“Good place to stay”

Hilton Blackpool Hotel
Ranked #37 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Plenty car parking which is a bonus for Blackpool. The hotel is near the tram and bus stops,or you could walk into the town. We stayed on the second floor , it didn't have a very good view, I would recommend a higher floor. The rooms were clean and an ok size. Breakfast was great with lots of choice, all buffet style. Staff were really nice, especially the staff at the pool really helpful and chatty. The pool was good for children as it wasn't too deep. I would recommend this hotel. We booked our stay with booking.com and the rates were very good .

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for the view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank angela k
PA_HiltonBlackpool, General Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

It was nice to hear you enjoyed the hotel services and facilities we have to offer and had a great stay. Thank you for your feedback this is most important to us. Nick Taylor, General Manager

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Nice hotel overall and would be lovely in the winter. We stayed for couple of nights and couldn't sleep for the heat. Eventually, we mentioned to staff who immediately made efforts to improve our stay...They kindly brought us a fan which worked but my husband couldn't sleep for the noise!!!Shame really...Get air con Hilton!!! Couldn't believe in this day that we needed to pay for wi-fi in our room x

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback, this is important to us. I am sorry you felt uncomfortable in this recent heatwave we have been experiencing, and the staff provided you with fans for the room. The hotel does not have airconditioning in the bedrrooms, only in the public areas, restaurant,. cocktail bar and lounge, and this is not a feature we advertise. Wi-fi is also free for our guests in the above areas. I have taken on board your comments and thank you again for your feedback. Nick Taylor, General Manager

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We always have a great time here. Our room looked over to the tower and gave great views...when the weather allowed. The only downside was the vile smell of cigarette smoke coming through the vents as a selfish fellow guest clearly decided to smoje in their room. Not the hotels fault and the houesekeeping team did a great job getting rid of it.
We eat lunch and dinner in the Lounge bar at various times during our visit and the food was very tasty and the service, especially from Agi, was fantastic.
We really enjoy this hotel and will be back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bathpair

I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the hotel services and facilties we have to offer. I apologise that guests in a neighbouring room smoked in their room, we are a no-smoking hotel and any guests caught smoking are charged a supplement for deep cleaning the soft furnishings, if it is evident that this continues then we do ask guests to leave the hotel. I am sorry this marred your stay and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Nick Taylor, General Manager

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My company's agency booked me in for a week at this hotel but I immediately put the wheels in motion for a relocation.
My room was on the second floor above the bar I assume and the entertainment was so loud I couldn't get to sleep. When I approached the reception I was told i should have reported it much earlier so he could have taken action. Really?
The noise ended at 2305 but I was so annoyed it took ages for me to get back to sleep. I was up first thing and was knackered all that working day.
I had to stay a dreaded second night because by the time i juggled work with finding alternative accommodation, check out time was too late. Again, more noise from the entertainment but not as loud as my neighbours who, to be fair, weren't being excessively noisy. I could hear their conversation word for word. The walls are paper thin.
And then there are little gripes that add up: one sugar sachet, soiled towel, sink with something in it that wasn't spat there by me, tatty/dirty wine list in the lounge.
For a Hilton I expect a certain standard. A friend in the area later questioned why I stayed there, it's rubbish - which says something.
On the plus side, it's well located, has parking facilities, over courteous staff, and bar entertainment!
I would say better suited to the tourist on holiday rather than business use.

Stayed: July 2014
PA_HiltonBlackpool, General Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

I was pleased to hear you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the staff provided a good service for you. I was however concerned to hear you did not enjoy your stay overall, and we did not meet your expectations. The hotel has entertainment on in the lounge and cocktail bar most evenings during the main summer season. I am sorry this disturbed you, however the duty manager would have been pleased to try and re-locate you to a quieter area of the hotel if we had been aware this was disturbing you. I apologise the room had not been serviced properly and not enough items left on the hospitality tray, for which I can offer no excuse for lthis oversight on our part. Staff training is an ongoing process in the hotel. Thank you for your feedback this is most important to us. Nick Taylor, General Manager

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

After a horrific 16 hour stay in the Savoy we left & booked into the Hilton for the rest of our break & I honestly can't fault anything. Our room was a sea view room & it was immaculate, the staff were fantastic, well mannered & friendly & the food was delicious. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2014

It was pleasing to hear you had a lovelyi stay, and enjoyed the hotel services and facilities we have to offer, and the staff provided a good service for you. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion. Nick Taylor, Genarl Manager

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel should be rated as 2 star as we cannot see any hospitality from staff, rooms are rubbish, you have to wait till evening to check in--- I would not recommend anyone who wants a luxury stay in bkackpool- this isn't the right place for them▪
Maobtain your standard change your racist staff or shut down this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank palmervenus

I was most concerned to hear you did not enjoy your stay and we did not meet your expectations. Our check in time is 3.00 p.m, I apologise if this was delayed I can only assume there room type you required differed from the booking instructions we received causing delay. I am sorry you felt the staff were not courteous to you, we are a multi-national company and employ 14 different nationalities in Blackpool alone and welcome all of our guests and their families. If you wish to discuss this further please contact the hotel. Nick Taylor, General Manager.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

...booked a suite during the illuminations, amazing views, with the several sea facing windows, spacious and lots of nice touches, toiletries, and drinks vouchers for our anniversary, TV in the bathroom, and really cosy, staff amazing and rooms spotless.
Only downside there was no lock on the door and one of the staff popped their head in by mistake...seeing the price paid for the suite I would have liked parking to have been included.
Lovely pool area downstairs for a morning swim

Room Tip: ....pay for sea view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

It was nice to hear you enjoyed your stay in a suite and the hotel faciltiies we have to offer and you had time to relax in the leisure centre and pool. Thank you for your comments these are most important to us. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion. Nick Taylor, General Manager