“Needs a refurb, but not all bad”

Hilton Blackpool Hotel
Ranked #35 of 69 Hotels in Blackpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Needs a refurb, but not all bad”
Reviewed 7 December 2009

Stayed for one night on Friday 4th December.

The good points;

The pool - was virtually empty and my 5 year old loved it - we used it twice and staff in the leisure club were very friendly

Hilton Breakfast - not perfect but good breakfast. Orange Juice was very strong, and my son's sausages were a bit pink in the middle so I gave him mine and eat them - no ill effects so assume they were OK after all

The staff - all the staff, particularly the restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful

The view - we got a sea view (which I had requested )

The bad points;

The ribeye - Was staying DB&B and payed a supplement on Friday night for a ribeye steak. Was the thinnest steak I have ever had - also I ordered it Medium and it came Well Done. Couldn't be bothered making a scene in the restaurant to complain - besides my 5 year old loved his food from the kids menu. My starter of black pudding terrine was also a bit bland and completely dominated by the picallili.

The beds - Without doubt room 325 has the most uncomfortable (single) bed I think I have ever slept in. Took me most of Saturday to get over it. Please replace the mattress!

Overall - large hotel with friendly staff, food needs some attention to detail and long overdue a refit (and new beds!).

I would stay again, if it wasn't for the bed.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Geoggy08
DGM_Hilton_Blackpool, Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this review, 19 December 2009
Dear Sirs,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to receive such positive and constructive comments. I will be sure to pass these on as they serve as a great motivator and an opportunity to improve our standards and facilities.

Thank you for bring to my attention the quality of the bed in room 325 as part of our refurbishment programme we are changing beds and I will ensure that this is one of the beds that are changed

I have spoken to the head chef in relation to you rib-eye steak and he has asked me to portray his apologies for the quality of the steak. I do wish you had let us know as we would have exchanged it for you.

Thank you for you kind words in relation to the team, it is a pleasure to hear such positive feedback about their friendliness I will be sure to share your comments with them at our nest communication meeting

Once again, thank you for taking the time to complete your review and for your positive and constructive feedback. It is through such feedback that I am able to constantly improve our products and services.

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Blackpool, and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not so distant future

Hilton Blackpool

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (810)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2009

great hotel - great staff - great food!
would definately go back!!
yummy breakfast!!

Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
DGM_Hilton_Blackpool, Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2009
Dear Sirs

Thank you for taking the time to place such a positive review on Tripadvisor. The team and I are pleased to hear you had such a positive stay at our hotel. It is a pleasure to receive such feedback and I will be passing on your comments to all off the team as they serve as a great motivator.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to complete a review; I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Blackpool in the not so distant future

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2009

The rooms were well equipped and comfortable (if a little small) and I had a nice view of the sea and tower.

The location was good - as it was just a little distance away yet still quiet. Breakfast was lovely and the hotel overall was very nice. Free parking was a bonus.

Enjoyed a few trips to the swimming pool and steam room - shame though the sauna was out of order.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
Dear Sirs,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to receive such positive comments I will be sure to pass these on as they serve as a great motivator.

I am sorry that the sauna was out of operation when you came to stay with us, but glad to hear you enjoyed the pool/ I can advise that from Monday 30th November a new sauna installation will be started with an expected completion time of one week.

Hilton prides its self on the variety and quality of it breakfast it is a pleasure to hear such positive feedback, and I am delighted you enjoyed your Hilton breakfast experience at the Hilton Blackpool

London
Reviewed 15 November 2009

Stayed here for a conference. Nothing very much to report: it worked fine as a conference venue, nothing went wrong, nothing bad about the service. But nothing much to write home about. The food is ok, if somewhat bland. The service is ok, if somewhat impersonal. The decor is ok, if uninspiring. The water was hot, the sheets were clean. Most memorable was laconic comment from the desk clerk. As I headed out side foran early morning walk, asked if it was raining. 'Maybe outside' he replied. Classic.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
DGM_Hilton_Blackpool, Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2009
Dear Sirs,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and for your positive and constructive feedback. It is through such feedback that I am able to constantly improve our products and services.

Birmingham
Reviewed 10 November 2009

A very friendly busy hotel, room (twin) was very good, food was very good , lighting went off in room during early morning (fault) but was rectified before our return.
Bar staff could be a bit more helpful, a brand of beer ran out during the evening leaving one drink short, was asked to take a seat for a short time and drink would be brought over,20 mins later no drink arrived so had to collect from bar, the barman had forgotten !!!
Waiters collect empty glasses but make no effort to ask if another drink is required, unusual for hilton hotel i believe ?

• Stayed November 2009
Dear Sirs,

After reading your comments about the bar team I have instructed further training thank you for brining these points to me attention

Southport
Reviewed 4 November 2009

My wife, my young son Callum and I returned to the Hilton Hotel for a two night stay over the Autumn half term holiday. Once again we were looking forward to the illuminations and enjoying the hotel's facilities. And once agin we were certainly not disappointed.

The car park is extensive - no problem finding a space. The reception area is large, and we were greeted in friendly and courteous manner. The staff are smart, professional and welcoming.

Our room was most spacious with sea views. The beds were really comfortable and ensured a fine night's sleep. The room itself was extremely clean and fresh, the bathroom first rate with luxuriously sized, soft, gleaming white towels, bath robes and
high quality, individial toiletries. There was no ambient noise from other rooms.

The shared areas are likewise clean and well cared for. The lifts gleam and the corridors wide and well cared for.

The food is brilliant. The breakfast has a fabulous choice of beautifully prepared food. The evening carvery was most impressive with lovely soup, fresh rolls, excellent range of starters, amazing choice of main meals with ample gorgeous vegetables and a mouth watering choice of swetts. There was a super children's menu with excellent, high quality yet child friendly options.

Depite it being very busy over half term the service was superb.

The swimming pool is super and the staff so friendly.

We have seen that there is a good offer at the Hilton between the peak Christmas and New Year festivities, so we have already rebookedfor another short stay.

The Hilton is an outstanding hotel. You really real that the staff care and are proud of their hotel.

Ron Naylor

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank RonSouthport
Dear Sirs,

When a returning guest writes such positive comments about all areas of the hotel and the team it is a pleasure to read. As you said it was a very busy time during your short break and the hotel was operating at full occupancy.

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Blackpool, and we look forward to seeing you back in December

Manchester
Reviewed 31 October 2009

I have never stayed in a Hilton Hotel before, but I will again. The staff were polite and attentive, the evening entertainment was good (my daughter even joined the singer on stage). The carvery was first class as was the breakfast. Although there was a wait to be seated at breakfast. The location is good as not to near the hustle and bustle of the resort. although we only stayed one night I have returned home well rested.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
DGM_Hilton_Blackpool, Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2009
Dear Sirs

Thank you for taking the time to place such a positive review on Tripadvisor. The team and I are pleased to hear you had such a positive stay at our hotel. It is a pleasure to receive such feedback and I will be passing on your comments to all of our staff as they serve as a great motivator.