“Tragic!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Newcastle
“Tragic!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My company's agency booked me in for a week at this hotel but I immediately put the wheels in motion for a relocation.
My room was on the second floor above the bar I assume and the entertainment was so loud I couldn't get to sleep. When I approached the reception I was told i should have reported it much earlier so he could have taken action. Really?
The noise ended at 2305 but I was so annoyed it took ages for me to get back to sleep. I was up first thing and was knackered all that working day.
I had to stay a dreaded second night because by the time i juggled work with finding alternative accommodation, check out time was too late. Again, more noise from the entertainment but not as loud as my neighbours who, to be fair, weren't being excessively noisy. I could hear their conversation word for word. The walls are paper thin.
And then there are little gripes that add up: one sugar sachet, soiled towel, sink with something in it that wasn't spat there by me, tatty/dirty wine list in the lounge.
For a Hilton I expect a certain standard. A friend in the area later questioned why I stayed there, it's rubbish - which says something.
On the plus side, it's well located, has parking facilities, over courteous staff, and bar entertainment!
I would say better suited to the tourist on holiday rather than business use.

Stayed July 2014
PA_HiltonBlackpool, General Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
I was pleased to hear you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the staff provided a good service for you. I was however concerned to hear you did not enjoy your stay overall, and we did not meet your expectations. The hotel has entertainment on in the lounge and cocktail bar most evenings during the main summer season. I am sorry this disturbed you, however the duty manager would have been pleased to try and re-locate you to a quieter area of the hotel if we had been aware this was disturbing you. I apologise the room had not been serviced properly and not enough items left on the hospitality tray, for which I can offer no excuse for lthis oversight on our part. Staff training is an ongoing process in the hotel. Thank you for your feedback this is most important to us. Nick Taylor, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (787)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

After a horrific 16 hour stay in the Savoy we left & booked into the Hilton for the rest of our break & I honestly can't fault anything. Our room was a sea view room & it was immaculate, the staff were fantastic, well mannered & friendly & the food was delicious. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2014
It was pleasing to hear you had a lovelyi stay, and enjoyed the hotel services and facilities we have to offer, and the staff provided a good service for you. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion. Nick Taylor, Genarl Manager
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel should be rated as 2 star as we cannot see any hospitality from staff, rooms are rubbish, you have to wait till evening to check in--- I would not recommend anyone who wants a luxury stay in bkackpool- this isn't the right place for them▪
Maobtain your standard change your racist staff or shut down this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank palmervenus
I was most concerned to hear you did not enjoy your stay and we did not meet your expectations. Our check in time is 3.00 p.m, I apologise if this was delayed I can only assume there room type you required differed from the booking instructions we received causing delay. I am sorry you felt the staff were not courteous to you, we are a multi-national company and employ 14 different nationalities in Blackpool alone and welcome all of our guests and their families. If you wish to discuss this further please contact the hotel. Nick Taylor, General Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

...booked a suite during the illuminations, amazing views, with the several sea facing windows, spacious and lots of nice touches, toiletries, and drinks vouchers for our anniversary, TV in the bathroom, and really cosy, staff amazing and rooms spotless.
Only downside there was no lock on the door and one of the staff popped their head in by mistake...seeing the price paid for the suite I would have liked parking to have been included.
Lovely pool area downstairs for a morning swim

Room Tip: ....pay for sea view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
It was nice to hear you enjoyed your stay in a suite and the hotel faciltiies we have to offer and you had time to relax in the leisure centre and pool. Thank you for your comments these are most important to us. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion. Nick Taylor, General Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My boyfriend booked a room at the Hilton for us for my birthday as a treat, first impressions were very good, massive car park for £5 for the stay. We were greeted by very nice staff on reception with very modern decor etc. We went up to the room and we slightly disappointed, it advertised bath robes and newspapers etc but we didn't have anything extra even though we had upgraded to a better room. The bed was massive and very comfy, the bathroom was fine, bath and shower and looked newly decorated. We decided to have a drink in the bar it was lovely but as expected quite expensive. We did not eat at the hotel as we wanted a night out in Blackpool. We stayed room only so did not sample breakfast but you could order breakfast to be brought up to the room which i thought was a nice touch. We only need to check out of the room at 12pm which meant we got a good lie in after a late night. I would stay at this hotel again if the price was cheaper. We payed £150 for one night which i thought was quite pricey but as it was a special occasion we didn't mind.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the staff provided a warm welcome for you. I am sorry you were disappointed with the room you occupied, We are hoping to restart our bedroom and bathhroom room refurbishment programme in the near future as soon as business levels permit. This is done on a rolling programme, I am sorry we did not have a recently refurbished room to allocate to you. Thank you for your feedback. Nick Taylor, General Manager
Stourport-on-Severn
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Although this is the better end of town to stop, and one of the better hotels that Blackpool has to offer, don't let the Hilton tag lift your expectations to high. Good points: The staff that we encountered where all very good, and the service spot on. We only had breakfast but you could not fault the service or quality and amount of food on offer each morning. Bad points: Reception is very bad and the ladies are just on auto-pilot not even taking onboard what you say to them. The rooms are your very own box of paper and you can hear everything going on in the next room, the room above and everyone in the hall outside your room.
If you want to stay at the better end of Blackpool in a hotel that has clean rooms and offer a great breakfast then this is the place to stop. The bonus is that almost every room has a sea view due to the style of the building. However, take your ear plugs and ask for a fan for your room if it's hot.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
london, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel week after week for a long time because of work related travel. Always find the staff helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. I love the rewards system, I get points for every stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business