“A brilliant birthday welcome”

Wilsons Hotel - Blackpool Tower View
Ranked #533 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We decided to stay at this hotel after reading positive reviews and I have to say I agree with them. We were given a lovely warm welcome and plenty of advise about parking etc...
We booked 3 rooms for a party of 5 and they were all clean and a good size. After a few minutes I was surprised by a a bunch of flowers, some cake and a card from the lovely owners. I have never had such VIP treatment before even at hotels 3 times as expensive. Thankfully my beautiful flowers survived the journey home and are now sitting on my windowsill.
I will definitely stay here again. The location is perfect for activities close to the Tower and is
only a short stroll to the beach.

The only negative comment about our holiday (which isn't anything to do with the hotel itself) is the noisy seagulls, but to be honest, I've stayed in numerous locations in Blackpool and they've made their presence known everywhere. I DO love seagulls and I love there noisy shenanegans. It's all part of the seaside experience though,They're rather comical creatures and were here long before us pesky humans. I just wish they'd have 'quiet time' occasionally, especially at 3am! ;)

This won't deter me from future visits though and I look forward to visiting again soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank catherine s

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here from saturday to tuesday for me and two friends break away. Really nice place to stay, clean, comfortable and greeted by a really nice and friendly chap who was very helpful and made sure we had everything we needed. Also had no issues with me and my mates stumbling in at 3.30am!

Only downside was the rooms were a bit stuffy and there was no access to a fan, however im sure we would have been given one if we asked.

Stay here!- in a prime location to attractions, nightlife and the winter gardens is literally a 2min walk!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank David G
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed with 2 of my friends for her birthday. The staff were really friendly and the place was nice and clean and brilliant value for money also it was a great location right in the centre :) would definitely stay again

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Sophiedalzell
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed at this hotel purely because of the reviews that we have found. Upon arrival at the hotel we where instantly made to feel extemely welcome. The lady ushered us in as we checked in and her husband kindly offered to carry our suitcase up to our room (havent ever received this service and have strayed at a LOT of hotels) we requested a higher room with our own toilet and they kindly put us on thw top floor. When entering the room I was amazed by the cleansliness, brightness and decor of the room (having stayed in Blackpool a few times this hotel is much classier than all other hotels) the room had a spotless bed, couldnt see a spec of dust, tower view and a pristine bathroom with shower and toilet. Only thing I could recommend is better storage for clothes to be hung as we was staying for 3 nights but wasnt much of an issue. We was out of the hotel quite a lot but upon arriving we was always asked if we needed anything in our rooms amd they solved it instantly if we did need anything. When leaving the hotel we was offered if we wanted to wait inside their lounge (which was also spotless and decorated beautifully) whilst we waited for our coach.

All in all its been an amazing experience at Blackpool and me and my partner will defiantly be staying at the Wilsons next time we visit as we couldnt ask for any more.
Thank you very much, hope to see you both soon

Joseph and Samuel Polizzi

xx

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JosephBowkett
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Pros - 1) Near town/Blackpool North station (10 mins walk), Blackpool Tower, North Pier and Coral Arcade (we thought this was the best arcade in the area)
2) Friendly staff
3) Very clean room
4) Pretty flowers in room
5) Reception room looked very nice
6) We were allowed to check in early
7) Towels made into swans
8) I requested room 6 and was allowed this as it wasn't already booked (someone recommended this one to me but I don't know why as there was nothing particularly special about it)
9) TV had lots of channels

Cons - 1) The rooms and corridors are smaller than they look in the photos
2) Shower head wouldn't fit in holder so we had to wedge it in
3) 30 mins walk from Blackpool Pleasure Beach
4) Staff were never in reception, we had to use the outside bell to get their attention! They should definitely invest in a bell on the counter
5) Breakfast isn't in the hotel - but is only a few minutes walk away
6) No lock on bathroom door!
7) Window in bathroom is like a normal window instead of the translucent ones, so the people over the road probably saw us naked each morning!
8) View isn't good
9) When looking at hotels we found this one for £30 for 2 adults and 2 nights, however just an hour later this had doubled to £60! It was an okay room but not worth £60!
10) We had to pay extra for a toilet of our own, I thought that was definitely a mickey take, but I paid it as I didn't want me and my partner to have to wait for the toilet
11) The room itself needed some work, such as the wallpaper was awful, pictures were ugly and a random chair was put in the corner, as if there was any point in wedging this there, we had barely any space as it was.
12) Several sets of stairs to get to our room
13) Wifi didn't work in our room
14) No space to hang clothes apart from a few hooks which are meant for coats

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
M S, Manager at Wilsons Hotel - Blackpool Tower View, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Tasmin,

Thanks a lot for your kind words & taking time to write us a review. We value each word you wrote & take pride in offering hospitality, spotless cleanliness, check in/out arrangements & a great value of money. £ 15 per person per night for a double Ensuite room for such clean & cosy room, located centrally is actually not too bad ! Our guests also have options to choose from our variety of rooms whatever suits their need (budget, standard or luxury rooms) as was the case at your hands whilst booking where all your requests were met instantly & nothing came in our way.
We also thank your friend who recommended you to stay with us & hope you found the same hospitality as you were told, if not more.
Your review is quite encouraging as it really goes to the roots & helps us getting to perfection. Your points are noted as our priority & work is already in place.
We thank you for your stay & please visit us again to see the additional improvements, you helped us bring in!
Regards to Liam

Many thanks,

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Last minute.com booking horrendous we arrived at 9:30pm felt like we were invading someone's living room.
The smell of air freshners was overwhelming. Nice enough man walked us to our room as we hit the first floor he pointed out a toilet !! We stopped in our tracks and enquired if we had a bathroom and where met with a smirk! No you have to share ! We offered to pay more but were told sold out. He then messed around on his phone and said he would refund our ££ if we got in touch with last minute.com, so with this we went on our way. After contacting last minute who contacted Wilson hotel they refused NICE! With this we went back and were met with "I never agreed that no way it's out of my hands" amongst other rude manners disgusting on soooo many levels.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Katrina T

Dear Katrina Taylor,

Thanks for your time to write the review & appreciating our friendliness & cleanliness. Katrina, we offered you exactly what you booked & we instantly shown you the booking confirmation the moment you realised you mistakenly booked a non-ensuite room. However, out of no obligation, we offered to refund you the money should the room is booked again by other guests but probably it was too late for someone to book it around 10.00 pm in the night.

We welcome you again at our hotel at discounted price where we will make sure you stay in our superior double ensuite room. Please call us @ 01253 749 244 to rejoice our complimentary offer regardless of this review which came under disappointment.

Many thanks,
Wilsons.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Whilst visiting Blackpool you must visit the tower celebrating 150 years this year. The view is amazing from the top almost see Isle of Man and South to Liverpool Bay. Revolutionary construction methods used at the time and few stories along the way how this is constructed and how a few lost their lives building it in the 1800's. The ball room also worth a vist. Based on the Eiffel Tower in Paris although a smaller version of. Did you know New BrightonTower would of been taller if this still existed!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple