemed to look very spacious and clean.

We had breakfast on both days but on our last day, we must of came at a peak time and it was just so busy (don't know how the staff cope) and we waited on line for about 2 mins. The restaurant supervisor/maître d showed us to our table in what seems to be a different large room.
We were not waiting long until a very smart, professional and well spoken waiter which I think was named Thadayuz (I think head waiter), came to our table and offered any drinks. My daughter also asked for some pancakes by which Thadayuz had no problem getting and offering any honey, jams, chocolate sauce served to us by a silver tray. He was very attention to detail and always had a smile on his face even though it was very busy.

Check out was again very smooth.

The only downfall is the car park charge. But other than that, this hotel is defiantly the best in Blackpool. Hopefully I shall return next year.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (810)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed one night to attend Rod Stewart concert,hotel very busy on checking did not see priority for Hilton Honors guests had to wait rather a long time not very good as I am unable to stand for very long Blue Badge Holder,on checking in asked to book a taxi told it was not possible,to busy,come back 20mins before i needed to go and they would call me one,so asked for tel no and rang taxi myself RIDICULOUS.Had an upgrade room very dull and needed refurbishing and later found out when trying to sleep the noise of the lift was terrible.IF YOU STAY THERE AVOID ROOM NEXT TO LIFT.Bar area was pleasant and my pet hate RIPPED OFF FOR PARKING YOUR CAR if Raddisson in centre of Manchester can provide free parking so can every other major hotel group.
Would not stay again.

Room Tip: Do not have room adjacent to lift
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

why this hotel is not rated number 1 in blackpool I will never know ? Stayed 3 nights breakfast & evening meal stayed in room 628 630 or should I say apartment. Sensational Massive super king size bed 2 TVs 2 bathrooms 2 office desks fridge. 2 double mirror wardrobes 2 sofas u name it this room as got it. 5 windows to view blackpool seafront just amazing . Food excellent excellent top chefs we had table with sea view .. staff Looked so smart very polite the cleaners very nice rooms were always spotless hiltons function rooms lovely . Swimming pool gym car parks .Whole experience. Top quality Hilton no 1 Allan Oliver

Room Tip: Floor 6 corner suite 628. 630 seaview supersize bed & lovely bathroom with shower ,,, facing...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allan O
dalquharn
Reviewed 19 July 2014

partner and I stayed for 4 nights bed and breakfast .from 25 to 29 th june asked for upgrade and was given room 462 very poor bare room hotel was very noisey . Had to enquire about bottle water and bath robes told we do not do them any more disappointed ,, however was not charged for upgrade because card was rejected 3 times due to check in mistake (thank you)..however we had a good time , we will be back Willie Muir ..

Room Tip: higher the better
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed for two nights with my disabled mum and daughter we had two rooms,the disabled one was furthest from the lift, not sure why that was? The room was dated and tea coffee very short supply.my daughter and I went to the pool and there were children throwing objects from one end to other hitting my daughter (18)twice, it's not like the relaxing impression hilton try to give you! We got out after 20 minutes. The lifts were a nightmare waiting up.to 20 minutes as always full when reached our floor (2nd floor) when we did finally manage to.get a space in the lift the door closed on my disabled mum and the waiter in the lift stood by and did nothing! we also returned to find housekeeping had been in our room and left behind a soiled cloth which was reported and collected with no.explanation or apologies. we did tell the manager on checking out and she took 20% off the bill which I.accepted as my mum was upset and just wanted to leave but feel that it disappointed and.put me off hilton hotels, especially if you have someone with a disability,as it's doubly hard work staying at this hilton.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank travellerdn62

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Excellent place to stay, Nice clean rooms( we got a sea view). A couple of free jars of jelly beans too.
Food was good, one of the better hotel breakfasts we have had.
Staff are amazing. Very friendly and very very helpful.
No its not a cheap B+B but the extra is well worth it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in a single room. I paid £85 to stay here, breakfast was not included and to my surprise on arrival the car park was not free and cost an extra £5.

The room was just average like any other chain hotel - a bit outdated but comfortable enough.

The noise levels were horrendous - don't expect to get a good nights sleep here. Even throughout the day time I could hear other guests above the tv. I know this is not directly the hotels fault but there could be a bit more control over the levels of noise including a hen party singing outside my room several times in the night and also intoxicated people tryingnto get in my room thinking it was theres.

I was initially happy enough to pay this amount considering check out was at mid day. I ended up checking out long before this because I couldn't sleep and the other guests were annoying.

The maid also entered the room when I was in the shower despite check out being mid day.

I got a tv, hairdryer and a nice view of the sea but my colleagues who stayed down the road at Grand Metropole paid £44 for the same kind of room and got breakfast included. It was also closer to the centre.

Overall - a comfortable standard room with a lot of noise.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo