“Very,very good”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Birmingham
“Very,very good”
Reviewed 30 April 2010

We've been renting cottages for years and finally got fed up with the owners' old furniture and TVs with four channels (if you're lucky) not to mention unjustified price hikes. Decided to try hotels this year and picked this one as I stay here on business. A little apprehensive to say the least. I shouldn't have been... this really was very, very good. We had a suite which was not only, huge but well equipped and spoltlessly clean. The room was serviced twice a day. The staff were professional but friendly and the whole experience was very enjoyable. The quality of the food was very good. I'd say they use top class ingredients and considering the numbers they cater for the chiefs do an excellent job. If you're having dinner, it's worth asking for a table at the top - for some reason they are the only tables with linen tablecloths - it makes all the difference. We enjoyed it and, yes, we will go back.

1 Thank MrJC
PA_HiltonBlackpool, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2010
Thank you for taking the time to complete your comments on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to see you had a wonderful stay and will return at a future date. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when everything possible will be done for you to enjoy the Hilton experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (819)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Cork
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I stayed here thankfully for 1 night only in April. It really must be one of the worse Hiltons in their group! Obviously trading on the brand but the hotel needs a complete makeover. Staff are ok but are visibily stressed from dealing with complaints and handle them at ease (almost like its an everyday occuance to them!)
Our first room was on the 7th floor and obviously hadn't been refurbed since the place was built. The wall mounted hairdyer wouldn't go back up on the wall in the bathroom and we had to room move as they couldn' turn it off without turning off all the electrics in the bathroom! Second room was only better as had new carpet, but the rest of the room, including the bathroom was ancient! Don't know if this is what they call a refurb but it certainly isn't what I would call it. Had dinner in the restaurant, which has actually very nice decor but food choice poor for my partner is vegetarian. Availed of leisure facilities but found them rather tired - just like the rest of the hotel! Its a real shame because its the only real branded hotel in Blackpool and we always use top rate 3 star / 4 stars when we go away and thought the name would be enough - how wrong we were...

1 Thank bridcoolgirl

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

London
Reviewed 19 April 2010

We stayed in the Hilton for 3 nights in April, we only had a couple of problems - 2 lamps not working in our room and no plunger in sink to let the water out! After phoning down to reception they offered us another room and to bring in extra lamps.

We were on the side so had a sea view. Hotel was very clean - staff were 100% attentive. Pool area was good - clean towels, slightly old changing area but plenty of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion for you to use. All Crabtree & Evelyn.

Breakfast was excellent - everything you could imagine and want for breakfast!

Bar area was spacious. Entertainment on Saturday night was good. Snacks from the bar were also very good.

Good place to stay to see the sights of Blackpool, buses and trams running regularly and cheap taxis

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank lale1996
Perthshire, Scotland
Reviewed 15 April 2010

Just returned from two nights at Blackpool Hilton. Booked on the internet in the Hilton January sale so secured a King Family Deluxe room at a reasonable rate. The room was spacious with a huge king size bed, sofa and two bunk beds. Well worth going for this as it had a few extra touches ie 2 tvs (one in kids sleeping area), fridge, extra toileteries, reasonable sea view, quiet as it was at the end of the corridor.
We had dinner in the hotel both evenings and always found the service to be excellent and a great selection of food.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank AMc39
PA_HiltonBlackpool, Guest Relations Maanager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2010
I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay purchased in the January sale, and you enjoyed the experience of our King Family De luxe room. I am glad you enjoyed your dining experience and the selcetion of food. Thank you for your kind comments about the service you received from the staff that I shall certainly pass onto them. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on a future occasion.
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Just returned from a nice stay in the Blackpool Hilton. Got a really good deal £59 a night including breakfast for my husband and I. The breakfast was lovely and we had dinner the first night which was also very good. The room was on the small side but clean and well equipped, the bed was huge although a bit hard. The pool area is in need of an upgrade I wouldn't go here for a spa weekend but it served its purpose. There was trams and buses outside to take you to the pleasure beach and we walked back and forward to the bars and restaurants near the tower. Had a pleasant stay and would go back if in Blackpool again and they had a good deal on. Have stayed in nicer 4 star hotels and nicer Hiltons though.

1 Thank k0612
Preston Lancs
Reviewed 5 April 2010

We arrived saturday 3/4/10 and was shown to our room on the 5th floor, the room was a bit shabby but comfortable our problem was the shower there was hardly any pressure and my husband being a plumber this was a no no.We went to reception and spoke to a very friendly lady called Gemma who advised us she would send maintenance to check it out and if we had any further problems to see her next day, The food in the resturant was very good as was the breakfast, Inhouse entertainment could have been better (I have seen better in the local wmc) After breakfast on Sunday morning reception rang us to advise us to pack, as they were moving us to another room further along the corridor.After packing we were on our way to reception and the cleaners were in the room we were moving to my husband asked if he could check the shower and when he did it was worse than the room we were in.
Another trip to see Gemma and this time she called on the Duty Manager Debbie McGhee to see if she could help us. She immedialtely listened to what my husband had to say and he told her the bathrooms have the best fittings and fixtures but they still seem to be in a time warp and the actual plumbing is possibly outdated as far back as the 60's, She then advised us to go and enjoy are day out and she would get us moved to another room. The room we were moved to was nice it was a Hilton King Suite but we still had problems with both showers one was leaking the othe had a lens cover missing off the light over the shower, Graham the concierge tried to fix this but it just fell off within 10mins of putting it on, my husband managed to use the leaking shower I dont know what he did but it did stop leaking. All in all I would give the staff 10/10 for trying they are great, but the hotel does not deserve the star rating it has, We are staying in the Hilton in Glasgow in July and I hope we do not have any problems there.

2 Thank RonPrestonLancs
PA_HiltonBlackpool, public relations manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2010
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at the Hotel. I waas pleased to see you enjoyed some of the hotel services and facilities we have to offer and the the staff provided a good service for you. I would apologise most sincerely for the problems you encountered with the water pressure, we have recently swapped the shower heads to conserve energy and in some cases this had an adverse effect so this is something we are looking at. I have passed your comments regarding entertainment to our entertainments manager, this is usually booked to try and please a wide spread audience, but I have passed your feedback on. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Scotland
Reviewed 24 March 2010

I have stayed at the Hilton Blackpool a few times now over the years and have always found it very good. Reception staff friendly and very helpful. I enjoyed using the pool. However, on my last trip I was allocated a room on the 2nd floor. The bed was clearly worn out, the sides actually going flat if anyone sat on it and the springs could be felt poking out. After two hours and no sleep, I couldn't stand it anymore. I rang reception and was subsequently (and without fuss) allocated a new room on the 4th floor - however, by this time it was midnight and I had to dress and pack up to move. The bed in the new room was liking floating on air compared to the one I had started in. The decor was also far superior. I will have to stay in Blackpool on business on regular occasions. I sincerely hope that the quality of beds on the 2nd floor are being given some serious consideration re renewal, because staying in a hotel of this quality in every other respect and enduring a bed of such discomfort is not acceptable. Breakfast was lovely, although one of the roller toasters kept setting fire to toast!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Hestonia
PA_HiltonBlackpool, Guest Relations at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2010
I was concerned to read your comments regarding the bed being so uncomfortable. The beds are standard throughout the Hilton Group and changed on a regular basis and also when the rooms are refurbished. I am so sorry we did not have a refurbished rooom to allocate to you on arrival and you had to move rooms. If you wish to discuss this further prior to your next arrival please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for your feedback.